5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely highly recommended
This book asserts that there is such a thing as a drug-free cure for arthritis and fibromyalgia. This is not just pain reduction, but elimination.

Published on January 23, 2010 by Paul Lappen

3.0 out of 5 stars I had never heard of him before so it would have been nice to read about his background
This book was very informative regarding the different forms of arthritis that exist. The descriptions were very clear and informative. It was interesting to learn the underlying source for each of them (e.g. infections). However, I was surprised not to find (and perhaps it is because I bought the paperback) a brief bio about Dr. Fife. I had never heard of him before...
Published 4 months ago by F

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely highly recommended, January 23, 2010
Paul Lappen (Manchester, CT USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The New Arthritis Cure: Eliminate Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Pain Permanently (Paperback)

According to the author (and new medical research), the cause of arthritis is due to infection, either viral or bacterial. The first place to look for a cause, especially if you have had a root canal. It is very hard to clean all of the bacteria out of a diseased tooth, so if the root canal was done improperly, it is very possible that some of that bad bacteria will enter your bloodstream through a cut or scrape in your mouth. The bacteria will travel to someplace "safe," where there is little blood nearby, like a bone joint. That is why the usual drugs have little, or no, effect, as the bacteria eats away at your cartilage.

So what is the answer? Coconut oil. Teeth are very porous, full of tiny tubules, where the bacteria can hide. Brushing and flossing won't clean out those tubules, but coconut oil will. The book goes into detail about why coconut oil is so healthy. Take a teaspoon or two, and swish it around your mouth for several minutes. Don't gargle, and don't swallow (spit it out when you are done). You don't want to draw all those toxins out of your mouth, and deposit them in your stomach. Coconut oil can be also used in cooking, and taken internally as a dietary supplement. Do it everyday, and, after a couple of weeks, even the most extreme cases will show improvement.

Is that the whole story? No. After cleaning out your system, change your diet by a lot. Everybody says that, but consider this: After going to all that trouble, and eating all that coconut oil, to clean the arthritis infection out of your body, do you really want to let it back in with an unhealthy diet? Think about taking a combination of glucosamine and chondroitin to rebuild those damaged joints. Exercise will help limber up your joints, so get moving. If the pain has limited your mobility, start with something you can do (even simply standing and bouncing on one of those mini-trampolines). If you are overweight, lose some of it. Every pound lost decreases the stress on your joints.

You're thinking: Not Another Miracle Cure, right? If the best the medical profession can do is to hand you a bottle of painkillers and tell you to live with the pain, or schedule you for a joint replacement operation, what have you got to lose? This method is easy and drug-free. This book is full of success stories, and is extremely highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book has Saved My Life, June 8, 2013
In my early 40's I was diagnosed with severe advanced osteoarthritis in my left hip. This was in the summer of 2006 (7 years ago) by two doctors. One of them looked at me straight in the eye and leaned toward me, saying, "You are going to get a hip replacement. You will be getting one." I would go on to live in constant pain for the next seven years. As I sat in a wheelchair in the emergency room of a local hospital, I started to try and get up but I couldn't. A nurse passed by and said to me, "You better take it easy. Your arthritis is not going away."

I tried different health products and got some relief, but after a couple of weeks the pain would all come back again. It was like something living in me was figuring out what I did and would adapt accordingly. Massage therapy helped me have enough strength to walk for about 15 minutes at a time but walking was still painful. I'd have 4 - 5 high pain days a week and 2 days medium pain. Every so often I'd have a few hours of low pain but never a whole day.

As late as five weeks ago I constantly had hot throbbing pain in my hip and walked with a very noticeable limp. Sitting for more than 15 minutes at a time caused my leg to stiffen so I could not stand up and walk right away. I got this book because Dr. Fife was the only doctor who said his program was a cure. All other arthritis books circle around that claim and pretty much offer ways to minimize pain a little at best.

On the first day I tried the oil pulling that he teaches, the hot throbbing and inflammation went away. And it hasn't come back! All my high pain and medium pain days went away too. They went down to nothing but low pain days within a day, and as the weeks have passed most of my days are no pain days! I have not had even one high or medium pain day again since I began oil pulling, which was 30 days ago. I am excited to see my range of motion coming back. It's interesting how I'm feeling things popping and moving around as I walk sometimes. As I walk I've been feeling like velcro is getting stripped away inside my leg and releasing more range of motion.

I can't believe the results I've been getting. I can move normally now and go from point A directly to point B instead of pivoting the long way so the good leg takes the first step even though it is farthest away.

It was always a mystery how I'd gotten osteoarthritis. Dr. Fife explains it as an infection in the blood. Clean out the infection and you heal. It's as simple as that. I was a karate guy back when I got this condition. I'm suspecting I got it from being barefoot so often. Sometimes I would have cuts on my feet and I taught karate in all sorts of places. Some of them weren't very sanitary.

I don't know what would have happened to me had I not discovered this book. The inflammation felt so bad before it seemed like something was on the verge of bursting inside me. That wasn't good. I care for two elderly parents and my recovery has helped my entire family. I also used to get chronic headaches and those have disappeared since I began the oil pulling. I feel younger, more alert and healthier all around. Several people who I've shared my experience with have run out to the store within the hour to buy themselves some coconut oil. I definitely recommend Dr. Fife's book to anyone who wishes to recover completely from any sort of bone disease or problem.

