Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on February 19, 2015
 This my my video review of Airbuds from my Paul And Tech YouTube channel (YouTube.com/PaulAndTech).

These earbuds sound great, look beautiful, but most importantly ARE EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE! These are by far the most comfortable earbuds I have ever used and I could listen for hours without hardly noticing that they were in.

Airbuds really hit a home run with these earbuds. For the price of $40, I can definitely recommend these to anybody.
0Comment32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
I also had the experience of their AirBuds wiring going bad after a few weeks. I had them for about 3 weeks and was totally loving the comfortable ear fit and noise isolation while riding the subway in NYC. Then one of the ears stopped working and it was clearly a result of the wiring connection between the cable and the headphone jack, as you could twist it around and make it crackle in and out. I wrote to the company a week later and asked them if they would do anything for me since it had only been a month, but alas it was a few days out of warranty and they said I could just buy another pair. YEAH RIGHT!!! Don't buy these if you are planning to put them in your pocket from time to time, because they will break.
88 comments27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
I've tried numerous different earbuds searching for a pair that (a) sounds fantastic, (b) won't move around during exercise / motion, and (c) is comfortable in-ear for long periods of time. The AirBuds nail all three - and do so at incredible value. Highly recommended.

LATEST UPDATE 2014/06/04: (5 Stars)

Still going strong! The updated earbuds appear to be much improved with the new release, particularly with respect to the integrity of the cable. Highly recommend both the product and the attentiveness of the Airbuds folks to this issue!

OLD UPDATE 2014/03/03: (3 Stars)

The first pair of Airbuds that I received suffered the same fate as many other posters: the weak junction at the base of the cable led to broken headphones after just two weeks of normal wear and tear. The fine folks behind these earbuds kindly replaced them, but unfortunately, the new pair suffered the same fate after another three months of normal wear-and-tear.

Alas, I'm back to using a less-comfortable but more robust pair of Shure earbuds from 2005. I do hope they can get this problem solved in the design phase, as the earbud-end itself is great.
99 comments12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
I really felt like these were the lightest earbuds I have ever worn and used. I barely felt that they were in my ear and I rarely had any discomfort after listening for a few hours. And like most of earbuds before this one, the cables usually suck and they wear out very easily which is a problem. But with the Airbuds I noticed that the structure of the cable is far stronger and it feels better. Another thing I liked about the cable is that it's tangle free which means I wont have to fight with the earbuds to get them untangled and that just takes away a lot of time because I have bigger fingers. You just take them out of your pocket and they are ready to go. The sound is beyond great for me because I'm not much of an audiophile and the biggest thing I care about is that bass being exported from these earbuds, and the bass was perfect not too muddy but a overall tight a warm bass. They highs and mids also flowed very well even though you could prominently hear the bass.
on June 16, 2014
I've had two pairs of Airbuds. I lost the first pair after several months, and one of the ear buds died within 3 weeks on the second pair. I contacted Airbud support - they responded in the same day, acknowledging that they identified and fixed the problem in a 2nd generation which they are now shipping, and offered to replace them. They even through in a few packs of replacement tips!

The sound qualify and comfort of these earbuds is unrivaled. I don't believe you'll find truer bass in a set of earbuds.
on November 8, 2012
I love these earphones because they are so much more comfortable than the ones that came with my device. They stay in place and feel great. I especially like that they mute out the other noise, so it is easier to listen to my movie or music. I look forward to using these while flying!
on October 15, 2012
I REALLY like my air-buds!!! This is the first time that "in the ear" headphones are comfortable enough for me to wear for long enough periods of time to watch a movie, or leave in while reading all afternoon. And the cord really doesn't tangle. They are great!
on October 15, 2012
The airbuds are super comfortable and love that they don't tangle! Never had one fall out during my hour long walk. With other earbuds, I usually have them falling out. These definitely stay in place and the sound is great.
on August 21, 2013
I bought this item because I have the worst time finding earbuds to fit my ears comfortably. I have pretty small ears and it seems like any earbuds I try just hurt after a while (meaning after about an hour). I read the reviews on the AirBuds and had high hopes! Unfortunately, they weren't all quite what I was expecting.

First of all, I received my box of AirBuds and it looked like there was a set of replacement foam tips missing. All of the images showed a set of foam tips on the actual earbuds themselves, as well as two replacement sets above the earbuds. Mine only came with the foam tips on the earbuds and one replacement set. Also, I noticed that the bottom of the box was sealed, but the top flap was not. It even looked like it had been opened before! When I opened the package only to find no instructions with it, I was somewhat disappointed.

Going on to sound quality, I can't give these AirBuds any higher praises! I absolutely LOVE the sound quality!! They hit every note extremely well and clear. Everything from deep bass to extremely high tones come across with no distortion, and everything sounds so sharp and vivid! The foam tips make it so you don't have to turn up the volume as high as you would with other earbuds, and the music still comes across with just fantastic quality. I was extremely impressed.

Now for the disappointing part... I bought these hoping that they would be above and beyond any other earbud when it comes to comfort. Pretty much all of the reviews stated that these earbuds were just insanely comfortable, and you could wear them for hours with pretty much no issues. This was not the case for me. I find them to be slightly uncomfortable, but no less comfortable than any other pair of earbuds I've owned. I was mostly disappointed because, from all the hype about how comfortable they are, I was sure that I had finally found a really comfortable set of earbuds for my small ears. Don't get me wrong, they aren't painfully uncomfortable by any means! I just find them to be nothing spectacular or insanely more comfortable for my small ears than any other earbuds.

Oh and the smart mic? It takes some getting used to (i found the various controls for it to be touchy and hard to control at times when getting used to it) but now it's wonderful! I love how the smart mic works on practically any operating system, and it's so small it doesn't get in the way. It just stays out of the way, minding its own business. And the no tangle cord is really handy too. I've had no issues with binding/tangling.

Overall, the AirBuds aren't as comfortable as I had hoped for, which was quite a disappointment. Despite the average comfort level, I immensely enjoy the usefulness of the smart mic, the hassle free no-tangle cord, and just adore the amazing sound quality!! I imagine if your ears are at least normal sized, these earbuds would do wonders for you! For those with noticeably smaller-than-average ears, don't expect these earbuds to be a world of difference when it comes to comfort. If I had normal sized ears, I would buy the AirBuds anytime without a doubt!
on April 9, 2014
Loving my new AirBuds! I have small ears and my AirBuds fit very comfortably, the sounds is great, and they never fall out! Love how soft these earbuds are, the foam shuts out outside noise as well as providing quality sound; I have been enjoying my favorite albums through my earbuds all week. They seem pretty durable I plan on using them at home and on the go! Thanks AirBuds creators!