5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further..
I usually don't like 'flash tattoo' books of any sort. Unless it's a very genre specific book with very high quality photos like
Bushido : Legacies of the Japanese Tattoo by Takahiro Kitamura.

Published on April 16, 2009 by L. Bloom

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Book cheap craftmenship
The book arrived in great condition but has deteriorated quickly. The binding is falling apart, paging are coming out and it looks as though it has been used and abused even though it has be cared for well.
Published 20 months ago by Steph4x4

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further.., April 16, 2009
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
Bushido : Legacies of the Japanese Tattoo by Takahiro Kitamura.

Mammoth Tattoos is not a collection for the 'I must get this tattoo for my next inking' folks... Leave that for the flash books and various tattoo magazines out there.

Unlike all those though--The Mammoth Book Of Tattoos had me floored as I had never before seen such a staggeringly fresh and inspirational collection of art on almost every page. And certainly every genre. Each artist and their art represented by very high quality photos. I had to pick what I didn't like and came up with three out of the 80 artists represented.

This really is a fascinating (coffee-table/reference)book for anyone who appreciates graphic design, classic and modern and yes art which only happens to be on an epidermal canvas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge help in planning/designing first tattoo, June 30, 2009
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
I've been planning for my first tattoo since booking my appointments with my chosen artist 3 months in advance (since he was booked up that far out). This book really helped me consider the design/content I will have custom drawn, not only because of the large number of tattoo's shown in this book by top artists, but also because the Japanese tattooing style is very well represented (which is what I am getting). I also liked that there were quite a few large tattoos in this book, and not just full of smaller shoulder-sized tattoos.

There are also other styles represented, but I would say 40% of the book is Japanese style tattoos. To me it has been invaluable, and given the inexpensive cost, would be worth having for the seriously tattoo'ed as well as the tattoo admirerer as an eclectic coffee table book (although there's some nudity in it, so keep that in mind for the under 18 crowd).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, September 14, 2009
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
This book is perfect for you if you're not familiar with the Tattoo/Flash/Savage magazines. Personally I've seen all this stuff a million times before in the previously mentioned magazines. The only thing this has that mags don't is nudity. I had to hide a few pages from prying eyes. My cynical side wonders why Kim Saigh, Corey Miller, and Hannah Aichitson were included. La Ink anyone??? Overall good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Book cheap craftmenship, August 26, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok art, poor bookbinding, April 9, 2012
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
I purchased this book expecting it to be a good coffee table piece. I was a little surprised at how small it is. The art work contained within is ok, nothing that really moves you.

The big surprise was the bookbinding. My book literally fell apart at the seams the first time I went through it. Very poor job on the part of the printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quantity of Quality!, December 21, 2011
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
The Mammoth Book of Tattoos is a stunning collection of artwork from a conglomerate of select tattoo masters of this generation. Most of the artwork featured in this book is in the styles of modern and Japanese tattoo art, so the variety is slightly limited, but all the photographs are in full color and dazzling quality which really draws you into the depth and detail of each tattoo.

Very little information is offered on the art of tattooing and the artists themselves, but the pictures speak volumes and offer a story that is, perhaps, not possible in the form of the written word. I have absolutely no negative comments about this book. Of all the tattoo-related literature I have collected thus far, The Mammoth Book of Tattoos is by far my favorite to look at again and again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Binding Process, November 5, 2012
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
The book has virtually fallen apart due to the cheap glue used in the binding; I'm left with a mess of scattereed pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is awesome., November 4, 2010
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
I just got this book in the mail today, and it is completely worth the $13. I've bought alot of tattoo art books, and I have subscribed to several differant tattoo magazines, and this is one of the best. This book shows several of my favorite artists and is all around awesome.

3.0 out of 5 stars worth a look, August 15, 2010
while reading this i noticed that a lot of these tattoos don't really seem "book worthy" however the artists themselves are all pretty solid, if you've seen Miami or LA ink then you probably have seen a lot of these tattoos.
this is a good book to check out if your thinking about getting a tattoo or considering becoming a tattooist
there are a lot of good ideas here along with a few mediocre ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Phots, August 24, 2009
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Paperback)
The pictures are great. Lots of up close shots that let you see the detail. Multiple rolling shots of tats that wrap around an arm or leg so you can see the whole design. I wish the writer went into more detail in their interviews with the artists. I am very happy with my purchase of this book.

ARRAY(0x9caa2e34)

The Mammoth Book of Tattoos
The Mammoth Book of Tattoos by Lal Hardy (Paperback - March 10, 2009)
$18.95 $14.67