Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Mind Siege Project
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2002
I read the Mind Siege Project and thought it was incredible!!...I found it very realistic. The way Bob DeMoss and Tim LaHaye portray how people have problems with others who are differnt opened my eyes to all of the wickedness in this world. ...I enjoyed it very much. I would definetly recomend this book and the other two books in the Soul Survivor Series for any teen and adult! It's a great gift!...
on November 13, 2005
In proclaiming truth, Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias has suggested that the principles and concepts postulated on the level of more formalized expressions of thought must often be exhibited in a more literary or artistic manner in order to permeate the broader popular culture. Tim LaHaye attempts to accomplish this by taking the ideas he first elaborated in "Mind Siege: The Battle For Truth" and translating them into the novel "The Mind Siege Project".

In "The Mind Siege Project", a group of high school social studies students set on a boat trip on the Chesapeake Bay for a lesson in diversity and moral relativism. The class ends up learning that these ideas have dire consequences not considered in the more sedate setting of academic discussion.

Readers will be both amused and irritated at the hypocritical nature of contemporary understandings of tolerance as exposed by LaHaye and coauthor Bob Demoss. The shortcomings of this widespread ideology are laid bare in the group sessions where the facilitator sponsoring the field trip in the name of diversity upholds the rights of the individual when it comes to abortion but flat-out tells a student whose missionary parents were murdered overseas that they more or less got what they deserved.

The incoherence of the relativistic lifestyle is further brought home when a student is critically injured when she decides she is her own determinant of right and wrong by violating specific rules of safety set down ironically by the very teacher postulating rules do not exist.

Unlike LaHaye's other literary undertakings such as Left Behind that deal with grand cosmic events pertaining to the end of the world over which the average person has little impact whatsoever one way or the other, "The Mind Siege Project" provides insight into the many mindsets and perspectives one is likely to encounter in an academic setting or the workplace. Furthermore, LaHaye and Demoss are to be commended for their sympathetic portrayal of the spiritual struggle the Christian faces in walking the line between desiring the acceptance of one's peers and the obligation to take a stand for the Lord without regard for the impact upon one's own popularity for doing so.

However, the authors do go overboard in this tale of adventure set on the high seas in insinuating it is somehow a Christian's obligation to donate bodily organs to people little more than strangers or at best mere acquaintances. Such is not really a moral claim one can propagate as an ethical imperative to impose upon the remainder of the Christian community unless one has, shall we say, already given of themselves in this manner. How many kidneys have you given away, Dr. LaHaye?

From "The Mind Siege Project", readers will take away the lesson that not everyone is always as they appear to be and that it's not always the quiet people you have to be leery of.

by Frederick Meekins
on March 19, 2013
I have read many of Tim LaHaye books and this is just another great READING and the different writers he has partnered with has helped to increase the excitement of the stories..keep them coming.....
on March 9, 2004
I thought the book was a very good story of the battles teens have with others who live thier lives differently than them. It shows you must stand up for what you believe in. That the love of Jesus can change any life, as long as you pray and listen to what God is telling you. I found the battle between "Good and Evil" interesting. It teaches that we can all work together, and over come these battles even if our lives are completly opposite of each other. I enjoyed the suspence, it keeped me wanting to read. I would recommend this book to any teen who likes suspence, and a good mystery novel. I enjoyed this book. Good Job Tim LaHaye and Bob Demoss!
on April 5, 2002
I have to admit that although I'm 20, I found this book just as if not more interesting as the Left Behind books. First of all, the writer gets to the point a lot faster and the message of compassion is clear and the ending also has a twist. I'd recommend this book for pre-teens and teenagers that like Christian-based fiction.
on April 12, 2002
Although I think this book was probably meant for teens, I am 22 and loved it. I read it in one day and it really kept my attention. There are messages that high schoolers and middle schoolers need to hear, as well as scenarios they can relate to.
on August 1, 2002
This book does a great job of bringing in view, issues of tolerance and morality, that really get u thinking. I am a teenager who was first attracted to this book by the cover art. I then noticed who the book was written by and had to buy it. I'm glad I did! The book is about eight teens who go on some kind of diversity experiment on a houseboat over spring break. They're teacher Mrs. Meyer, is a real person who believes in tolerance and that everyone has their chance to voice their opinion. The teens have daily sessions to discuss real life issues of tolerance and truths. The group concludes that real truth is whatever you want it to be and that anything intolerant to your rights is okay because it`s your own truth. Amongst all this, Jodi, a Christian tries to stand up for her faith by bringing issues of morality and how the Bible clearly states right and wrong... The only thing disappointing in this book was that it didn't really rap up the end for the other characters. I wanted to know what the others characters would end up doing. This books was still great. Probably one of the best I've ever read and Tim LaHaye and Bob Demoss bring a great thriller to teens and adults. The whole issue of tolerance, morality, right and wrong, really got me thinking!
on January 5, 2013
It was a really good read. I would say directed more toward teenagers. A great tool to use to show unbelievers how believers think, pray, react, etc. in several different exciting situations.
on January 30, 2013
As with the others in the series, a must read for your teenager or pre-teen. This shows kids interacting as kids, yet having faith.
on May 6, 2004
This book is about a small group of students who head out on a house boat for an extra credit assignment. This book is very similar to The Veritas Conflict by Shaunti Feldhahn; the struggle of a believer amongst a group who think absolute right and wrong is a fantasy.
Heather Barnes and Jodi Adams struggle with the "tolerance" project, set up by Social Studies teacher Rosie Meyer. This book has some good twist and turns, a little bit of suspense when we are pulled inside the mind of an unstable guest on the house boat, and a lot of good dialogue.
My one complaint about the book is it is too short. I think it needed another hundred pages.
God Bless!