5.0 out of 5 stars If you are moving with children--BUY THIS BOOK!!!, July 19, 1999
By A Customer
My husband and I just moved from Florida to Arizona with our five children. The children LOVED this book--and we got some helpful hints as well! Thank you Ms. Davis for making our move so much smoother!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for children who are moving to a new town, October 7, 1998
By A Customer
My 8-year-old daughter received this book as a gift when we moved cross-country. She was very nervous about the move, but this book helped her tremendously. It helped make moving an adventure. I have since recommended this book to other parents. It is well written and full of helpful advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars military families must have this book, December 14, 1998
By A Customer
I am the wife of a Marine. Our family moves every three to four years. Thank goodness this book was written. I encourage any military family to buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars practical advice, May 24, 2000
By A Customer
This book is divided into three sections - before the move, during the move, and after the move. Each section contains practical advice for children from packing to things to do on the way to making new friends. The book's interactive design will help children personalize it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Moving Book is a must for all kids and adults, April 23, 1998
By A Customer
I found The Moving Book to be straightforward, well organized, comprehensive and very informative. As a gift, I've already given 2 copies of the book to my childrens playmates. They are quickly filling up the pages with past life experiences, present anxieties and plans for the future. This living map is precisely the guide and transitional tool essential for any move. This book should be required for any pre-school or grade school student who is about to move. I can only hope that if or when the adult version comes out I'll be the first in line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for independent readers/writers, July 27, 2006
This book would be very good for kids who are able to read and write independently and fluently - perhaps 8 and up. If you have a lot of time on your hands, you could use it with kids as young as 5 but you'll have to read and write in it for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book; it really helped my kids., December 15, 1997
By A Customer
My family just experienced a difficult cross-country move. My two boys (ages 7 and 9) each had their own copy of this book (going away gifts from a neighbor) and each really made it his own. I think it played a large part in helping them cope with our move, helping them to understand what was going on and what to expect. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, September 24, 2005
This book was just what my son needed. We just found out we're moving to Brussels and he needed some words to express how he was feeling about it. We sat down and literally read one or two pages and he said, "Mom, that's just how I'm feeling." That was the entire reason I bought this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 22, 2013
This review is from: The Moving Book: A Kids' Survival Guide (Spiral-bound)
My daughter is 9 and we are relocating. This book was the perfect book for her. She loves it and is more comfortable with the changes our family is making. Thanks so much!!! Would recommend to any child faced with a move.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool!, December 3, 2012
This review is from: The Moving Book: A Kids' Survival Guide (Spiral-bound)
When our 8-year-old daughter found out we were going to move out of state, she asked for moving advice. I found this book and she devoured it. It told her what to expect before and after the move, and it had places for her to journal. It was just what she needed to help her through the biggest event in her life so far.

The Moving Book: A Kids' Survival Guide
The Moving Book: A Kids' Survival Guide by Gabriel Davis (Spiral-bound - August 26, 2008)
$22.95 $18.63