Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on January 13, 2012
I had the privilege of reading The 7 Minute Solution over the holidays and let me tell you that it's INCREDIBLE!!! I'm an entrepreneur with a 3 year old who "works" here with me in my home office :) I have a growing, demanding business and a growing, demanding baby all in the same space! Needless to say things can get crazy fast!

I hadn't finished the first chapter of The 7 Minute Solution before I realized just how powerful Allyson's message is truly going to be for me and for a lot of other business owners and mompreneurs. Before the 2nd chapter ended I was already rearranging the way I would do business in 2012 and feeling better about the direction I'm taking personally and professionally. By the end of Chapter 3, I was in a frenzy to tell everyone I know about The 7 Minute Solution! And at that point I hadn't even touched on all the great tools and resources the book offers!

The 7 Minute Solution is life changing! I'll never again be able to look at my neat little To Do lists in quite the same way and I'll never want to!!

I can tell The 7 Minute Solution was built with much love and attention to detail by people who are truly experts in their fields!

Thank you, Allyson, for helping me to open my eyes and begin creating the MORE life I was too busy to even dream about before!!
on June 11, 2013
I originally checked out her first book from the library, and it was so right for me that I had to get this book and the planner. Some of the suggestions are so "common sense" that you can't believe you hadn't figured it out for yourself ages ago. Putting them into practice just slips easily into your day. Other pieces of this puzzle, like figuring out what really is important to you and how to live your life to include those pieces, clicked so strongly I sometimes had to set the book down because I had to wrap my head around the idea that somebody had put into words just what I have tried to say for so long.
This is one of the most practical self-help books I've ever read and I've read a lot of them. Besides its practical usefulness I also found it to be quite inspiring in places. I'm not sure what more you could as for in a book of this genre.

There is nothing revolutionary in the ideas in this book. I've run across most of them in one form or another before. However, they are are collected in an extremely organized manner and presented as "7 Vital Signs" - awareness, motivation, growth, engagement, perseverance, flow, and faith. The book is chock full of step-by-step approaches with a web-site where you can download all the tools.

The material is fairly broad but is not focused on time-management techniques per se. It's more about purpose, meaning, and priorities. The author repeatedly emphasizes doing what matters most, priorities, as opposed to "getting everything done".

Two thumbs way up and very highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2012
This is one of the best books I have read on the role of neuroplasticty (the ability of the brain to change itself) and how it can lead to success. Lewis writes clearly and without a lot of the empty motivational garbage that other atuhors espouse. Her advice is based on solid brain science and she provides a practical method for taking advantage of neuroplasticity. Her method basically boils down to taking what she calls micro-actions, or small, daily steps and actions that will move you slowly but surely, and eventually with significant momentum, to your desired state. She does strongly advise that the process begin with identifying your purpose and then moving forward from there. I don't know why, but I alwaws find this to be a nebulous effort. Nonetheless, the more concrete applications should provide significant results. What I also like about Lewis' approach is that other areas of advice that do not come directly or originally from her are also backed up by the solid work of others: David Allen on completing to do lists, for example. Again, this book is replete with solid advice and presented in an easy to read style and structure. Highly recommended for anyone interested in taking advantage of neuroplascticity for better life outcomes.
on January 1, 2012
This book is an amazing, fast read, that will leave you with such valuable life lessons, you'll find yourself thinking of the different points featured in the book, throughout your day. Allyson Lewis writes so beautifully, insightfully, and personally, that I felt an immediate connection with this book. I say its a fast read, only because I didn't want to put it down! For someone like me who is so busy, with never enough time, this book has helped me see the bigger picture and really evaluate the priorities I have, not only in my daily tasks, but what I want most of all out of life. This book gave me many "Aha!" moments, and because of it I'm excited about life again, because I'm viewing it in an easier, more manageable way. I can have the MORE life I always wanted, and because of The 7 Minute Solution: Creating a Life With Meaning 7 Minutes at a Time, I know how to get it.
on January 2, 2012
A few weeks ago Melinda Emerson, @SmallBizLady, introduced someone I had never heard of as "Another Arkansan you'll want to know" and told me the author's name was Allyson Lewis. I agreed to a phone call over coffee to discuss her roots, we shared a similar upbringing, etc. Just a shared cup of coffee was the plan, little did I know how important that call would be to my life. To make a long story short, Allyson's book The 7 Minute Solution has simply made such an impression on me that I credit it for redirecting the life my husband Les and I will live from this point forward. A superachiever, Allyson knows the reality of being an author, speaker, business owner, wife, mother, and community member. Her pragmatic redirection of our focus from time efficiency of the 2000's to time and life management of today is important. Focusing in 7 minute periods, Allyson coaxes, encourages, and educates her readers that life can change in an instant and it's important to choose wisely the life you lead. Practical, doable, and laced with "YES!" moments as I read, and continue to re-read, I believe this book will change lives. It has already changed mine, and the people I engage with in business. Bravo to Allyson and her team for an exciting, engaging, empowering experience! Don't forget you can download the free Member tools too...they were just an amazing gift during the holidays! Can't wait to use them daily!
on June 13, 2013
Since having a stroke, I'm learning more about how to re-establish connections in my brain. I lost my sense of calendaring and time. now trying to regain this understanding and use. Allyson's 7 minute guides help.
on February 26, 2013
I needed help with balance and focus in my life. This book is full of practical, simple tools to help anyone become more organized and more in touch with the things that really matter. The payoffs thus far, have been enormous! I highly recommend this book!
on January 7, 2014
Works well for me. Simple baby steps to gaining control of an impossible schedule. Tracking 3 jobs, a husband who is ill and managing finances with no time to spare. Works very well for me. Thanks Ms Lewis
on December 20, 2014
Wow! Did not even get to the end of this book and have made some changes getting stuff done already. I HIGHLY recommend this book to those who really want to make some changes in their life! There are some scenarios/sayings that have really stuck with me! I plan on starting with the planner on January 1! I will be ordering more of these books to give to loved ones. If followed, this book could be a life changer to those reading it!