Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on August 3, 2007
I saw this video on PBS a month ago and loved it. It does a great job of explaining what the Marine Corp is all about. I went through OCS in 1970, so for me it was interesting to see what had changed and what has remained the same. Surprisingly, my wife watched the whole video with me. I thought that she would humor me for 5 or 10 minutes but that was not the case. She loved it and said it made her understand me and my love for the Marines.
on July 3, 2007
"The Marines" is a well-produced piece that gives a great overview of the process of making a Marine, both enlisted and officer level. This video will provide a background for gaining an understanding into the culture of the Marine Corps. Highly recommended.
on November 25, 2009
My son is giving thought to joining the Corps and this was truly a great reflection of what can be expected and experienced!

Semper Fi!
on August 10, 2014
Served in the United States Marine Corps from 1963 to 1969. My father was on Guadalcanal in WWII. He will always be my hero.
Serving my country was an honor which provided me a privledge greater than one can imagine. To live in the United States of
American in freedom. All those who have served in uniform provided us this precious gift. To my brothers and sisters serving today,
Semper Fi, I love you all.
on September 12, 2015
An extraordinary documentary that careful shows the merging of a diverse group of young men (mostly) into one unit, one body. the fastidiousness and clarity of the training is amazing to witness. Additionally, the revelation of the officer selection and training process is equally brilliant.

I had the pleasure of spending three days at Parris Island this past July as an adult supervisor with a group of 40 high school ROTC students attending a 5-day leadership course. It was brilliant and tough, and the young people will never forget it. They were treated just like recruits.

I strongly recommend this video.
on December 30, 2010
I saw this on PBS and was riveted. It's really well done. I ended up buying it for my brother who was a Marine. I'm not a flag-waving, military type, but watching this gave me an appreciation for what he went through and how and why being a Marine gave him focus and discipline.
on February 20, 2015
Went through Parris Island in 1980, Retired 2001. Enough said. Now if they would have put a piece on the African American Marine Regiment called The Marrymount Marines I would have given this a 5 !!!!!
on December 28, 2012
I bought this DVD to accompany the book "Underdogs" for my son-in-law who was an eight-year Marine. He's watched it more than once since Christmas and I think he may be trying to recruit one or two of his sons (he has five) to join the Corps. Of course, I'm trying to convince them that West Pont where my fathers and brothers attended would be a better choice. We'll see. In the meantime, I recommend this DVD highly.
on January 4, 2014
The DVD "The Marines" is awesome. The manner in which it introduces the public to the "warrior instinct" of the U S Marine Corps is fabulous. In 90 minutes the DVD brings you from the beginning of the Marine Corps into the present day without skipping a heart best. It traces every aspect of "the corps" from basic training, the women marines, their mission, their accolades and their dedication to Country, Flag and last but not least the US Marine Corps
John J Kennedy
on November 29, 2013
My 9 year old son thinks he wants to be a Marine. This movie provided him with great information about the Marines. He was a little taken back by what they really do. I thought it was excellent information for people considering joining the Marines.