Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 9, 2012
When I read a business book like this, I am NOT looking for the secret to success. I am reading to activate my mind. To think while reading. To apply while thinking. To just be open. The book gave me two ideas that generated revenue. It did not give me a step by step road map for me to travel, but I did not buy it for that. It has paid for itself a thousand times over (literally) with the ideas that came to me while reading it. That is how I use these types of books. Don't look for exact steps in any of these books, but clear your mind for the ideas thay may extract!
on April 16, 2011
I too received this book for free and I'm glad I didn't pay more than I did. There just wasn't enough depth of content or additional resources listed for me to put together actionable steps to become an expert and market myself. Even though the main focus of Tim Ferriss's book "The 4-Hour Work Week" is not the expert industry, nonetheless I think it's a much better resource for the topic. Ferriss not only introduces the idea of becoming an expert, but also lists tons of resources for taking steps to realizing your career and financial goals, which is exactly what "The Millionaire Messenger" is lacking. Brendon Burchard left me wondering whether he wrote the book with the purpose of driving people to his website so that he could sell them his bigger ticket items. I felt like he wanted only to introduce the expert career so that readers would be intrigued enough to pull out their wallets again. So in other words, if you want to pay to be advertised to, buy this book.
77 comments|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2013
Maybe I missed something with this book but I don't understand all the glowing reviews. It really came off to me as "look how great I am" as he name drops and tells the reader how much money people have been willing to pay him. For example on page 47: "I have been offered $500,000 to help a man I never met restructure his company, and I'm not an expert on structuring companies. A women offered me $2,000 a month to coach her through her divorce, despite the fact that I know nothing about divorce, divorce law or the emotional realities of going through that process..." On page 29: "Recently, I launched a new training program and made over $2 million in just ten days. That was a nice promotion." On page 31: "...So I raised my prices again. At some point, I was actually charging $5,000 an hour." This was to coach people. Page 36: "Today I can send out an email and make $100,000 very quickly. I regularly turn away clients who want to pay me $50,000 a year for coaching." There are more examples but you get my point.

I also found the example of Sally, one of his $25,000-per-year clients too simple and unrealistic. Sally wants to make a million dollars in the next twelve months. No problem. Even though no one knows Sally, just get 100 people to pay a $1,000 apiece for her seminar. She can make $357,840 a year just selling her DVD home study course. Etc, etc.

If the author made all this money, more power to him, but I found this book to be useless.
on November 13, 2011
I wanted to refresh my review after I reviewed all the content in this book, and the content from his Experts Academy program that he 'pushes' in this book. People may think they are separate, but they are connected. This book is essentially the pre-amble, and basic introduction and skeleton framework for his Expert Academy Program. It's a framework for information marketing. That's it.. you will not make millions from it. Infact, in this book he spends considerable effort to tell you that his results are not normal and goes on about a legal disclaimer to say this. It's odd how he spends time going over and over this. Honestly, it's just off-putting, and peculiar.

This book gives an outline of how to be an expert in your field. It follows the same approach as every other book, pamphlet, website, and information program with the same purpose. Become a credible expert by the faux-establishment of yourself as the subject matter expert. Does he endorse credibility via education, degrees, certifications or what not? -Of course not. So that's what the book is.. it's the means to how to become an expert.

This book essentially is the basic bottom product in his sales funnel for Brendan's product offerings. I have to be honest, .. as a management consultant, who deals with corporate clients NON-STOP, and have been for about over 15 years, I find his writing to be both amateur and bit patronizing. The stories he includes in his book such as his family situation about not having enough money just does not translate as being real nor genuine. His constant bragging of how much he makes is also a bit rich. Without doubt, i feel it's just there to impress you and to con you into buying this product.

Following reading this book I reviewed his Experts Academy content via a colleague who bought the program. Save your money - he just expands on this book in an insincere way, and to be honest, listening to his voice angers me, because any really intelligent person knows he is truly there to make you think you'll hit it rich. Is there an audience for this product? Absolutely. Are there people who will purchase this book and think it is a message from God on how to roll in money - absolutely. There are also people who believe in Ghosts and those who will buy anything in desperation to make money.

My review is poor because I do not believe the stories in his book, and the forecasts for his fictional character 'sally' and the speculative profits she can make are extremely over-hyped, rosy, and not realistic. Sorry, I don't believe the author, I find him insincere, and a bit of a joke. That being said, I will say i am sure that i am not his audience. I was hoping I would be, but i spent most of this time rolling my eyes.
2323 comments|188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2011
I'm a big fan of Brendon's work especially his videos. He always goes above and beyond when it comes to delievering GREAT content but I feel this book is mainly for beginners. If you are new to this industry then this book will help you become clear on what your message is, how and what products to create and what it takes to become successful in the expert industry. If you already have a book, website, and gotten some speaking gigs like I have then I would recommend getting brendon's elite training program or going to
his experts academy's blog where he teaches how to market yourself as a speaker, coach, author, etc.

