5.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved it!
Published on January 21, 2011 by dbaks

2.0 out of 5 stars Just okay
Published on December 28, 2011 by J. Zeidenfeld

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved it!, January 21, 2011
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
I teach a small group of home schoolers aged 5-8 based on these kits and this kit was great! I loved hearing the "WOW's" from kids when we did some of these experiments (especially solar beads). I used 4 kits for 12 kids and they were able to share with few extras being purchased (from the grocery store). I combined it with the "Soaring Into Flight" kit for the semester. We did trivia on the last day and I was amazed at what their little minds absorbed!

The planets didn't stick to the play dough as well as expected, but we easily fixed that with toothpicks. Use very little water to paint the planets and glue your mobile if you want it to stay on the wires. This kit is very much worth the money even with these little bumps.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, December 28, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
I was disappointed by the quality of this product. The first thing my son and I attempted to do was construct the solar system, but the paint was difficult to use on the styrofoam and the wire was hard to attach to the project. We tried another experiment with a flashlight and then something with identifying stars, which was nearly impossible. These were educational, but not enticing enough to keep his interest for more than a couple of hours. He gave it another attempt when he tried to assemble a telescope that did not want to cooperate. Nobody in our family was able to figure out the little cardboard telescope, there goes my husband's engineering career.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy at all., December 7, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
Bought for our daughter, we love the books and the video, but this "lab" is a major disappointment. Cheaply made with little educational value. It might be okay as a rainy day activity but not as a lesson for our homeschool.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all that great, January 29, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
I had high hopes considering the name, but it fell short. It makes for a decent jumping off point, but the constellation project was a complete fail that served only to frustrate and there is a real lack of information and instruction overall. I wont be buying this name again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure your kid loves science!, September 17, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
If you have a kid between 7 and 12, and likes science, it will keep them interested. For the younger ones you will have to practically do it for them, but hey that's part of the fun of bonding and doing it in the first place. The paints won't stick to the Styrofoam balls so the paints are worthless, I am going to have to buy spray on enamel from the hobby store or something, big disappointment there. It is hard to get kids interested in star constellations, but I am going to try again; and maybe after telescope night she will be more interested. Overall not too bad. The stickers were cool. Not bad for one afternoon or two of fun, but don't expect it to last all summer. 3 out of 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for At-Home Science!, January 9, 2013
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
This is the first Magic School Bus Science kit I have purchased and it won't be the last! The instruction manual is conversational and adds character and fun to the experiments. All of the activities are simple and can be completed with just the materials in the box (as opposed to so many science kits that require a sizable trip to Walmart first!). My five year old especially loved his 3D model. I will say that the materials are not the highest in quality and would definitely not stand up to a lot of wear and tear. That might mean that this would not be the best choice for classroom use. However, for my son and our small homeschool coop, this was fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of fun and experiments, January 14, 2014
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
We are a huge fan of The Magic School Bus science kits and have almost done them all. This kit entertained the kids for weeks and they learned lots about space with posters, stickers, and even a bouncy ball mobile

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Hands on Science Kit, April 21, 2013
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
I really like this. It is several small projects with a step by step guide. we combined it with the book, 'The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System', for a mini science unit for a 2nd grade student.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids who love science and if you have ..., November 14, 2014
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
Great for kids who love science and if you have find at a reasonable (not full) price. The stargazing telescope was just okay, the paint would not stick to the planets, and the flashlight wasn't anything special. If you are looking for a gift for the young astronomer in your house, then this might work. However, older children will not probably not be amazed. Pairing it with a Magic School Bus episode helps prolong the activities, but we had a hard time stretching each activity longer than 5 minutes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would give a 2 and a half star rating, if could, March 8, 2014
This review is from: The Magic School Bus: The Secrets of Space (Toy)
My daughter and I find "Magic School Bus" books and shows to be excellent - complete fun for her; educational content for me. This is the only kit we've tried. We have not tried another because it was disappointing. Good content, but the activities were not very good (my daughter found them disappointing and was discouraged by their results). We want to support "Magic School Bus" but are leery about the kits.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›