4.0 out of 5 stars Rating & Review of Kindle Version Only
The rating and this review relate specifically to the Kindle version of the MacArthur Daily Bible. Let me start by saying that the MacArthur Daily Bible is a great resource and I have very much enjoyed reading the print version. However, the Kindle version is very different from the print version, and is a huge disappointment.

Firstly, the Kindle version is...
Published on May 2, 2011 by G. Forster

3.0 out of 5 stars I Checked Sample
I'm fortunate in that I have it on my iPad. The book on the iPad is much like the hardcopy. On the kindle you have to toggle back and forth to the Table of contents to see the next portion for the Psalms, Proverbs, and New Testament reading for that day. On the iPad it reads exactly as it does in the book without having to toggle to the TOC for that day. Seems odd to me...
Published 11 months ago by P. Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 519 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I returned the book because there is no table of contents and navigation is nearly impossible, March 27, 2014
This review is from: The MacArthur Daily Bible: Read through the Bible in one year, with notes from John MacArthur (Kindle Edition)
I returned the book the same day I purchased it. There was no table of contents so navigation was very very difficult. As a one-year study Bible it looked like an excellent choice if you follow the suggested route. But if you want to use it for any other reading or to look up scripture, it is nearly impossible. I tried for quite a while to see if there was an easy way to find the verse I was looking for and found none, so (as stated above) returned it. Please read the other reviews that say it is a great Daily Reading Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great daily Bible reading!, August 4, 2009
I was looking for a daily bible reading that had more then one scripture followed by a story by the author of the devotional. I was interested in something with a little more meat and less milk. This has fit the bill perfectly. It takes more then five minutes to read through the daily sections, but it is well worth it. The notes from MacArthur add to the understanding of the text. This is great for someone looking to get deeper into scripture!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second one to purchase, March 4, 2014
Love John's insight into different scripture passages and that they include some background and culture of the day. It helps you to understand the whole picture.

The inclusion of OT, Psalms, Proverbs and NT is the sequence I like for reading the bible in a year. Because my first copy was paper and began to come apart after many years, this time I ordered it Kindle edition and read it on my I pad mini.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition Only, September 24, 2013
Earthenvesel (Mattawan, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review applies to the Kindle Edition and was purchased for use on the Kindle Fire. The study notes appeared as blank text boxes. I deleted and downloaded it a second time, but it did not remedy the problem. Amazon quickly credited my account upon return so I am not unhappy with the service, just disappointed that it did not work like it was supposed to. I would purchase again if the problem gets fixed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Standard Bible but hard to navigate, September 20, 2013
Amy (Transfer, PA) - See all my reviews
I have a difficult time getting around in the book. It is hard to get from book to book, New Testament to Old Testament.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but has errors, January 11, 2013
I do enjoy this book. The commentary explaining various verses is informative and the the commentary on what is a major part of the daily readings is good. However, there are some errors in the commentary. Certain verses that Mr. MacArthur has chosen to set apart and give commentary on are not the actual verses that he gives commentary on. The verse numbers are correct but the boldface quote supposedly from that verse is wrong and the following commentary is not for the verses that are referenced by the verse numbers. I don't know what he is commenting on.
I gave the book 3 stars because the greatest majority of the book is correct. I am a bit disappointed that these errors are included in the book. It should have been better proofread and edited I believe.
This is for the kindle version. I havent noticed anyone else mentioning this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Footnotes messed up, January 7, 2013
In the book of Matthew, some of the footnotes do not correspond with the text. They actually go along with the book of Mark (I was checking the chapter and verse to find out where in the Gospels those footnotes would make sense).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to read the bible, January 2, 2013
The MacArthur daily Bible makes reading the bible easy with pieces from OT, Psalms, Proverbs, and NT, as well as notes from John MacArthur. The kindle version also makes it easy to go to specific parts of the bible because each book is both sequential as well as broken down to the daily readings.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have the KINDLE version and I LOVE it! Here is why:, July 27, 2012
I have auto immune health issues. I am sometimes too fatigued to sit up and read first thing in the morning, so I lie in bed and read this on my little Android cell phone which has a Kindle reader loaded onto it, that accesses all my Kindle titles.

With one click I go to the Old Testament portion, the next takes me to the reading of the day in Psalms, then click to a Proverb, then onto the reading of the day in the New Testament. Last click link takes me back to my schedule of the month where I leave it for tomorrow.

I have NEVER had it so easy following a "read the Bible all the way thru in a year" plan. No fumbling, no heavy Bible, just click click and click.

I have a separate pair of other full Bibles (this is a full Bible too, just has the links to click to for each day of the year) which I can turn to for other versions, different study notes. I usually read them on my Kindle device.

AND that brings me to the Study notes. They are embedded within the text as sidebar material to enhance your understanding of the history or significance of what it going on in that day's reading. Very helpful.

The text can be sized up or down as needed, and the use of white space is excellent, allowing the eye to read easily.

This is my morning study Bible. In less than 15 minutes I've read thru my reading of the day, and I haven't got bogged down in the "who begats". A little from the OT, then Psalms, a pinch of Proverbs and a bit of the NT and bingo, I'm feeling a lot more like tackling my day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily Word, May 21, 2012
Audrey C. Stanton "Audi" (Brookings, OR United States) - See all my reviews
The MacArthur Daily Bible starts each day with a chapter or two from the Old Testament, inspiration from Psalms and Proverbs, and a few verses or chapters from the New Testament. It's about 15 minutes to a half hour of reading time, but it is so interesting that you want to read more. Reading these excerpts start your day out right.
Audi Stanton