Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Mystic Christ
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

This book seems very well researched. I'm always interested in the parallels between the teachings of Jesus and other religions.
There were a few times that I thought the author was just repeating and rehashing bible verses, but as you read on you see that he has a reason for doing that.
This book points out that the key focal point of all the great religions is unconditional love for God and everyone.
What I liked best was that it didn't go off on some New Age derailment of reality, or try to shove a lot of beliefs at you.
I believe anyone with the slightest bit of an open mind can enjoy this book. Any case the author makes seems to be well founded. I believe any traditional christian will like the presentation of material as much as someone that is looking for something more than what is presented in organized religions.
I enjoyed this book very much and I believe you will too.
on April 11, 2006
Well done. Made a good case for a simpler view of what Christ was trying to help us understand. I recommend this book to anyone seeking a more meaningful alternative to the popular Christian dogma. One criticism: Appendix A was unnecessary and detracted from the positive message of the book.
on November 9, 2006
The Mystic Christ is a perfect book which reveals the true nature of Jesus, and stands as a correction to the dogma strewn, and ego grand-standing scriptures of contemporary bibles. Jesus was a rebel. He rebelled against everything and anything in the old testament that deviated from Love, because God is Love. His message was simple: cultivate The Spirit of Love within You in your own unique way and share it with your neighbors, for this is truly Spiritual communion. The more varied the Spirituality, the better, for variety is the spice of life, and Spirituality is the jnfinity of life. Blessed Be to Ammachi, She is a Goddess; and Blessed Be to Ethan Walker III, and all others alike for giving Jesus back his true identity. As a Wiccan myself I will hope and pray, that eventually all faiths in LOVE will be merry, and dance together someday. BLESSED BE
on May 14, 2008
I think Ethan Walker has done a fine job of presenting Christ as one of many avatars who have appeared when needed to those on the path to truth. I particularly enjoyed his exploration of the ego as the thing that hinders the knowledge of our true nature. Overall, a provacative book. I shared it with several like-minded individuals who also enjoyed it.
on May 17, 2008
Ethan Walker III has written one of those rare finds. I've spent twenty-five years
building my spiritual library. I've seen every backroom and basement of most bookstore in
America. I've searched and found little known Gems of Wisdom, at garage sales and
forgotten up in attics. So when I stumbled upon, The Mystic Christ, on the Internet, I
didn't think it would amount to much. 'Too simple,' I thought. But I will tell you this,
all my other books are shelved back to back, while Mystic Christ, leans against them with
the front-cover facing out, for easier access. I tend to read a little bit from it, every
other day.
on May 14, 2008
I have a bookcase full of "Christian" commentaries from really far out gnostic mythology to so-called fundamentalist (literalist) interpretations of the gospel. The Mystic Christ makes more sense to me than any of them. When I first read it in 2004, it was an awakening for me. Ethan's very well researched and well thought-out presentation of the gospel of love is the one I recommend to friends and relatives who are dealing with grief or confusion in their lives. Find how what the message of Jesus really was. Do yourself a favor. Buy the book.
on May 13, 2008
Author Ethan Walker and myself are on the same 'mystical page' with regard to every word that he wrote. By the time I finished reading his book (which I couldn't put down), I had highlighted so many passages and made so many notations in the margins, that I was reluctant to pass the book on to someone else to read...but I did.

I have also encouraged others to read the book as well. Please extend my compliments and appreciation to Mr. Walker for his beautifully inspired literary work.
on May 7, 2008
I loved this book. Viewing Christ from the mystic perspective really shines a light on His true teachings. It helps weave the core concepts of many of the stories in the Bible together with a thread that really makes sense to me. It overlays many of the classic eastern spiritual traditions which gives the message so much more meaning.

This book is especially good for any existing Christian seekers who are finding it difficult to find answers in contemporary Christianity.
on July 20, 2010
No one recommended this book to me...I simply found it on Amazon.com while doing research on the internet. What a great surprise. This is the type of book you want to purchase by the dozens and hand out to those you think may appreciate it. It is loaded with truths and helps to erase the myths and lies we've been taught over the years. I would love to meet and have a conversation with the author. I love it.
on January 6, 2012
i got so much out of this book, it was amazing. i bought extra copies for my spiritually-minded friends. if you are faithful to your religion, you probably won't like it because it is all about faith in God, not a church