Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

100%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 13, 2009
Awesome!! Hundreds of sketch, storyboard, visual characters development, backgrounds,... In the tradition of wonderful art books edited by Insight Editions. One of the best, if no the best, art animation book ever published.
This edition includes slipcase
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 16, 2009
I really enjoy the animation art books published by Insight Editions. The Art and Making of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is another wonderful art book authored by Tracey Miller-Zarneke, who's also wrote the sold-out The Art of Kung Fu Panda.

This is a hardcover edition that comes with a sturdy cardboard slipcase. There are over 180 pages of art instead of the 156 listed erroneously on Amazon.

Inside the book is filled with concept art on the characters, the town and buildings, the props, storyboards, beatboards and colour studies. What I really like about the book is the art is created with a wide variety of medium. We have pens, pencils, markers, watercolour as well as digital drawings. The artistic style is incredibly varied and really colourful. There are even photos from the studio's in-house "Most Creative Breadboat" competition.

The book also comes with a lot of removable goodies. When you pull out the book from the slipcase, you'll be greeted by the smell of strawberries. That comes from the sticker book of food art. Additionally, there are removable sketches of top secret inventions, a huge map of the town, a multi-fold of the school's ridiculously long chalkboard and a few mini-booklets containing more art. This makes the book really fun to read.

All the major characters in the animation has writeup on them. Many of the art work are accompanied by captions from the production team. There are many interesting stories on production, such as figuring out how to make burgers bounce, break apart, and still look appealing. And how much food was ate while the artists were drawing delicious food.

This is definitely one of the art books to get for this year.

Most highly recommended.

(More pictures are available on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
on October 18, 2009
I am totally in agreement with these other reviews, all I can say is that if you are an animator, graphic designer, concept artist or an animation lover...YOU NEED THIS BOOK! I have tons of "Art of" movie books and this one is just the best in my collection. Amazing work by all the talented artist, Chris Reccardi (his work includes Samurai Jack, Ren & Stimpy...and so on) being one of my favorites. The book comes with Scratch and sniff stickers, a CD, cards that pull out from little folders, mini books and HUGE Full page paintings and character designs, explainations of the story elements and characters....it is just really well done. It comes in a super nice hardcover slipcase too!

When it comes to this book you may pay a little more than the Pixar "Art of" books but you get so much more! (Don't get me wrong I am an insane Pixar Fan!) At this price, I recommend getting this book before it goes out of print and you have to pay a fortune for it...like the art of Kung-Fu Panda.
on October 7, 2009
Tracy knows animation. She knows the process intimately and knows artists, and thus she writes the best books. This one is filled to the brim with character designs, story boards, vis dev art and production paintings. Go buy it. IT is truly one of the best of it's kind.
on October 22, 2011
I cannot believe how much stuff they packed into one art book. I love all the ideations and development of each characters and set. It completely goes through the whole process of creating this masterpiece animation. If you are a fan of collecting making-of and art books... this is a must have!
on July 10, 2013
The movie was awesome in my opinion, and this book is very complete in regard to information and sketches. It has a lot of the process of character design and gives some input as to the problems during production. It details the character design, rigging and animation stages pretty well, and it was increasingly interesting. I would totally recommend this
on September 16, 2013
This is one of the best art from a movie books! I have a bunch of these books but this is really one of the best so far! it has stickers and many extra stuff! Im so in love with this book that I already purchased the book of the second movie!
on August 17, 2014
I have been building my little library of 'the art of animated films' books for a while now and I have to say this book takes the number one spot in my collection. It's jam packed with loads of inspiration.
on February 2, 2010
This book has been my best purchase in months; it seems made with a lot of care and love for animation, and it's full of little surprises such as stickers and Flint's inventions' designs hidden in paper envelopes.
To me, it's an indispensable purchase if you enjoyed this marvelous movie.
Not to mention Amazon's super-low price, which should definitely help you decide to buy it in case you have any doubts.
on April 5, 2010
If you are inclined to buy one of these movie art books - then this is the one to get. It is one of the most unique books, with slides and pullouts, awesome art and information about Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. If you enjoyed the movie, then you will be amazed and entertained with this book - it is a bit expensive, but worth every penny.