This book lacks the "how" when it comes to marketing yourself and for someone like myself I want to know how to market, who do I contact and how do I get their information so I can contact them like he explains in his genius "Campaign Cannon" for speakers which I have had some success with. All in and all I think this book is great for beginners and honestly if this book was out when I was just begining and I had read it I would be giving it five stars but I can't honestly do that. That's not to say that experienced experts can't learn a few things here and there but I honestly feel this book wouldn't benefit an experienced expert.
44 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2011
Having gone through some of Brendan's work in the past, I was disappointed with this release. It lacked the meat that he is known for and felt like it was intentional, due to his updated push for people to attend his bootcamps.
on June 3, 2011
I can't understand how people find anything Brendon Burchard says to be worthwhile. He's a hustler making big promises, and in my opinion, his main source of income is hustling people. I attended one of his seminars and asked for a refund because I write proposals for a living, and I can assure you that the proposals he presented were a joke. They didn't even have budgets. For some reason, I am still on his mailing list and recieved this book, which I quickly reviewed. If you've never heard of creating a product funnel, this may be of interest to you. However, this book lacks substance. So, buyer beware!
66 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2011
I hate leaving really negative reviews but this book deserves it. It was recommended to me by a client who is a professional speaker. I was expecting some new ideas and revelations about marketing for subject matter experts but the book did not deliver. It was one big sales pitch for her membership club that costs thousands of dollars. There is no marketing insight into this book. Don't waste your time.
on August 18, 2011
If you know nothing about creating a service oriented product to sell online and amass your own personal fortune... pass on this book/audio product.

Brendon first 2 cd's are self aggrandizing in order to prove to you that what he has achieved you can too. He's hanging that carrot (financial success and personal freedom) in front of your nose, and the stick is, if you really want to learn how to do what he has done you need to sign up and pay a lot more money then the $19.95 you may have shelled out for this product.

A lot more money. That is how any of these 'self appointed' gurus really make there money. It isn't easy, it isn't fast and very few ever make the grade.

There are many other books and products where you will learn what you really need to know in order to succeed online.

May I suggest researching Neuro Linguistic Programming. This is the basic course that all of these successful online marketers and coaches have taken to get where they are today. There is a lot of free information on NLP on YouTube.

Have fun and good luck!
on May 6, 2011
If you have been thinking about writing an information product this could be the book for you. You can read the written review and watch my video. The author doesn't guarantee you'll be a millionaire but does believe you'll pick up good ideas for creating and selling advice products. Be sure to turn up your speakers.

I was given The Millionaire Messenger, Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice by Brendon Burchard as a gift and really didn't know what to expect. Frankly, it sounded like a bunch of "hype" to me. Really, making a fortune by sharing advice? I realize that there are some motivational speakers, self-development gurus, and financial advisors who have written best selling books and seminars, so there is definitely money to be made sharing advice.

My philosophy is that if you read a book and come away with at least one "pearl of wisdom," it was well worth your time and effort. Honestly, I came away with more than one idea and renewed enthusiasm for creating some new informational products.

Here are some of tips I've learned about making a difference and a fortune sharing advice:

1. We all have a million dollar message inside of us to share - our life's lessons, challenges we have overcome, skills acquired over the years, etc.

2. Let me share a passage, "The best way to find your area of expertise is to ask yourself, "What is it that people are always asking me how I do?" or "What are the questions people always seem to be asking when they deal with the subject of ________?"

3. Chapter Five spells out 10 Steps To An Expert Empire. This chapter is filled with precise how to steps for creating your informational products, finding your audience and promoting your product. Basically this is a blueprint for developing and selling successful products.

4. To me, the greatest value of The Millionaire Messenger is that it gives you the self-confidence to develop your own informational products.

5. Chapter Seven covers "The Millionaire Mindset." The author shares how to develop four powerful success-oriented beliefs. Those who have become a millionaire sharing advice are driven to both make a difference and build a business.

My recommendation: If you are considering writing a how-to book or developing informational products, this book could spark new ideas and also give you some practical business-building tips.

Remember, the author does not make promises that you will become a millionaire. But, in The Millionaire Messenger - Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice, Brendon Burchard does share his experiences and has included the experiences and stories of other successful entrepreneurs.