Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$5.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 14, 2012
The philosophy that you can network anywhere and don't have to be a pro at it with a college degree in marketing is a nice angle for this book to start out with. What is so great about this book is that it is for you, and me and everyone else. Even the common person who is looking for a way to make beneficial connections to advance their career or other interest can find immediate value in this book. The author uses a wonderful conversational tone so you don't feel like you are reading a boring manual. There are multiple examples in this book of how to make various types of connections and use them to the advantage of your personal success. I recommend this book to anyone looking for solid advice on how to network with others.
on March 16, 2012
Nancy Nguyens "The Networking Diary" was a wonderful, entertaining,and also informative read. I dove head first into it and enjoyed every page. It is very applicable to my new career in travel agency and definitley has opened my eyes to certain ways of "professionalism" that i wasn't aware of ,and or never thought of. I have already applied some of the main principles in Nancys book since reading it. I strongly urge anyone who is in the buisness of "networking" and most of us are (or should be) to read this book immediatley.
on May 31, 2012
"The Networking Diary" is a valuable tool in any networking guru's arsenal! Thank you Thank you Thank you, for being brave enough to publish your stories and share them with us. It was so fun and enlighting to get a taste of your world and how hard you've worked to get where you are. Your ability to envoke emotions and make the reader feel as if they were in that moment with you, is dynamic! LOVE YOU!!
Some of my fav quotes..., "Bad Nancy!" (LOL) & "Resist the urge to use your considerable force of personality and intelligence: You'll crush her and scare her off." (Sometimes I have to work EXTREMELY Hard at this one) & "..if you protect their reputation, it will strengthen your reputation." (I never really considered this bit of advice before, I know it will be difficult but I'm going to try it!) & my top fav quote from the first read through is..... "Orlando, Thank you for taking the time to respond. Before I drop kick her, see my response" (ROTFLMAO!! I LOVE IT!!!! You kept it 100% REAL!)

Again THANK YOU!
on December 29, 2012
Yes, everyone has that dreaded weakness in the business world, and mine just happens to be networking. This is a must read book for every aspiring entrepreneur or career minded individual. The author doesn't rehash old theories or common held views, she takes the reader on a truly personal and insightful journey. Sharing, instead of telling the reader, about the benefits of networking and how to do it better. The author cleverly lays out how you can grow your business and indeed yourself professionally, by practicising and putting into regular use some very simple networking etiquette techniques. The author was prepared to share very real experiences good and bad which smoothly ran into each subsequent chapter of the book.

This book is a remarkable account of the meaningful occurrences in the author's life that have shaped the strong business woman the author has become. It really does show that talent, combined with an ability to learn, and willingness to practice, can turn a weakness into a strength in the business world. A very enjoyable and confidence building read. Highly recommended.
on January 18, 2013
Nancy hit the nail on the head with this one. Her words are both empowering and motivating. I love the fact that the first thing she emphasizes is that its not all about you. Too often do we see people network for themselves and never get anywhere. Nancy gives real life examples of each point that almost everyone can relate to. I started to implement these strategies immediately as I was reading them and got amazing results. I have read through the book several times now and I can now say that I've been building up an impressive network without being selfish about it. Thank you Nancy, and I recommend this book to everyone who wants to hone their networking skills.

Review update:
Greetings from the overly sunny Central Valley in Ca. I just finished your book for probably the fifteenth time and I am still learning something new. I recently went to a conference for the United Methodist Church in Sacramento and was able to implement your networking strategies there with both the clergy and the laity. I have been recommending your book to my friends and they are all looking forward to purchasing a copy. I also recommended the book to several members of the conference as a vital tool for their ministry and outreach programs.

This book can obviously be used for more than just business.
on August 15, 2012
To call this JUST a book is an understatement it is a guide a diary a glimpse into the inner thoughts of a powerful networker and more importantly to learn the "HOW", How does she do it.
I have read this book twice, first to get Nancy's lessons which I started to implement daily in my life, I no longer walk into a room with the mindset of what can people do for me, but more the mindset of, what resources do i have to help others. So i reread the book again, this time i took away the communicate style and tone.

Which was a great help because i faced a similar situation like Nancy about opening up my network to someone.... you will have to read the book to see how nancy handles this situation with style and grace and professionalism.

I wish Nancy would have a blog in which readers could ask questions, and get Nancy's advice on how to proceed!

A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE!!!
on November 17, 2012
This is a great book...short, easy to read and entertaining! Nancy does an excellent job teaching you how to open up to opportunity. Networking seems a lot easier after your read this book and I am grateful to Nancy for sharing her experiences and knowledge with the world.
on April 11, 2012
"The Networking Diary" is, quite simply, a great book by a terrific person. It's a very genuine, heartfelt guide to utilizing your network effectively. As someone who has had the pleasure of networking with the author, I can attest she absolutely practices what she preaches, and she does it quite well. Highly recommend reading this book.
on May 16, 2012
Nancy's book was great & an easy read! Even my brother who hates to read enjoyed it & coming from him is a huge compliment. She provides helpful tips for those just starting out with her own real life examples. I should add the book is helpful to those who want tips on networking in general - so even if you're not a beginner in networking it's well worth your time!
on January 4, 2014
A wonderful book on how to start the process of developing a network, besides just getting to know people by opening up yourself to the world around you. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in growing their own circle of friends and business relationships.