Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

100%

on May 14, 2007
The message of this book boils down to learning how you can take care of yourself (some call it creating "life balance") so that you can be the mom you want to be (not your mom's, society's, or your mother in law's idea of motherhood). It isn't another parenting book that talks about the "how tos" in terms of taking care of your kids or your husband. The topic may sound touchy-feely, but it's not -- it carries a serious message about self-preservation for mothers that has been ignored for too long!
This book is a welcome retreat for women at every stage of motherhood. Whether you have a newborn and are wondering, "Will I ever sleep again?" or you have a teenager heading off to college only to leave you wondering, "Who am I and what do I do now?" The Mother's Guide to Self-Renewal provides loving, unique support in reconnecting with who you truly are and creating balance in your life from the inside out.

This book is gorgeous - beautiful design and amazing photography (taken by the author on her travels around the world) are coupled with compelling content around 12 themes of self-care and re-connection. Vignettes from moms whose lives have changed through their work with Renee and her Personal Renewal Groups for mothers punctuate each chapter and give clear voice to the importance of taking time to go deeper than typical playground conversation. Little details like meaningful graphics and the fact that the book can lay flat and open to read while you're feeding your baby complete the magnificent effect of the book and make it truly special and stand out in a sea of bland parenting books.

The Mother's Guide to Self-Renewal is also an amazing vehicle to help moms connect through Personal Renewal Groups - where they can explore the book's themes and exercises in a supportive, nurturing community. [..].

This book and the exercises and personal stories have changed the way I parent and - most importantly - the way I treat myself as a mother, wife and woman. Renee's heart-felt exercises have helped me reconnect with who I truly am, and find a way to incorporate my pre-baby self with my new life as a mom. Highly, highly recommended!
on June 11, 2007
Utilizing The Guide, coupled with a supportive circle of women with whom to share the journey is the best thing I've ever done for myself as a mother.

I feel completely different (confident, strong, empowered) than I did at the beginning of my motherhood journey (out-of-control and deafeated). Through Renee's guidance, I've learned to let go of striving for perfection, to enjoy the moment and to feel great about caring for my childrens' mother. It's unlike any other motherhood or parenting book and is a terrific resource for creating a "motherhood community" within your neighborhood, workplace or other groups. Now, as a professional coach, I facilitate Personal Renewal Groups using the Guide and have seen overstressed, underappreciated moms experience transformational change in their lives by putting themselves back on their own priority lists.

THANK YOU, Renee for helping me view motherhood and myself with deep love and respect. I've given myself permission to feel like a whole person again, and in return have so much more to give to those around me.
[...]
on October 29, 2013
I highly recommend this book to any mother or woman looking for tips on how to take care of yourself in this hectic world we live in. Rene Trudeau has helpful and insightful comments, tips and practices.
on December 17, 2013
This book is great for moms that have reached that point in their lives where they've forgotten who they are anymore. It helps guide moms in reconnecting with their pre-mom days and figuring out how to approach their new stage of life.
on August 5, 2015
Parenting grows our patience and generosity. Trudeau’s book reminds us that compassionate self-care is what will keep us fit to become the most excellent loving parents we can possibly be. The Guide is an important contribution to creating a more enlightened society.

Linda Bloom L.C.S.W. co-author of 101 Things I Wish I Knew When I Got Married: Simple Lessons to Make Love Last and
Secrets of Great Marriages: Real Truth from Real Couples about Lasting Love (Linda and Charlie Bloom have been holding marriage meetings for over thirty years.)
on April 18, 2009
Every person I know who has read The Guide loves it and has made positive changes because of it. The chapters are so short and easy to read that even the busiest of moms can easily get through it. The ideas and action steps are so simple to implement that everyone can make quick and lasting change immediately. If you are a busy mom who is ready to have more while doing less then definitely get this book and consider joining a group for additional support and comradarie.
on January 28, 2012
A couple of years ago, I heard Renee Trudeau speak at a conference. What she had to say resonated with me. Both my children had started school and I felt adrift. So, I purchased the book. What I found in this book really helped me to balance my life in a new intentional way. Through these pages, I found the energy to do things that I had put away for years, and to be truly present and engaged in the relationships that matter most. I loved it so much that I took the online training and became a PRG, Personal Renewal Group Leader, and started "Soup Sisters" a group that meets at my home over a bowl of homemade soup, for support and inspiration. The book changed how I look at my life and what I have to offer the world. Together our group has found that this book and being gathered over a nourishing bowl of soup proves that "both the pen and the spoon, the soup spoon that is, are mightier than the sword".
on March 25, 2009
This book is organized into 12 chapters that cover topics such as the power of self-care, tapping into your creativity, and improving life balance. The list of creative ways to say no (and thus manage your energy) is worth buying this book! As a busy professional and mom, I love the fact that the chapters can all be read quickly, and then returned to when I have time. Each chapter includes thought provoking questions for journaling or group discussion, and concrete suggestions for implementing new ideas. The wisdom and support in this book is an invaluable asset to any mother navigating the myriad challenges of parenting while trying to maintain a healthy sense of herself. This is a book to savor and share. As a licensed psychologist and group psychotherapist, I lead groups that focus on this book and I regularly recommend it to my clients. I read it regularly, and always get something new from it. Buy this wonderful book, you will be grateful you did. [..]
on July 18, 2007
I've been reading this book on and off for the past couple of weeks, and every time I open the pages, I instantly feel transported to a mental vacation. The photographs, questions and anecdotes help me think about something other than laundry, making dinner and trying to toilet train my son. So far, the book has actually helped me to make one major change in my life. After thinking through the things that make me happy, the things that I've missed since having kids, I've returned to taking dance classes. It's been quite a challenge to get back to it after a four year hiatus, but it's fun. It's also helped me keep things in perspective as I spent countless hours working on my book, [...]. Thank you, Renee.