• Offers step-by-step, student-centered lesson plans incorporating networking sites that address both Common Core State Standards and the National Education Technology Standards for Students
• Presents an action plan that any educator can implement immediately, regardless of technology limitations or experience level
• Includes lessons designed to allow students choice to increase creativity and allow the students to take ownership of their learning
• Provides reproducible documents used in lesson plans, rubrics to go along with those lesson plans, and instructional handouts for patrons/students
• Contains guidelines and recommendations for keeping students and educators safe while using the Internet and networking sites
"Creative media specialists will find many ways to use these lessons throughout all areas of the curriculum and for media program advocacy. It is also a useful professional development resource for trainers. The pages are packed with information in lesson plans; rubrics and examples are all available free on an accompanying blog, exponentially increasing its value."
Library Media Connection
Today's librarians and educators face the difficult challenge of staying current with the latest technologies and online resources while keeping students motivated to learn. Thankfully, students' current knowledge of and passion for networking sites can add to their classroom learning experiences instead of merely serving as a distraction to their education.