Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The March King - John Philip Sousa Conducts His Own Marches And Other Favorites - An Historical Recording
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 6, 2007
I was delighted to hear these remastered Sousa marches.They were true to the sound of antique Sousa recordings without the scratches and needle noise.These give me insight into American military band music of today.If you are a fan of military band music, buy this record.It is of great and pleasant value.
on July 21, 2015
Sousa had me at hello when I was in the fifth grade and began trumpet lessons. After several years in the band, Sousa marches still move me. My daughter-in-law who played for the Kansas University band and I are big Sousa fans.
on April 6, 2011
Anyone who played an instrument in their school marching band will be familiar with at least some of Sousa's marches. These are timeless military classics that will inspire the freedom loving patriot in all of us. This is not the best recording of his music. It sounds much like an old record being played on an AM radio, but then again, that was what recordings of this era sounded like. This is a great recording for any musical history buff to have in their collection. John Philip Sousa directing the Sousa Band!
on April 3, 2014
Every conductor interprets a composition differently. Arthur Fiedler conducted with a rounder, fuller style than Sousa, and both renditions are fun. It's fun to hear what the composer envisioned. You can get Scott Joplin and George Gershwin, and Ferd Grofe performances of their work, and should do so.
on September 7, 2013
I ALWAYS LIKED BAND-MARCHING CONCERTS FIELD SHOWS AT FOOTBALL GAMES AND WE ALWAYS PLAYED SOUSA MARCHES-A WONDERFUL TIME IN THE 60S-TO HAVE A CD WITH JOHN PHIILIP SOUSA CONDUCTING HIS BAND IS SUPER TERRIFIC FOR ME-THE STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER-MY FAVORITE ALWAYS BRINGS ME TO TEARS HAPPY ONES I MIGHT SAY. THANKS I LOVE IT!
on March 10, 2011
I found this item to be very good the sound was crisp and the songs were well presented and enjoyable.
on January 7, 2016
A great album!! To know that this is actually John Philip Sousa conducting his own band over 100 years ago is fantastic. The music is beautiful and the digital re-mastering is extremely well done.
on July 8, 2015
The march king John Philip Sousa is a American icon, it just makes you love America even more.
on September 22, 2014
Gets you in the mood for the 4th of July.
on December 5, 2008
I like good march music, and there is none better than John Philip Sousa's. I have four of his CDs which I play while exercising on my tread mill and other machines. It really keeps me stepping and exercising.