5.0 out of 5 stars The Meanwhile Adventure, September 22, 2004
This review is from: The Meanwhile Adventures (Hardcover)
The book arrived in the mail yesterday, My 9yr old son opened it at 330pm read until 10pm, read in the car to school and finished the book! He once again, laughed out loud, and could not put it down until done! Could not wait to go to school to share with all! Once again Mr. Doyle has a 9yr old boy over the moon about reading! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Who Are You?", March 7, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Meanwhile Adventures (Hardcover)
"Who are you?" "Batteries included." I hope you have time to read this book because you will never put it down.

The Meanwhile Adventures is a funny , but exciting story. This book takes you to a silly family that does some amusing things.

The message is that a funny family like this can be a little bit of trouble sometimes.

I think this book is one of the funniest stories Roddy Doyle has ever written.

4.0 out of 5 stars They loved her so much they knew exactly what she meant, July 11, 2008
This review is from: Meanwhile Adventures (Paperback)
Forget what I have to say, seeing as how I am far from being a kid. Let me tell you what my 8-yr-old hard-sell granddaughter had to say after I read her the first five sentences, "Really? It says that? Can I read it?"
Then, as she read, "This is great! I never read anything like this."
She carried that book with her, laughing, quoting from it, until she finished it the next day, then started over, more laughter, and then eagerly sharing it with her BFFs. Her review went something like this.
"This guy really knows that it is a kid reading the book..."
"How does he think this stuff up? I love the little girl, the one who can only say 'Who are you?' but everyone loves her so much they know exactly what she means, even if she means 'turn left after this corner'..."
And on and on. She will wear the print off the page with her eyes by the time she is finished with this book.
You can't ask much more from a book that a child love it and wants to share it and gets more from each reading (meaning they are reaching, it's not easy.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious., June 12, 2008
This review is from: Meanwhile Adventures (Paperback)
The Meanwhile Adventures is hilarious. My 10 year old son was getting a cramp and tears were rolling down our eyes with the nonsense and wit of this book. The author, who is Irish, suggests you read the glossary so you understand some of the local terms - do it! The definitions are a riot!!!!
You can picture Roddy sitting in front of you, animatedly telling the story - it's a hoot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids like this book, April 7, 2008
J & M's mom (Northville, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meanwhile Adventures (Paperback)
My 10 year old daughter, who HATES to read, enjoyed reading the "Meanwhile Adventures", "Rover Saves Christmas", and "The Giggle Treatment". My son, age 8, burned through them quickly too. They quote from the books. The humor is "different", but it is good for kids to read all types of books. Thanks R. Doyle! Write more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Worthwhile Purchase, January 13, 2008
This review is from: Meanwhile Adventures (Paperback)
I gave this book to my nine year old daughter for Christmas. She read it in two days and was thrilled to have gotten this as a gift.

The Meanwhile Adventures
The Meanwhile Adventures by Roddy Doyle (Hardcover - October 1, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.01