5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Eye Opener!
Published on October 28, 2008 by R. Cash-Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good
Published on May 31, 2008 by A. Mcpherson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Eye Opener!, October 28, 2008
R. Cash-Smith (A reader in Maine) - See all my reviews
In my job, I routinely counsel women who operate or wish to open their own businesses. For those who are finance-challenged and lack basic money knowledge, I highly recommend this book. I found The Money Therapist to be an extremely comprehensive, straightforward, reader-friendly, FUN book to read! I literally tore through it and learned a great deal along the way, particularly about the intricacies of social security and the importance of compiling an inventory of my home possessions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, May 31, 2008
This book is a waste of money. Don't fall for it. This book is geared towards women who have no experience with money, which is why I suggest a Suze Orman book instead. This book was mostly filled with small advice from women who've gotten their finances in order. There are advice boxes on nearly every page, which means that most of the book is words from other people and NOT the author. The writing style was very slow, which made reading the book very slow. Overall, I'm upset I paid full price for it. I also suggest The Money Coach's Guide to Your First Million by Lynnette Khalfani. Her book is very easy to read. Filled to the brim with numbers and statistics that make you feel good about your chances of becoming a millionaire. One section showed how bad credit cost a man over $1 million dollars over his lifetime - while his friend saved $1 million by having good credit. Unbelievable but true. People with bad credit consistently overpay for the same items. Lynnette Khalfani's book is surprisingly a gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent financial guide for men and women, March 14, 2008
Marcia's book is exceptional; it is researched thoroughly and is very well organized and written. This kind of information should be a presented in some class before students complete high school. Certainly it is a must for every man and woman before they marry. Drs. Henry and Betty Grumbling, retired instructors, College of the Sequoias, Visalia, California.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Money Therapist: A Woman's Guide to Creating A Healthy Financial Life, April 29, 2009
This book was fantastic! It is very well written to make the concepts easy to understand as well as easy to implement. We all know what we are supposed to do with our money, but actually doing it is an entirely different thing. As a result of reading this book my husband and I have decided to put away our credit cards and go all cash. Given that we both work on commission I have always been nervous about this in the past, but now we truly see the impact it will have on our financial future and are ready to make the committment.

Thank you for the courage to do that!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE book for your financial new beginning., May 26, 2008
If passion had a picture it would be Marcia Brixey. Her gentle yet pin-point focus on freeing women from financial disaster through accessible empowering personal education at each well choreographed MoneyWi$eWomen seminar up and down the west coast has been the first step in financial awakening for thousands of women.

All too often women don't know what they don't know. It takes a compassionate woman like Marcia to help other women gently assume their own financial responsibility and accountability and reach their personal financial potential. With Marcia's book, "The Money Therapist" women across this great nation will have insights, experiences and instruction at their finger tips whereby they can attend to their financial house and build a stronger foundation for their financial future.

The book is crammed full of real live women's experiences and clear step-by-step how-to's and the correct actions to take. Start here with an investment in yourself with "The Money Therapist."

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable book, April 24, 2008
Marcia Brixey has written an invaluable book for people who are ready to take control of their money. She teaches you how to get out of credit card debt, create a stable financial future, and use goal setting to live the life of your dreams. The best part about this book is its simplicity. Marcia is genuine; she connects with the reader and helps you achieve great financial success. Review by Sandra Smith, president of Aspire Seminars and
author of Get What You REALLY Want Without the Guilt.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Money Therapist, April 23, 2008
Linda Smith (Renton, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is very well written, organized and easy to follow. A MUST read for anyone wanting to put their financial house in order.

5.0 out of 5 stars A financial book for everyone, April 14, 2008
Thelma (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Marcia's book is for everyone who wants to take the first steps to financial freedom. It is a comprehensive, easy to read, and crucial to honing or developing your financial skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivating, highly useful, March 6, 2013
This review is from: The Money Therapist: A Woman's Guide to Creating A Healthy Financial Life (Paperback)
Virginia Pond

Well organized, inspiring
Got me going , taking action and making changes I have wanted to make for years
I am becoming a saver, less a spender

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What the Doctor Ordered!, November 12, 2010
I absolutely loved reading "The Money Therapist." It is a perfect title for those who are looking to learn about the basics of money management, while also getting a personal confidence boost that you can tackle this somewhat challenging topic on your own. Marcia Brixey's strength is her ability to break down hard-to-understand money concepts into simple, easy-to-follow, easy-to-retain information and action steps. Financial books can sometimes be intimidating or downright boring to read. Marcia's voice is warm, supportive, and conversational. It is like having a very financially-savvy friend give you one-on-one instruction on how to get out from under that big pile of financial stress and mess. Marcia is open about sharing her own journey to becoming a financial advocate for women. From teaching you how to organize your financial documents, to getting out of credit card debt, to defining your goals and writing down an action plan that works for you - Marcia does not let you down as a reader (and friend). I have been working in the field of financial literacy and education for over 10 years and still found this book immensely useful and relevant. Marcia speaks to the "bigger" picture of why you should care about your finances. "The Money Therapist" is thorough, intelligent, engaging, and easy-to-digest. This book is on my desk as a financial resource that I trust and refer to frequently as part of my work as a financial educator. Thank you, Marcia, for understanding the challenges women go through and for writing a money book that speaks so clearly and loudly to us.

The Money Therapist: A Woman's Guide to Creating A Healthy Financial Life