5.0 out of 5 stars The books of Gerald Massey
Published on January 3, 2007 by reader

NOT AT ALL HAPPY. I ORDERED THE VOLUME SET FOR TWO FRIENDS AND BOTH RECEIVED ONLY VOLUME ONE OF THE TWO VOLUMES THAT WERE TO BE DELIVERED. THEN THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING THE SECOND TAKES AN ACTS OF CONGRESS.

Published on January 3, 2011 by M. Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars The books of Gerald Massey, January 3, 2007
This review is from: The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) (Paperback)
This along with his *A Book of Beginnings* and *Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World* constitute a major work that took Massey most of three decades to write. There is nothing so important as these books in demonstrating the origin of all the world's languages and cultures in the birth place of Egypt in Central Africa. Massey was the 9th Chosen Chief of what is known as the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids in Britain between 1880 and 1906. And it was during these years that he was working on these volumes. He was an evolutionist, a consumate scholar, philologist, and great savant. These books are filled with the most amazing insights. A Book of Beginnings scientifically demonstrates the origins of the British Druidic and ancient Hebrew traditions in the ancient Egyptian. It also delves into the most ancient levels of the Egyptian in the lake region of Central East Africa at the source of the Nile. These books are not for casual reading. They are fraught with detail and demand careful reading. They cast a bright light on the great world tree of cultures and languages whose tap root is in Central Africa. Massey traces the development of Egypt so far back that it makes the past two thousand years look like it was just the other day. For anyone trying to understand the origins of the great African cultures, the British culture, the Jewish culture, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and all other cultures as well as all of the world's languages, these books are to be regarded as a gold mine. For anyone studying the great Bardic tradition, these books belong among those that are to be considered indespensible. Massey is a major figure. All of his work is published by BCP (Black Classics Press).

5.0 out of 5 stars The beggining of CLARITY!! You must pass this way., October 24, 2000
This review is from: The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) (Paperback)
Gerald Massey is 'the' most under read "seer"/researcher dealing with history, religion, typology,... I mean what doesn't he deal with directly or indirectly?
If you are trying to find the reason or essense of cultural/religious/societal practices then this two volume set is a must. Massey does for History & Understanding what Athur Young does for science (The Reflexive Universe), he makes the developement of Kemit accessible and understandable.
The writings of Gerald Massey will probably be the most dense material you have read in your life! Sometimes what he covers in one page another author would have taken 10. The book is the 2nd of 3 main books (6vols) and in my opinion should be read first! I read "Light of the World" first and understood it (I thought). When I read Natural Genesis and reread the others...they all opened up and revealed way more insight.
Lastly, I think for the establishment of the time Massey would presently be akin to a (more radical) Noam Chomsky, Gore Vidal, Howard Zinn...along the religio-socio-historical side. Hope that helps some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heady Read, November 14, 2011
This review is from: The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) (Paperback)
Okay it took me about 5 months to read this book. I looked at it for a month before I attempted to began reading. Once I finally picked it up, I committed to read 20 pages a day, which amount to about an hour. Then I got distracted by more readable fiction books (L.A. Banks Vampire Huntress Series). There are 12 books in the series. I am currently waiting for book 11 to come via snail mail. I'm completely hooked. This book is not a casual read. However, I felt compelled to read it. My goal as intellectual reader is to self educate myself and learn something new. I only comprehended 1/4 of the book. However, my mission of learning something new was accomplished.

I highly recommend this book to those types of readers who are knowledge readers. If you are a scholar on world and African history you must read this book. If you are any way involved intellectually in any of the so-called western major religions and you are a knowledge reader, if you aren't scared, I say go for it.

I have committed myself to read volumn 1 by the end of 2012. These books definitely deserved a place on my book shelf. This was a hard earn read. Often I would have to re-read a paragraph or two to comprehend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FREE ON LINE, December 4, 2012
This review is from: The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) (Paperback)
This review is for the collective works of Gerald Massey. I discovered this author back in the 1990's when his works were scarce and available mostly through Kessinger Publisher Reprints. With the copyright out of date, I am now able to find his works on line in their entirety. My own personal copies are heavily highlighted.

I was impressed with the depth on which Massey wrote, wondering if his facts were correct or if he was making up information as did so many of his contemporaries. The fact is, I still don't know. I found his style of writing difficult to comprehend, finding myself re-reading paragraphs and sentences attempting to figure out what he means.
His theories are interesting and perhaps overall have some merit. But when one delves deep into his material, there is much that is incorrect and much more that is speculative. One can find errors in any writing of this type before the onset of modern dating techniques, even in the best of authors.
His theory is simple. Man started as a man-ape in sub-Sahara Africa. His original language originated there and then went to the rest of the world. He proposed this idea while man's origins were still being debated. Where Massey's works falls apart in when he compares languages and finds connections between ancient Egyptian and the language in New Zealand. He has a heavy emphasis on Egypt's influence in the world and goes so far as to compare British pub names to Egyptian mythology.

Now even if one was to suppose Massey is correct in his theory, there would really be no way to prove his details correct. He believes that any ancient word that has the same three consonant sounds in a row have a common etymology.

Massey ascertains the Egyptian hieroglyphs hail from sub-Saharan pictograms. Currently his idea is as good as any out there, although no modern scholar is making that claim. Some learn toward cuneiforms as their source, but nothing is in stone.

The theory of Massey that interests me the most and has become a topic of my own book, "On Earth as it is in Heaven, The Cosmic Roots of the Bible" is that he insists the Bible is composed of cosmic myths and are related to Egyptian mythology. I have found this basic idea to be 100% true, at least in my mind, but Massey fails on many details. He is unable to make a clear concise easy to follow argument . My original intent was to reword his work, but I discovered errors and an overall inability to ascertain his sources. He is poor at listing them.

Other modern biblical astrology authors have wholesale copied Massey without doing their homework, perpetrating mistakes, setting back the theory. Massey is correct in that the story of Adam and Eve is the constellations of Virgo and Leo. His idea of Cain and Abel being Draco and Hercules then subsequently being Gemini is incorrect, as is his basic idea of the tree of knowledge.

Massey is correct about the Egyptian dung beetle representing barren births in the sign of Cancer, becoming the sign for virgin births. He correctly identifies Sirius as the Star of Bethlehem. Curiously, while Massey identifies the 12 sons of Jacob as being associated with the 12 signs of the zodiac, at no place in his works does he list them all with their corresponding sign, even though many of his predecessors and contemporaries do so. I could go endlessly go on here.
While Massey spends much of his time comparing the Bible to Egypt, it was actually Babylonian mythology and history that had the largest influence. I found Sayce's comparisons to be far superior in most instances.

I am a big fan of Gerald Massey. Without his works I would have never have authored my own works. If you are planning to write a paper on any ancient topic, I wouldn't quote him. His theories are interesting, his proofs are fallible, and his prose is downright a challenge.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) by Gerald Massey, Charles Finch, January 3, 2011
This review is from: The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) (Paperback)

I ORDERED THESE FOR MYSELF AND THE BOOKS ARE WONDERFUL, AND I RECEIVED BOTH WITH NO ISSUES. UNFORTUNATELY NOT SO THE SECOND TWO TIMES I ORDERED FOR OTHERS!!!

The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set)
The Natural Genesis (2 Volume Set) by Gerald Massey (Paperback - July 24, 1998)
$59.95 $40.45