5.0 out of 5 stars TERRIFIC DVDs for Young Horse Lovers!!
Published on April 5, 2005 by theconies

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 vhs
The VHS set of 6 has 10 episodes from season 1 and 2 from season 2. Good stuff though. Reccomend to anyone.
Published on October 10, 2011 by me2

5.0 out of 5 stars TERRIFIC DVDs for Young Horse Lovers!!, April 5, 2005
This review is from: The New Adventures of Black Beauty: Seasons One and Two (DVD)
This TV program is my very favorite! I really love horses, and this program is full of excitement and adventures. The episodes take place in New Zealand so the background scenery is beautiful! (Out of the 24 TV spisodes shown on these 2 DVDs, I only disliked 1 of them - number 11 of Season 1 because it is about a little old lady whom some of the townspeople think is a witch. Even though it works out in the end, and everyone discovers that she is just a lonely old German lady who doesn't speak English, I didn't approve of the nonsense.) The other 23 episodes are wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! It features original cast members from the original TV show from the 70's!!!, August 27, 2006
Jason P. Pumphrey "the movie & music man" (Falls Church, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
What a great set of DVD's (six DVD's with four episodes each,for a grand total of 24!!!) from Questar Home Video!!! A great show for the whole family,"The New Adventures Of Black Beauty" from the early 90's has two of the original cast members (William "Doctor Gordon" Lucas and Stacy "Jenny Gordon" Dorning)from the original classic British series from the early 70's!!! So,if you were a fan of the original series you'll love this one too!!! It even has the classic original theme song that was used in the original series!!! Also recommended for horse lovers!!! Two thumbs up!!! Five stars!!! A+

4.0 out of 5 stars Why missing two episodes?, July 16, 2008
This was one one my favorite series when I was a child. What's not to love? Beautiful scenery, wonderful horses, independent teenage girl, and cute German guy. But I never met anyone else who had even heard of it, so I was very much surprised to find it available on DVD. Also delighted, because I'd only managed to tape 15 of the 26 episodes. But when I got the DVD I saw there were only 24 episodes. Why on earth did they leave off 'Horsepower' and 'Horse Sense', two perfectly innocuous episodes? I can't understand how or why this oversight happened. It's just so annoying, I buy DVDs in order to get rid of my tapes, and now I have to keep this one. And I'm left with this little nagging feeling whenever I look at my DVD set on the shelf, and remember that it's not quite complete. Absolute torture for one with OCD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memory lane!, February 8, 2008
This DVD - although not the most modern or gripping. Really was a trip down memory lane and a fantastic afternoon of entertainment. Seeing Black Beauty and Vicky on their adventures just makes you long for the New Zealand hills and have a horse of you own. Fabulous best buy 2008!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show., October 18, 2005
My family agrees with other review. All shows are great. Episode #11 is also our least favorite.

My teen daughter is a huge fan of this show. She wishes there were more.

3.0 out of 5 stars 6 vhs, October 10, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!!!, February 18, 2007
Full of plenty of horse riding action and excellent family values. A great series for horse loving girls. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm a grandma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Beauty TV seies from Nickelodeon (1980's), July 20, 2010
I used to wake up and turn on Nickelodeon back in the '80's and watch this show religiously!! It brings back some great memories. Now my 7 year old daughter can enjoy this show also. It also helps that she LOVES HORSES! Recommend to all!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family Viewing, March 27, 2010
Mark (Holden, MA) - See all my reviews
I watch this with my almost 7 year old twin girls and it's great. Totally positive stuff. Teaches good values. Wish there could be more entertainment like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories!, August 28, 2008
After having not watched this since I was 12 years old, just hearing and seeing the opening title brought tears to my eyes. Of course the stories seems a little lame now as Ii'm 28 years old, still can't help but smile. Makes me want to go horse riding again! A great purchase to now have all the episodes on DVD.

The New Adventures of Black Beauty: Seasons One and Two