4.0 out of 5 stars I will remember it (I hope) as a very helpful book
Published on February 20, 2007 by Alan D. Roskam

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough depth
Published on June 17, 2007 by WWR

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough depth, June 17, 2007
This review is from: The Memory Doctor: Fun, Simple Techniques to Improve Memory and Boost Your Brain Power (Paperback)
There are some interesting facts in this book, but overall I found it to be somewhat superficial. It covers a little on how memory works, a little on techniques for remembering facts (relax, pay attention, and make a list), and quite a bit on herbs and medicines. I imagine it would probably be most useful for a student needing help with study techniques, but it wasn't very helpful to me -- looking for some techniques to fight absent-mindedness.

4.0 out of 5 stars I will remember it (I hope) as a very helpful book, February 20, 2007
The problem with books on memory is that it is hard to remember what they say well enough to put the suggestions into daily practice. This book goes a considerable distance in solving that problem by showing us that the most effective memory strategies come naturally to us as part of our everyday thinking abilities. By the end of the book the reader feels a certain liberation from the frustrations of the information age. It's a short and accessible book that is easy to refer back to as needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Path to Mental Fitness!, July 26, 2006
If you need to give your mind a little boost, then I highly recommend Dr. Mason! Before I read this book I was definitely in need of some mental stimulation - I was forgetting simple, day-to-day things and it was driving me crazy.

It was hard to face up to the fact that my memory just wasn't as good as it used to be, as I'm only in my 30's. Luckily this book managed to provide helpful information in an uplifting and entertaining way. I found the chapters on herbs and medicine to be particularly informative. One tip: in addition to Dr. Mason's book, I now use services like [...] which is more fun, simple and effective. I was able to spruce up my mental fitness and finally regain the memory I have always had. It is never too late - or too early - to start working out your brain, so you might as well have fun with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to read it again, August 8, 2006
I recenty saw Dr. Mason speak on memory and decided that I just had to get his newest book. Don't waste your money on any other memory book! His style is precise, clear and readable. Throughout he includes the latest empirical research on memory techniques, medications, herbs. He clearly educates on what memory really is and is not and how it works. Have seen book translated into multiple languages. I have recommended it to my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars To the point!, May 17, 2007
Good, basic and believable. Simple exercices and common sense approaches to improvement are the reasons to buy this book. It takes the approach to memory akin to a succesful diet plan - behavior modification that is sustainable and realistic. You will not develop super human powers reading this book but you will gain valuable tools to lessen the frequency of lost keys and lost memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective and a must have, March 16, 2005
If you buy only one self help book this year this is the one. Concise, updated and effective. This book educated me on how my memory works, helped me to tailor effective strategies and will serve as a future reference for vitamins, supplements and medications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, direct and user friendly, March 29, 2005
This book is a great resource for those concerned with memory problems. The idea of using the brain to create back up memory systems in unique and impressive. The techniques are realistic annd usable and do not contain the unreasistic militant approach where one must drop everything wlse intheri lives to work on memory. It works and it is fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun book!, March 26, 2005
This book is fun and informative at the same time. Simple but practical solution to help improve our memory. I found the section on herbs and medications that may affect our memory very interesting and helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Succinct and Informative, March 18, 2005
Well written, succinct and informative. This book circumnavagates the usual cumbersome and overwhelming approaches to memory improvement and makes it simple and fun. It is written in a way that allows you to read a page or two a day. I especially enjoyed the Memory Tips Chapter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good points, May 15, 2008
JaxBiz "JaxBiz" (Jacksonville , FL) - See all my reviews
This book has some good points and some helpful techniques, but they could have been summed up in an article rather than a book. I would say do not waste your time but the book is a one day read and may be helpful. The used prices are not bad either. I was looking for something with more content and would have definitely bought a different book.

Used & New from: $0.01