4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, but needs more illustrations.
Published on November 1, 2006 by Deborah McGrane

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing actual text
Published on February 15, 2011 by Speciallyforyounovelties

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, but needs more illustrations., November 1, 2006
Deborah McGrane (Southeastern U.S.) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful book to page through. The pictures and techniques described are extremely inspiring. The only issue I have with the book is that it's very wordy in some places. I would like to see more pictures of each step, instead of paragraphs explaining what to do, with only the final product to look at. A very small quibble, though. This is an excellent book, and I definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book!, May 13, 2007
While I'm not a "crafter," I do enjoy some of the great items and techniques that many crafts offer. I bought this more in the hopes of finding a nice jumping off point for getting into some areas of crafting. I found that and MORE! This book has not only many different types of crafts, there are also several projects for each type that walk you through them, step-by-step. Additionally, there is discussion of different techniques and tools used in each of the crafts.

Lastly, the very best part of the book are the short photo galleries at the end of every chapter showing other projects that have been done using the techniques from the book. This is a fabulous resource for creative ideas!

While the book as a whole may be a a bit rudimentary for a regular crafter, if you are just getting started and want a great reference tool along with some well photographed inspiration... THIS is the book for you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing actual text, February 15, 2011
I was all hyped up to receive this HUGE book with so much in it. It wasn't anything near what I expected. More like what you'd get in a beginning of a class. "Today we will teach you all about how to ...." and a very min. beginning lesson with much of that missing as well. There were pictures of projects not even discussed within its pages. Glorified advertisement for Michael's maybe? Anyways I really was expecting much more then what I got. This book is a huge let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inspiration for Someone Looking, June 7, 2010
I picked this up at my local library because I needed some inspiration. I have been dabbling in crafting and needed some inspiration as to where to go next. I was not disappointed here!! There is page after page of fabulous ideas and as I turned the pages one night while sitting in bed, I even got my husband interested after I kept saying "I want to do that" after getting to each new section. There are definitely projects in here that are 'been there, done that', but overall, if you are looking for something new or just a little different, you are sure to find it here! I was also impressed that even though this book is written by Michael's, it was not pushing Michael's products. It even offered alternatives to purchasing new products at your local crafts store.

I do have to agree with one of the other reviews that said they wish there were more pictures. I think that pictures are a very important part of any crafts book, it shows the technique that is being described, and most crafters and creative types learn better visually. But, I also understand that this book is already huge and more pictures would have meant fewer techniques and projects, so it's a compromise that I accept.

I am now, sadly, having to return this book to my library, but will definitely be making the investment to have this book in my crafts room as a great reference and inspiration!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeaaaaahh, I'm the first one to write a review for this book !!!!!!!!, January 22, 2006
This is a solid book with great crafting ideas. It's ideal for someone who may want to learn a new craft. There are lots of ideas and instructions for a variety of crafting topics. There are also variations on the ideas that they give you. Some topics are candlemaking, soapmaking, mosaics, jewelry making and lots more. I'm a little surprised that currently Amazon is not offering the book at a cheaper price as that's why I usually buy my books on Amazon. But at least you get $25 worth of tips and ideas. Although my favorite crafts are scrapbooking, cross stitch, wreath making and home decor, I'm always looking for that something extra to learn about. This book is a great all around craft book. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Cool!, May 26, 2011
Ella Taylor (From All Over the Place) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Michaels Book of Arts & Crafts (Hardcover)
Great book with some awesome ideas! I used this to decorate my apartment, make holiday decorations, and create great gifts. I was really impressed by the wide variety of projects.

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A beginning crafters dream, November 11, 2009
R. Bryant (Amarillo, Tex, USA) - See all my reviews
I recommend this book for anyone that does crafts it has such a large selection of instructions for so many projects. Its the best book of basic instructions that I've ever purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
I endjoy doing crafts and this book has something for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Household Staple, April 21, 2014
This review is from: The Michaels Book of Arts & Crafts (Hardcover)
This book has it all. A must-have for anyone who has kids or is interested in crafts. If you wanted one craft book this would be the one ... a good starting point for any craft. The book is huge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas, Great Tutorials, March 6, 2014
This review is from: The Michaels Book of Arts & Crafts (Hardcover)
This book is full of great tutorials about the crafts being highlighted. The illlustrations are clear and the directions are very complete. I like many of the crafts, but I did not realize that the book is a little out dated. Some of the crafts have the appearance of a child's summer camp craft. But others are very nice and I will use the book to make some items. Overall, it is worth the money and I am glad to add it to my craft library.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Michaels Book of Arts & Crafts
The Michaels Book of Arts & Crafts by Dawn Cusick (Hardcover - September 1, 2003)
$24.95 $9.98