Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Mental Game of Baseball: A Guide to Peak Performance
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 10, 2011
I read the ABCs of Pitching and am a big fan of all his books. This is a great book that can be applied to both baseball and every day life. It could be titled the Mental Game of life. My 14 year old and I each have our own book and are reading this right now. If you want to go far in the sport of baseball his books are a must read!
on August 16, 2013
This book presents those aspects of the game that unfortunately are not included in the training of young players, from little league and up. It would be mandatory for coaches at all levels from L.L. to Legion and HS baseball, to at least be aware of many of these concepts. High School athletes should be directed to read it also.
on December 17, 1999
I have read this book in its entirety at least twice and found that it provides something that no other book on baseball fundamentals provides, and I have a library of books and videos on baseball. I believe this book has given me an ace in the hole over other coaches and recommend it highly. I refer back to it constantly to extract specific points to make during each practice. If you're serious about getting the most out of your team, this is an excellent resource.
on March 12, 2012
As a librarian and lifelong baseball fan, I was sceptical of the glowing reviews for this book I found on Amazon. I thought they had to have been written by friends and family because I'd never heard of Harvey Dorfman. After reading this book, though, I can see that they were all completely accurate.

Coming from the philosophy that Baseball is Life - I would go further to suggest that with some judicous editing, this book would give more practical advice on success that does such other titles as "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "Who Moved My Cheese?" and "The One Minute Manager." It would help you keep an even keel and look at the beauty of life with greater clarity than "Tuesdays with Morey." As it is, it's just a baseball book, but for those like Annie Savoy in the movie Bull Durham who believe in the Church of Baseball, this book is indeed very important.
on June 21, 2013
As Freshman baseball coach this is a must read for any player who truly want to be successful at the highest level! This book is a guide to getting to and staying at the top of your game! Should be in every elite players equipment bag.
on November 25, 2011
this book teaches the player how not to be their own worst enemy! Playing the game relaxed and in control lets the athlete enjoy the sport even more.
on April 30, 2008
I was a high school baseball coach and the first day of practice I brought this book. I told them I had read it every year before baseball season and it always seemed to help me. I had 6 of my players read this book and all of them agreed and had much better seasons that what I anticipated they would. Just like any self help book you have to have faith in it working but this book speaks for its self. With all of these positive reviews you can tell how many people it helped. I now coach football and have suggested this book to several players even thought it is not about football. I have read several books about sports psychology and self help type books. They are not my favorite and most of the time I found that they did not work for me but as a coach they were good to know for my players. This book did work for me and is the number one sports psychology book I have ever read. I highly recommend it.
on March 18, 2015
Highly recommend for players and coaches wanting to understand what it takes to put yourself/team in a position win.
on September 10, 2011
Great book highly recommend. It shows you how to approach the game of baseball and how to prepare yourself for a game , but the information not only applies to baseball but to other things as well. Great book.
on October 19, 2014
This book is a gem. My tennis games get to a new level thanks to it. Highly recommended!