Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 27, 2012
I read the Steve Jobs autobiography and was curious why he would fast throughout his life. So I decided to try my own fast and after 2 days with no food, I needed some inspiration to keep going. I found this book and bought it for my Kindle app on my iPhone. It was the best thing I have done for myself. Very detailed book describes the reasons one fasts and what happens during a fast. I ate the typical american diet and knowing what I know now, that diet is poisonous, and fasting is the only way to remove those poisons. So for my first ever fast, I was able to go 21 consecutive days drinking only water, shed 30 lbs, and felt amazing, although a bit skeletal looking. It was indeed a miracle. Though I know I probably could have gone longer, I was feeling outside pressure to end it sooner. Don't let the discomforts throughout the fasting process discourage you from achieving the end result, which is a more purified body and a much better well being, along with all the other great "side effects" the book talks about. Don't tell your friends you are fasting, no one truly understands what fasting can do for your body, you will only get discouraging words from others who have never fasted and no nothing about it. Fasting is now a part of my life for good. The Bragg series of books are now on my radar and will purchase all of them.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2014
Generally, the Braggs give an interesting exposition regarding the virtues of fasting, but to get it you have to wade through never-ending marketing for their other books, their workshops, their courses, their apple cider vinegar, etc., etc. The book would be half the size and twice as readable without all that. As it is, a worthy read, but you have been warned.
on February 2, 2014
Although the ideas of fasting seem quite sound, and worth to try, the book is very annoying, is like seeing a TV commercial, it's laden with mini-stories of different people that have tried that, not a chapter passes without encountering phrases that promotes "Bragg Healthy Lifestyle" as though fasting is patented by Bragg, every chapter is virtually the same thing, the same tape played over and over again with few variations, the whole stuff could be put in 1-3 chapters. Another matter is that Bragg seemed to had lied about some aspects of his life, including his age, thus raising some questions about trusting the book content anyway... I'm not saying do not read this, but it is going to be annoying. Definitely I must try fasting, because it seems sound, yet I'm going to search another books to better document myself about the matter.
on October 3, 2014
The author's style is verbose. He gives no research backup for what he says. He advertises his own products ad nauseum. He blathers on repeating himself over and over.
This is the first time I have been moved to review a book. No. Don't waste your money or your time
on September 10, 2013
Includes info on much more than fasting. Also encompasses topics on how the body works and how to reverse the destruction we inflict on ourselves through overeating, poor diet, stress, poor sleep habits, inactivity, etc...
on March 23, 2014
The Braggs have been pioneers in the holistic health movement for years and I value their opinion, but they are not great writers. This book is informative, but not well organized. You can open it to almost any page and get the gist of their discussion in just a page or two. It lacks a well-reasoned medical discussion of fasting and includes descriptions of practices that are far beyond the capabilities of most workaday people.

Still, I value the Braggs' opinions and thought the book was worth reading for the price.
on November 29, 2013
This is great book on fasting for your health. I have fasted many times before reading this book, it brings out tips and instructions that will be helpful if you will take them and practice on what is given have a open mind and read it through then go on a fast and see how much better you will feel and to improve your health. It will give your body time to clean out that what is bad and unhealthy for your health and add health and better feeling and longer life plus allow your body to heal itself .
on January 4, 2016
This is an older book but it is very good. You can skip over any out of date items. It covers fasting very well, but also covers many other health subjects in detail. I use Bragg's apple cider vinegar every day. This book has a lot to say about it and how to take it. It is a feel good book.
on September 23, 2013
This book opened my eyes to the benefits of fasting and made me more enthusiastic about leading a healthy lifestyle. It made me more aware of the dangers of an unhealthy lifestyle and the pleasure a healthy lifestyle brings. Lots of references included so you can further your growth. I definitely recommend this book.
on May 28, 2014
Reading this book with the understanding that you, as a person, could use the ideas and concepts contained within is a way to change your life. I'm older (70), overweight (300 +) and have had both hips replaced, and left knee this year. I am going through spinal decompression AGAIN, because of a bulging disc at L4,5&6.in other words I'm a mess. I'm starting my weekly fast this week and expect everything to start changing for me in the next 3-6 months.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse