5.0 out of 5 stars Third of Eleven Sister Mary Helen Mysteries
After two Sister Mary Helen mysteries, the third is found to be a tiny bit grisley with an edgy scene with Sister in danger. The story was somewhat more tedious than the first two, but overall very enjoyable and highly recommended for those who enjoy light mysteries.
Published 9 months ago by W. Christmann

3.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected--a little light reading
Published on October 12, 2005 by Robin Gaither

3.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected--a little light reading, October 12, 2005
This review is from: The Missing Madonna: A Sister Mary Helen Mystery (Sister Mary Helen Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read this entire series as a little light reading for those evenings when I don't want my brain to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the flow of the story, even with the predictable ending. The light personalities are a bit sketchy, but drawn nicely enough that I pretty much got the picture. The characters remind me of my aunts and their friends. They'd be the type to get into just the same type of mischief as Sister Mary Helen and crew. If you liked the other Sister Mary Helen books, you'll like this one. If you thought the others were too much fluff for your liking, then this is no different.

3.0 out of 5 stars The author fooled me, September 30, 2014
Sr. Mary Helen # 3

The sisters and fellow OWLs (Older Women's League) investigate when one of their friends suddenly disappears.

I didn't like this book, and it took me a while to understand why. I finally realized what I had expected to be red herrings turned out to be real clues, and what I had figured for real clues turned out to be red herrings. I can't blame the author for fooling me. I did finish it but found the exceedingly indirect clue that solved the mystery unsatisfying. The title is quite misleading; the Madonna isn't missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Third of Eleven Sister Mary Helen Mysteries, March 8, 2014
W. Christmann (Jacksonville, FL, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, June 7, 2013
Although I know this is a work of fiction, I grew up in San Francisco and had an aunt who was in the convent at San Francisco College for Women (Lone Mountain). This series by Sister Carol Anne O'Marie takes place at the only college for wormen in San Francisco so I could relate to the area since Lone Mountain was near St. Ignatius Church. I found all of the books to be filled with humor and very entertaining. I would recommend them highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mising Madonna, May 23, 2013
Read this book a while ago. I really like all the books this writer has put out. Still catching up on the newer ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, January 28, 2013
awslp "awslp" (Maxwell, NM USA) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the series and this book was a great mystery. I love the setting in California. My neighbor and I share books and she enjoyed it also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 10, 2014
Haven't read.

The Missing Madonna: A Sister Mary Helen Mystery (Sister Mary Helen Mysteries)
The Missing Madonna: A Sister Mary Helen Mystery (Sister Mary Helen Mysteries) by Carol Anne O'Marie (Mass Market Paperback - August 2, 2005)
Used & New from: $0.01