5.0 out of 5 stars Picks Up Where the Others Leave Off!
This is simply an awesome book which goes beyond "theory" and provides the tools to apply the knowledge which books like The Secret and others in the genre fall short of offering.

Published on January 19, 2012 by MetaMs

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree...many 5 star reviews have to be bogus.
I purchased this book because the ratings were very good. I REALLY tried to get into this book but it just came across like nothing more than a fluff job. I wondered if there was something wrong with me because of all of the positive reviews.

Published 9 months ago by Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Picks Up Where the Others Leave Off!, January 19, 2012
MetaMs "Reader and Dog Lover" (Cocoa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mind-Made Prison: Radical Self Help and Personal Transformation (Kindle Edition)

If you have a problem BELIEVING that what you're affirming for yourself is TRUE, you most likely have an old "rule" or belief that is contradicting your current claim. This will stop your progress like a brick wall. You have to believe (feel) what you're saying to make it work.

Mostly, we aren't aware of our rules, so they operate in the background and thwart us. Like an old operating system that we're trying to run new apps on.

Since WE MADE the rules, or perhaps just accepted them from someone else, we can become aware of them, examine them and then change them so they SUPPORT our claims instead of holding us back.

If this is something you struggle with, I highly recommend this book. I've read them all, and this one truly has something to offer. This young man will go far in life!

5.0 out of 5 stars The hidden gem, January 22, 2012
The best ever self help book I have ever read and I have read many of them and most of them very quite costly comapre to this one !!!
I normally don't write reviews but this book deserve 5 stars so I decided to break my own rule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Advice, April 8, 2012
"The Man-Made Prison" addresses an important issue for anyone, but perhaps more so for those who aspire for something more out of life than just the status quo. People that want to be artists, or writers, or, people who wish to build their own path in life.

I like the fact that the author identifies why most people do not break away from a life of low expectations. In today's materialistic society, it's all too easy to fall into step with everyone else that we know, and to conclude that the only way to happiness is through wealth and fame.

But that doesn't lead to a lasting source of happiness.

As author Mateo Tabatabai eloquently points out, there is no one else in the world who can tell you the way to happiness, you must find it for yourself by listening to that still, small voice that comes from within.

As Tabatabai says, "In a world where the majority of people are asleep, it is simply irresponsible to look to others for instructions on how to live your life. Sure, you should listen to as many people as you can, but in the end it is up to you and you alone to make the decisions that are best for you."

I like, and recommend, "The Mind-Made Prison" because it is replete with insightful explanations, useful exercises, and motivational quotes, all designed to point you the way for you to find you own unique path to happiness.

This is a book you can read now, and refer back to again when you need some "attitude adjustment" in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree...many 5 star reviews have to be bogus., January 1, 2014
This review is from: The Mind-Made Prison (Paperback)

After several attempts to get through it I had my Wife give it a try. After the first couple of chapters she agreed that it was junk. Just for the sake of argument I decided to have my supervisor at work give it a gander. He also agreed that it was poorly written crap that went absolutely no where.

I decided to go back and study the reviews a little closer. After doing this I honestly believe that many of them are fake. In the future when buying books that are from unknown authors I will be sure to examine the reviews much more closely.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book that can truly be life-changing, February 15, 2013
This book is well worth its price. I can say without any exaggeration at all that it has the power to change lives for the better.

And I know whereof I speak. I myself have been an avid student, and occasional teacher, of self-improvement techniques for over 35 years - longer than the author has lived. But I do not say this with arrogance: Mr. Tabatabai displays great knowledge, and above all, wisdom well beyond his years. The techniques he gives in this book DO work (I have used them myself for many years); his analysis of beliefs, and how they work, will perhaps not seem sufficient to the trained philosopher, but on a practical level they can indeed lead to great leaps in improving the quality of your life.

The author goes into a theory of beliefs, and how they shape us, that is quite adequate for his purpose. And this purpose is - make no mistake about it - altruistic. Mr. Tabatabai shows on almost every page a sincere desire to help other people overcome their barriers, and open themselves up to fully realizing themselves as individuals.

I realize that in this age of materialistic dogma, which would have us believe that we are but mere machines, and are at the total mercy of a hostile environment, some of the ideas expressed in the book may seem both naïve and nonsensical. Yet if such a materialist were to take the time to actually try out some of the techniques presented here, he might well end up astounded to see that yes, they do work!

If your mindset is, on the other hand, more of the "mind over matter" variety, you will instinctively be more open to this way of thinking, and will be able to benefit all the more easily from it.

And this book is all about that: how you can benefit from what it teaches.

The book is not short; it gives as much explanation for each subject as is necessary (yet without unnecessary verbosity.) I guarantee you that it is an EXCELLENT purchase.

One might have hoped that the author had mentioned his sources by name: from whom he has acquired these techniques, and this knowledge of how to bring about change: elements of NLP, and the teachings of Tony Robbins, Napoleon Hill, and even more metaphysical sources, such as the "Seth" series, may well be present.

No matter: this knowledge is so important that it should be repeated again and again, by as many authors as possible, not only because of its supreme importance, but also because each author will present it from a slightly different angle; thus, reading a number of books on this topic can only be beneficial.

Need I add that it deserves 5 stars? Buy this book, read it, and above all, TRY OUT some of the techniques it teaches, and you will find that your life will be changing for the better before you know it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, has given me the power to control my life!!!, January 18, 2012
This is an awesome book, it has changed my whole perspective on life and made me realize that I have the power to choose whatever feeling I want to have in any given situation. I have read a lot of self-help and spiritual books along the years and I have no doubt in mind that this is one of the best books I have read. If I could recommend one book that is a must have, then the Mind-Made Prison is definitely the one to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mateo Tabatabai Shows How To Unlock The Prison In Your Mind, May 22, 2012
For so many of us we might think that success is something designed for a select few, not for us. When it comes to what is possible, author Mateo Tabatabai shows us that all of us are capable of greatness. All we have to do is give ourselves the freedom needed to pursue it.

In THE MIND-MADE PRISON Mateo doesn't give us the keys to unlocking our potential. He reminds us that we already have the keys, we just have to know where to look at that it's okay to use them.

This book will help the reader take another look at themselves and their circumstances and truly appreciate the opportunities that they have. It will also give you the courage to live your life with purpose and power, knowing that each moment that you are here is an opportunity for greatness to occur.

As more people learn about Mateo and what he shares both in his book and in his video messages they will appreciate not only the gift he has of inspiring others but the way he shows us that our lives really do matter.

Written in a way that people of all walks of life can appreciate and understand, THE MIND-MADE PRISON is the tool you will need to set yourself and your endless possibilities free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very positive, September 17, 2013
I dislike writing reviews. I never seem to say the right things to help someone else make up their minds to get a book or not. For me, it's only a few things that make me enjoy a book. One-I like the writers style making it fun or comfortable to read. Two- I actually got something positive from reading, ie. Learned something, Three- I just get the feeling "it was worth my time to read it and I'm glad I did", when I've finished a book.. THIS book scored on all 3 for me

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind-Made help!, October 21, 2012
Mind-Made Prison has some practical, down-to-earth ideas along with some startling revelations. It is a bit tortuous to get to the point, but quite helpful once it does. A thought-provoking read that will expand your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome self esteem and self improvement book, September 18, 2013
I bought this book because of all the positive reviews. I must say that I was very positively surprised. I have wanted to improve my self esteem for a long time now and it just seemed like I couldn't find the blocks that were holding me back, but reading the mind made prison was such an eye opener for me.

It allowed me to see all the ways in which I was stopping myself from moving forward in life and how the limiting beliefs I had were a way for me to limit my self improvement process. At times it was like the author had spent time inside my brain, because he could just pinpoint some of the Defensive patterns we use so accurately. I can recommend this book to anyone interested in self improvement and self esteem.