5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to review and summarize material., February 4, 2007
Delirium "Star" (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Math Teacher's Book Of Lists: Grades 5-12, 2nd Edition (Paperback)
I'm a first-year math teacher in high school and I use this book very often. It's a great way to summarize the material for a review in general and before a test. It's an essential tool for a quick reference because it puts all the rules on a subject together on one page. For example, a page "Common Forms of Linear Equations" lists 6 equations: Standard form, Slope-Intercept form, Point-Slope form along with equations for Vertical Line, Horizontal Line and Slope-Intercept form passing through origin. When we did the unit on linear functions, this was a great way to put all that we have learned together and have a flash card for easy reference.

I would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!! Must have for first year teachers and beyond., June 9, 2010
I wasn't sure exactly how I would use this book since it is my first year teaching. The resources compiled in this book are so simple that any student can follow along. There are teacher only lists that deal with things like struggling students, students who hate math, student who just like to be a pain in the butt, etc. The back of the book also contains some cool hands on projects that can be used. Geometry nets, tangram cutouts, blank checks for a financial unit, graph paper that you can copy or scan to use in the classroom. The book goes from pre-algebra to calculus. Besides all the problems, definitions, and explanations, the book has specific strategies to help students with all types of learning styles get a grasp of the material. Testing strategies are also in one of the "lists". Don't let the word list fool you this book is soooo much more!!! Buy it you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Math Teacher's Must, October 15, 2009
I use my copy of The Math Teacher's Book of Lists frequently. It's full of great reproduceable templates, and info pages such as lists of primes, perect numbers, square numbers, triangular numbers, etc. It's also a great reference to refresh your own memory on topics that have gotten rusty. I purchase a copy for each new math teacher I mentor. It makes a great gift. Every year I get my copy of The Math Teacher's Book of Lists off the shelf and page through it. Each time I do this, I find several pages that I can use to make my job easier or to explain a concept more clearly to the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best math resource I have ever purchased, July 17, 2012
I teach pre-algebra to students who are far below level. My kids have made good gains year after year with hands-on methods and with study guides I have made for them throughout the year. I have created so many materials which are like "cheat" sheets of quick reference guides for topics. My students use their reference sheets or study guides and eventually do not need to refer to the study guides. As you can imagine, making study guides with essential information is very time consuming.

For example, there is a page in the book just for triangle terms with a visual and explanations for triangle, side, vertex, area, angle bisector.... another page has the common forms of linear equations--standard, vertical line, horizontal line, slope-intercept, etc.

My two daughters who are in high school were already glancing through the book because of the reference pages for Calculus. This book is a wonderful reference for intermediate grades (4-6) all the way through Calculus. I wish I had found this book years ago. It would have saved me a lot of time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Resource, June 18, 2014
This book is amazing. I thought I might find a dozen or so lists to use in my 8th grade math classes, but more that half of the lists are appropriate. It is a great resource for any 5-12 grade teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Resource for Math Teachers, June 4, 2014
This is an amazing book for math teachers. It is divided up by subject (i.e. Algebra, Calculus), and then lists formulas or equations for them. It's not a work book, so don't think that that is what you're getting. Instead, it is a resource book that you can use to share with students or to brush up on your knowledge of math.

I highly recommend this if you're a math teacher or want a good reference book for math.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Math Teachers, May 14, 2014
I love this book. It has reference pages for every topic a math teacher covers. It is in an easy to read format. Don't be without this book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, December 24, 2013
First we went to Barnes n Noble and it was very expensive so we checked in Amazon. Like always I find almost everything here. The book is really good for reference and really easy to understand. I would recommend this item..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Math Reference!, May 31, 2013
I have been using this book to reference any area of math you could possibly want to learn more about. I have currently used it while tutoring a 7th grade student and the book provides excellent examples and explanations of various algebra related topics. The book includes any area of math you with to reference. The only drawback is that there is no index, so you have to search for topics in the table of contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Usefull, January 7, 2013
This book is so great for teacher looking for ideas of for information. I use if very often and recommend it to others who are needing help.

The Math Teacher's Book Of Lists: Grades 5-12, 2nd Edition
The Math Teacher's Book Of Lists: Grades 5-12, 2nd Edition by Judith A. Muschla (Paperback - April 4, 2005)
$32.95 $22.26