Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Millionaire's Handbook: How to Look and Act like a Millionaire, Even if You're Not
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 6, 2012
Got this instantly via Kindle, so no complaints there. Love, love, love the book! (except for minor spellings here and there) I'm a huge fan of self-help/finance books and I loved reading The Millionaire Next Door, Automatic Millionaire, Tightwad Gazette, Dress for Success and now this. I know, I know, most of those books espouse not keeping up with the Joneses to save your money, but truth be told, as outlined in Dress for Success and this book, appearance matters, especially in the workplace. I've always admired a couple of my friends who were stewardesses for prestigious international airlines--they always seemed so perfectly turned out wherever they went, and wished I could have received whatever training that they did. Now, I think with this book, I too can look as polished as they do. This book is like a fashion/manners/career/finance class all in one--I even like it more than Secrets of Style, Stylist type handbooks. Just within the week while reading it, I've consciously incorporated many tips and look much better at work. (It doesn't hurt to try all the tricks to look the slimmest, tallest I can, ha!). Ordered all my posh catalogs to educate myself but will stick true to my budget and get my fashionable clothes and shoes elsewhere on deep discounts :-). But, will probably splurge some on a good watch, sunglasses and a brand name bag....
on October 18, 2012
I have to admit I was quite disappointed with the content. I was looking for a more serious book similiar to John Malloy's Dress for Success, but instead I wound up with a book full of flippancy and plenty of inaccuracies. I do not recommend this book for anyone who is seriously interested in looking more affluent.
on October 31, 2013
The cover is great...looks like a millionaire's little handbook. OK, so it's not a serious subject, just meant to be interesting and fun. My complaint so far is what the author says a millionaire wannabe needs to spend to achieve the look of status. She says, rather than buy four $500.00 suits, buy one $2,000 suit. Included in my circle are some affluent people, and none of them would spend that kind of money on one fabulous business suit, especially in today's more casual environments. Everything in the clothing section of this book is extravagant. In order to look like a millionaire, you first have to be one in order to purchase the key items. Another point, repeating, perhaps if you are an attorney in Manhattan, this type of clothing may fit in, but having been in outside sales for years in San Francisco, wearing a $2K Armani suit is rather passe', don't you think? Though, I admit I still love anything Armani. I confess, I have not given this book my full attention, since I'm still trying to comprehend that looking rich means you have to spend your child's college tuition on a suit.
on January 3, 2013
I bought this book hoping to get a few pointers and insider secrets on the millionaire lifestyle. I like the finer things in life but don't like the high price tag so I thought this book would have some great info. I also hoped it would have a few tips on socializing among the uber wealthy, which is a situation I find myself in on occasion. Wrong. It's more of a joke book, not really to be taken seriously. I no longer own it, as I donated it to Goodwill the last time they came by.
on January 31, 2013
I bought this book for my daughter who recently graduated from college, but read it before wrapping the present. There are some good ideas in the book about what clothing to spend money on and what not to, but there were also some areas that seemed geared towards landing a wealthy husband that I didn't care for.

Overall a good book for those starting out in the world.
on March 2, 2012
The title can be Deceiving. It really doesn't tell you much. Nothing that you can't pick up on any magazine. I was dissappointed, because I thought it would really give you insite and it didn't. You still have to spend a lot of money just to hang out with the Millionaires. ;-(
on May 2, 2013
This book is an entertaining compilation of social and style tips. Vicky provides advice from shopping to dressing to interacting with millionaires (and billionaires). Don't we all jut want to blend in? The wealthy have accumulated wealth because they spend their money carefully - they do not waste it.
on March 15, 2013
Written by a self-avowed outsider, this book is about conforming to blend in with a wealthy crowd by dressing the part (buy the $2000 suit and wear it all the time rather than purchase four $500 suits), losing a regional accent (by imitating newscasters), and following standard health advice for good skin and hair. The general tone is to not rock the boat and fit it. She humorously encourages the reader to develop an unusual hobby and harmless eccentricities.The author is witty and wry. The book is nicely produced with flexible, faux leather binding and thick pages.
on April 16, 2012
This book has interesting suggestions for making yourself appear more wealthy than you are through your clothes, branding, hobbies, knowledge, etc. Following the author's suggestions will improve your perceived self worth but it will not make you into a millionaire. Spending money on these things will more likely prevent you from working hard and saving enough money to become a millionaire.
on August 21, 2012
I bought this book for relaxing and interesting reading and it easily met those objectives. If a person comes from a professional background, there isn't much new ground to learn. However, if one doesn't come from such a background and wants to move up in the world, whether you ever become a millionaire or not, you may learn a lot of valuable advice. I would recommend this book as a relaxing and interesting read.