5.0 out of 5 stars An unqualified YES!
Published on November 3, 2000 by Rick Belden

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about his idea of karma
The author talks bout Karma in this book and its honestly the silliest thing I have ever read. He says that IF someone screws you in one life, you will screw them over in another life time. For example, if someone hurt your leg that means in another life they MUST create a foot injury to you as well. Its just BEYOND silly and stupid. I couldn't believe I read that since...
Published 3 months ago by gorgeousbutterfly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An unqualified YES!, November 3, 2000
Rick Belden (austin, tx usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Michael Handbook: A Channeled System for Self Understanding (Paperback)
My response to the material presented in this book when I first encountered it in 1993 was an unqualified "YES!", and time has not diminished my enthusiasm. This is and was the only system that has ever resonated so deeply with me in terms of understanding why "things are the way they are", not only in my own life, but with regard to the human experience in general.
I found the model of the soul experience in the earth plane presented in this book to be intellectually coherent, spiritually satisfying, and emotionally comforting. The book also contains some interactive exercises that were remarkably accurate in helping me determine my own "spiritual profile" based upon the Michael model.
If you have nagging questions that you just can't resolve (e.g., Why is life so unfair? Why do bad things happen to good people?), or if you're just curious about why we're all here, you may find this book to be very enlightening. I sure did!
The book's one weakness: As another reviewer pointed out, the editing could have been a lot better. However, this is a minor issue and does not detract from the quality of the information presented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and fun, January 18, 2006
Goldberry (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I first read The Michael Handbook several years ago and have found it one of the most useful in my spiritual "meanderings". A description of this system was apparently first published by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, but has spread far and wide since (her publishing company doesn't seem too happy about that!). The book being channeled doesn't bother me--if you can't be open minded about sprituality, you should pick another subject. I like things spelled out clearly without a lot of double talk--the book does exactly that. The more you read, the more you learn about yourself and why you are the way you are. By the time you finish, you have a complete picture. This picture isn't an excuse, it's a starting point. You have to take it from there.

My only complaint would be the desktop publishing: I'm a copy editor and I'm sorely tempted to edit it and send it back to the publisher to fix. It doesn't seem like anyone proofread it.

5.0 out of 5 stars personality analysis as taught by a guardian spirit, April 20, 1997
By A Customer
This book, as advertized, was a lot of fun. Michael is a "Seth-like" guardian spirit known to various people in California, who combines the essences of ~1200 individual souls. He teaches a detailed system of basic soul forms that never change and "overlays" that we choose for each lifetime. There are seven elements in each of the many categories, and plenty of examples of living and historical figures who embody all the different traits. The book suffers somewhat from amateur editing, but I loved it nonetheless

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect introduction to the Michael system, October 10, 1999
By A Customer
This is an excellent book on the Michael teachings, which can serve both as a clear and manageable introduction to newcomers to the Michael information as well as a resource for those already familiar with the Michael system. The book may well have changed my life. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, to the point, and suprisingly acceptable, May 6, 1999
By A Customer
After being exposed to many religions and still not finding an answer, "The Michael Handbook" by Jose Stevens provided a very believable concept on why the human race exists and who we really are. Very down to earth and logical.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the stars, January 25, 2000
The most interesting book explaining why we're here and what we're supposed to do. The book is not easy to figure out but once you "get it" It's cool. This is one of those things that if you're meant to read this book and you've gotten this far, you'll probably read it. Explains why fat people are fat, why you marry the person you marry, have the job you have, why you as an individual think the way you think. Tells where we go when we eventually leave the planet. Does it make any dfference? I don't know. Frankly an old woman told me once, " forget all this stuff and just live your life." Maybe that's what it's all about after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Michael Teachings, October 7, 2008
Excellent! It simplifies the Michael concepts. Easy to read with illustrations. Since the material is so deep, this handbook allows the reader to study these principles in an organized and sequential manner. When reading the original books which are the words of the Michael entity, the concepts may be difficult to grasp, but with this new book it is so easy and the images are a big plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can change your life forever, February 8, 2014
This book is about a theory for living your life. I find that I read portions of this book over and over. It has definitely given me another way of looking at life and has helped me understand why things and people keep repeating in my life. This book will not be for every reader, but I encourage others to read this book with an open mind and embrace the portions that fill that niche in your life that keeps bugging you. Finally, this book has given me a peace of mind that I have been searching for but have never found before. I hope you can find the same qualities and answers for yourself that I found for my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, June 29, 2014
I have a few Michael books...this one by far is the most helpful at understanding the roles, goals, etc. Very easy to understand, cute little illustrations within, and written for the layperson to grasp. It is a good jumping off point.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Michael Handbook, November 9, 2009
I am amazed at the eye opening concepts that this book has put forth. I think its a good read for anyone interested in studying "The Soul".

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Michael Handbook: A Channeled System for Self Understanding
The Michael Handbook: A Channeled System for Self Understanding by Jose Stevens (Paperback - March 1, 1988)
$17.95 $13.46