5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!
Look, these movies are not supposed to be academy award winners. I think 4 movies for around 5 dollars is a great deal. These movies are just plain fun for a weekend with your horror movie loving friends and you. Mine arrived fast, and I am happy.
Published 15 months ago by sweetpea

3.0 out of 5 stars Urban Legends
Okay, here we go. Midnight Horror Collection: Urban Legends. Actually, not as bad as these films' individual reviews here on Amazon and on IMDb swear by. They are B-movies, folks, and urban legends should always be taken with a grain of salt (and an ounce of vinegar).
Published on November 5, 2011 by Darrell A. Lane

3.0 out of 5 stars Urban Legends, November 5, 2011
Darrell A. Lane (Indianapolis, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Midnight Horror Collection: Urban Legends (DVD)
First up, Mr. Halloween: cheesy, slow and dorky, yes, sir, but the legend that the creepy guy that celebrates Halloween so ardently while local brats disappear plays out. The killer looked a bit like Edgar Allan Poe. The kids became props in his seasonal haunt, occasional thrills. Could have shaved off twenty minutes and thrown in some sexual tension or the girl could have lost some clothes, but I enjoyed it. It might work better with a younger cast like the R. L Stine movies Haunting Hour or Mostly Ghostly.
Second, Bloody Mary: the legend of Bloody Mary, sort of; this is the second film on this subject matter and I would still like to see it based on tweens spinning around and staring in the mirror (this is traditionally a tween legend); I saw this one some time ago, but it was nice to see it again.
Third, The Ridge: the legend of the Ridge Runner starts off way too slow and feels like an idiotic reality tv show with 20-something emo whiners complaining how bad their lives are; yeah, thirty thousand dollar autos, hot girlfriends and the folks paying your way through life...my heart bleeds purple pee for you. We don't actually see the Ridge Runner until about the 45min mark, but when we do we see a cool, iconic character; the blonde should have had a nude scene. Outside of the gratuitous Emosisity the big problem was that the film had a herky-jerkiness to it that suggested that it had been downloaded from a bitmap off of YouTube before being burned to disc; disappointing.
Fourth and final film, Wages of Sin: I'm not sure what legend this one is from; we have psychotic episodes, a haunted house, ghosts, an evil priest, cannabilism, possession and childhood trauma; this one suffers from too many ideas and uneven plot threads; we have two hot girls, a reasonably okay male lead and (curses!) another blasted Emo, this one looking as if he escaped a southern California beach. All in all, I enjoyed this collection, even considering the negatives.
Lover's Lane on DVD would be cool.
Now, if only we could get Hollywood off of its obsession with crybaby adult males...ugh...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, October 23, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars yawn, August 14, 2013
This review is from: The Midnight Horror Collection: Urban Legends (DVD)
Yawn. Horror movies filmed on a $300 Walmart camcorder. Not surprising from Echo Home Bridge Entertainment. They are all the "unsuspecting young people being killed one by one by a slasher/monster" type of horror movie. It features all the usual clichés: "what's that creepy sound in those dark bushes?...let me go check it out"; "oh my God, my cell phone is dead"; "hey, one of our friends is missing...despite the fact that I'm in danger of being killed, I am going to leave my secure hiding place to go look for him"; etc. Some of these movies feature shaky-cam. They all feature acting so bad you'll be shouting at your screen, "Just kill these idiots already!"

Check out the trailers for these movies and read the youtube comments. Then read the reviews and message board posts on imdb.com. After that, you can check out the amazon reviews for each individual movie. I am positive the reviews from people who have seen these movies is going to be so overwhelmingly bad you won't want to buy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good collection, December 6, 2012
This review is from: The Midnight Horror Collection: Urban Legends (DVD)
This is a good collection to have four horror movies for a good price not a bad deal at least I'M happy.

The Midnight Horror Collection: Urban Legends
The Midnight Horror Collection: Urban Legends by Four Feature Film (DVD - 2011)
$9.99 $5.98