Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Native Americans: The Indigenous People of North America
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon April 16, 2001
This is a great comprehensive book that provides many ways for the reader to learn about North American Native Culture. It has excellent writing, photographs, art description and explanations regarding clothing, geography, norms, drawings, maps, and visual cultural descriptions of North American indigenous peoples. The writing has tons of information, and the photography is stunning. I first read this book after receiving it as a Christmas gift, and it has stayed on the book shelf ever since so I can go over it from time to time.
on January 9, 2015
This is a well written book covering the many aspects of the native American culture. Divided into nine cultural areas, and how they lived and adapted to the area in which they lived, from the cold Artic to the warmer Southwest. It tells of various aspects of their lives, beliefs, culture, experiences, key individuals and historical events. With many great pictures of the artifacts used by the Indians. Clothing, tools used to hunt, and work. Baskets weaved,ornamentation worn in ceremonies. If you are interested in the Indian way of life historically, this is a great source of information.
I bought the book used from Friends of Bosler Library. It is in like new condition, with just a little wear on the dust cover. The pages are in great shape and there is no markings on them. It is always risky buying used books but I am satisfied with the one I received. It arrived quickly also. I am satisfied with my purchase.
on January 7, 1999
I have been collecting Indian books for over thirty years. This book will be one that I will pride in my collection. If you enjoy quality photographs of Native Americans, colored photos of artifacts and printed on the best of paper, you will enjoy this book. I am very pleased with it.
on February 8, 2015
Great book, great price, on time delivery, and good packaging.
on September 4, 2015
I recieved the product very quickly and was as described
on April 24, 2016
very good book
on January 22, 2016
Great history
on July 6, 2011
I paid $18 for it used. It came in great shape. I don't think I would fork out $200 for this book.
on November 12, 2007
Artifact spread after artifact spread forms the visual backbone of this stunning guide. Dividing the content into eight or ten areas on the basis of lifestyles and ecologies, careful attention is devoted to the daily lives, arts and crafts, and faith of hundreds of native tribes. This is quite well done. Indeed, it is most excellently excellent. This be da man. This the boy. He got game.

I gave the book only four stars because it failed to discuss the Schmohawks, the Jewish Indians of Long Island, N.Y.

The narrative could be more captivating.