Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 30, 1999
The Mayan Oracle is a delight for the discriminating seeker after a more evolved oracle. Tired of tarot and its worn archetypes which are based on the Middle Ages, gothic and dark overtones, I found the Mayan system un-contaminated and fresh. The cards are stunning in their beauty and design, immediately conveying a lighter, more etheric message for the spiritually discerning individual.
on March 24, 2002
This set still rates 5 stars, both for content and beauty, even though the newer sets that are now shipping no longer have a hardcover book. The book is now softcover, and, disappointingly, omits the handy reference charts that are in the front and back of the hardcover.
The cards are *almost* the same in this newer edition. In the older sets, they are a little more vibrant, and the finish is a high gloss, while the newer ones have more of a matte finish.
I prefer the packaging of the older set: the book slides out of the side, and a carboard container next to it slides out, and neatly held in that are the cards. The packaging of the new set is not bad, but you do have to slide the cover off; then the book sits on top of a carboard section with a cut-out center for the cards.
In short, I would suggest trying to find an older set with the hardcover book, and superior packaging; but the new set is still, overall, quite lovely, and the content is undeniably wonderful. A wise and beautiful oracle.
on October 9, 2004
Thanks to another review here I made a special effort to find the hardcover edition with the nicer cards and reference charts.

BEWARE! The publisher still has this item marked as "hardcover", so if you shop online you can't just go by the info in product description. Someone actually has to look at the item for you. (And never having seen it myself, I didn't know there was an easy visual clue and was assuming I needed an unsealed set for someone to take it out of the sleeve and handle it.) Now that I have successfully gotten my hands on the hardcover, I can tell you the softcover is blue, and the hardcover is yellow. If this makes a difference to you, I thought I'd pass this along and save you some of the headaches I had!
55 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 1998
The Mayan Oracle reminds us humans of where we are from and tells us how to get back. It is a guide to establishing multidimensional consciousness while remaining grounded on planet Earth. It helps to loosen the gridwork of fear-based 'reality' and allows real magic to come back into our lives. The cards are beautifully done and a joy to work with. The energies represented by the cards are very real and have assisted me enormously in my journey of awakening. I believe every seeker can benifit enormously from interacting with the wisdom of the timekeepers - the Mayans. Love and peace, Lotus
on November 18, 2006
I have been working with the Mayan Oracle for about 5-6 years and love it. It is by far my favorite oracle hands down. It goes direct to the Source and is filled with pure cosmic transmissions!!! It is always so right on for me in a way that goes so deep and takes me beyond ordinary reality to a much more expansive, cosmic and enlightened view. I highly recommend this oracle for transporting anyone into the consciousness of the New World that is unfolding.
on July 24, 2005
I agree that the older hard cover is my favorite. But the newer set is still wonderful. The cards reach out and ignite symbols held in my memory that are univeral and archtypica in nature. The information is poetic and allows the right brain to flow into a new way of seeing the universe. In this time of great transformation it is a must. As a professional psychic I use this deck every day with my clients.
on August 11, 2005
Fantastic book and oracle cards! Really find them insightful for personal development. They speak from the aspect of higher guidance for your life. I could relate to them and enjoyed using them!
on March 8, 2011
I had a copy of this oracle set forever ago. And somewhere along the line I misplaced it.

I thought about ordering another copy, but I kept seeing reviews about how later versions had been issued with a paperback book instead of the nice hardcover the original version had.

I held off because, as much as I liked the oracle, I didn't want a paperback book. So when I saw this brand new version, listed on Amazon as The Mayan Oracle: A Galactic Language of Light [Hardcover], it was a no-brainer.

I got the new set yesterday and was really disappointed to discover that the book is, in fact, a paperback. And the cards don't look quite as vibrant as the original set.

The oracle is excellent. And the information in the book is incredible - thorough, detailed, unique. That's why I gave it four stars.

But the paperback book and Amazon's incorrect information are big let downs. So caveat emptor.

If you're looking for a hardcover version, look somewhere else. I'll probably be sending this back.
on May 17, 2014
This is the first book I have read since being introduced to the Mayan 13-moon calendar and it has been a tremendous help in understanding (or rather, remembering) this synchronistic system of understanding ourselves and others as we truly are in a galactic sense. I not only was able to go deep into my own galactic tone and seal, but also the tones and seals of people important in my life. I have also found it helpful to read about the tone and seal that applies to each day (which are easily found on the home page of [...]. The book comes with a set of oracle cards that help focus the energy of the day or the issue you are using them to find out more about. When I first looked at the card of my husband's seal I just got lost in it and couldn't put it down--it was so beautiful. I highly recommend this excellent tool for returning to the vibration of higher consciousness.
on December 17, 2012
A friend of mine recommend I get these cards because they reflected in-depth principles and assist in getting clearer within your own consciousness. I have to agree these cards do move you toward a greater understanding and, for me, actually opened up thinking in a way I hadn't thought of. The cards are beautifully designed and written, but not for the faint of heart. I would recommend these cards for those you are consciously growing their experience in life.
UPDATE 4/30/13: I am not kidding these cards are not for the faint of heart. I do not use them as frequently as I used to, but the changes in my life have been significant and revealing as to what has been holding me back from an authentic life.