Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on December 4, 2003
Whatever your feelings about Joy Electric, this is probably the most unique Christmas album to be released this season. Using "synthesizers and vocals only", Ronnie Martin has put together a charming and unusual collection of holiday tunes which fans of the "band" will certainly enjoy. Those who are new to Joy Electric would be advised to seek out the compilation titled "The Art and Craft of Popular Music" for a proper introduction.
Consisting of 9 standard-type Christmas songs/carols and one original - "Lolipop Parade (On Christmas Morn)", which originally appeared on the "Happy Christmas, Vol. II" collection, Martin covers Buryl Ives ("Holly Jolly Christmas")and a host of others with his selection of seasonal fare. Martin's rather breathy, reedy vocal style may be an acquired taste for some, but it seems to work well on most of these familiar tunes.
I did find it odd that a Christian artist such as Martin would record 80% secular songs - but since Joy Electric have more than just a Christian fan base, this move is not altogether surprising.
Fans of Joy Electric won't be disapointed with this, but I doubt it will gain the band any new fans. It's pretty rare that a Christian Alternative band gets to release a Christmas album, so let's just be thankful it's out now and enjoy it.
on December 25, 2014
What a fun album for the holidays! Excellent synth music with heart-felt songs. Ronnie Martin has a remarkable voice along with a gift with synths. A bit unusual, this will appeal to the more traditional listener as well as the appreciator of electronic music in the vein of Kraftwerk and it's many, many ancestors. Highly recommended!
on December 9, 2005
If you are a big fan of synth-pop, new wave, 80's dance or anything electronic this might well become one of your favorite Christmas CDs. When I first heard it I was awestruck. I can't say I am a fan of the whole JE library but this set is amazing. The arrangements are clean yet complex like the best of Vince Clark and other genius composers of the genre. You can find some of the songs on this CD on various compilations but I strongly recommend grabbing "The Magic of Christmas" and experiencing it for yourself.
on December 10, 2005
I cannot stand Christmas music for the most part, especially the cheesy Mariah Carey crap that you hear at the mall while trying to get your shopping done. It's supposed to get you in a "festive" mood, but it just makes me want to kill someone. However, Joy Electric strike gold with this compilation of Christmas tunes. I would even go as far to say that I really enjoy this album quite a bit. It is quite short, but that's ok, after all, how long can you drag Frosty the Snowman on for? There are 10 songs on this CD, 9 traditionals and 1 original called Lollipop Parade, which is quite a good song. If you are like me and don't like cheesy Christmas music, check this out for a breath of fresh air, or if you're a huge J.E. fan like me, you need this for your collection. Very good!
on October 4, 2004
To the last reviewer: how can you give an album which you think is good, only two stars because you wish it was longer? Wow. Ronnie Martin obviously went to a lot of work on this gem and it's well worth the 15 (or less) bucks it might set you back. I was counting the days until this one came out and it more than met my expectations. And yes I wished it was longer; because it rocks! I'm a songwriter and I know that sometimes when you make a song longer you're just putting in filler. Why not just keep the good stuff?

Alright, enough ranting. Buy this album. It may be short but it's nonstop good!
on December 3, 2010
This short and sweet album is absolutely magical! It captures perfectly those feelings you used to get at Christmas time when you were a kid. I guess I'm old now but, I look forward to getting this one out every year. This is NOT just for Joy Electric fans, I think everyone could enjoy the simplicity and magic of this one.
on December 6, 2006
I love christmas music I love 80,s new wave music,. What a great fit. It is quite cheesy but it works for christmas music. It is a fun christmas album to play for friends and family.