God bless you, Dr. Fife. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It has literally saved my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars My miracle while using coconut oil, May 27, 2013
I have suffered with fibromyalgia for 37 years. I have seen countless doctors for the condition that was so painful it consumed my life. None of them knew what the problem was, they just prescribed numerous medications and gave me exercises to do. I was finally diagnosed by Mayo Clinics in Rochester, MN. Basically they said I would have to learn to live with the pain. The pain progressed, the only relief I found was walking every day, range of motion and chiropractic, which was painful, and only temporary relief. The last 6 months I have gotten worse. Pain in my legs especially when I lay down to sleep, I had pain like an electric current shooting down my legs. I took sleeping pills and pain pills just to get the sleep that I did get.
Then 2 weeks ago I went to a friends garage sale. She shares a similar problem so asked how I was getting along? I shared that I was miserable and didn't know where to turn. She told me about this new book she had read named The New Arthritis Cure. She dropped it off to my home the next day for me to read and said it had helped her with her pain. I read it that night,and started using coconut oil immediately. I have been doing the oil pulling as well as taking 4 TBSP. per day. It has been 2 weeks since I first began. I have changed my diet and walk daily, do range of motion exercises to strengthen the muscles that used to be so sore I could barely stand it. The pain is almost completely gone!!!! I just can't believe it! I keep waiting for the pain to come back! I no longer have the shooting pain down my legs and the pain in the rest of my body that used to be a 10 plus, is now at a 2, and it just keeps getting better. My thought process is coming back too! I was so preoccupied with pain it was difficult to think and focus. I will never stop using coconut oil, It has given me back my life! I am sure I will be completely pain free very soon! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cure, December 19, 2009
W. Jenson (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
Another brilliant book by Dr. Fife. He has researched all the possible causes for Arthritis and Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue and come up with some real treatments. If you suffer from any of these ailments, read this book. I have been "Oil Pulling" ever since I read his chapter on it. I'm a lot less achy in just a month. I also bought a mini trampoline on his advice. I own most of his books and am a big fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works, August 23, 2012
When I first heard about this I was beyond skeptical. However I gave it a try anyway. It was delivered promptly to my door and I read it over the next week. After finishing the book I bought a jar of coconut oil and started the "oil pulling".
It's been two months since I started Fife's methods which I've performed everyday, twice per day along with taking a joint formula Flexacil Ultra - (3 bottles, 60 caps each) The Revolutionary Joint Repair and Pain Relief Formula - Premium grade Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Hyaluronic acid and Omega 3 Fish Oil - Highest Potency Combination and I have to say that my hands and knees haven't felt this good since I was in high school! The stiffness in my joints is non-existent and the pain is barely noticeable anymore. I have since completely quit the painkillers and even cleaned up my diet when I read that sugar can make arthritis much worse. If there was any advice I could give to someone interested in trying this it would be consistency. I do this along with taking flexacil ultra regularly and this combination has nearly eliminated my joint pain. I recommend it to anyone who suffers from bad joint pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Arthritis Cure, September 16, 2009
More than 21% of the adult population suffers from arthritis. The New Arthritis Cure is far more than just a cure for arthritis book. Not only is it an amazing guide on how to eliminate arthritis and fibromyalgia pain permanently, but it is also an informative guide on how to achieve a healthy lifestyle.

An interesting read for anyone who is interested in promoting a healthy life, even if you don't have arthritis, but for those who are suffering from this crippling disease, you're in luck, there is finally a cure.

The first few chapters cover the many faces of arthritis and the truth behind arthritis and fibromyalgia. Anti-inflammatory medications and pain killers merely mask the symptoms while the disease progress and worsen. In chapter one, you'll learn the underlying cause of arthritis and as you read further into the book you'll discover the actual cure.

Several people suffering from the crippling disease has shared their inspiring experiences and how the techniques in this book have helped them overcome their battles. It was interesting to read how a relatively simple cure allowed them to overcome arthritis and fibromyalgia.

Dr. Bruce Fife thoroughly reveals the underlying cause and how to cure it, a unique book that offers a natural approach to prevention and cure. You will learn a number of lessons of why arthritis has been crippling people since the King Henry VIII era.

In The New Arthritis Cure you will read about a disease that once was claimed to be incurable, until now. The author takes you on a step by step guide on why 46 million Americans are suffering, what steps to take to stop the disease, and ways to regain your health.

An extraordinary phenomenon that will unleash a new beginning for those who suffer from arthritis or fibromyalgia. Learn how to be in better health with the anti-arthritis diet and a seven-day whole food challenge. The handy little easy to read guide is full of useful information and most of all it offers hope to a disease that once was known to be incurable.

I'd recommend The New Arthritis Cure to anyone who is interested in a healthier lifestyle and definitely to those who are suffering from arthritis and fibromyalgia.

Author Bruce Fife is a doctor, CN, ND, and a certified nutritionist. He is also a naturopathic physician whom authored over twenty books. He is a much sought after speaker and lectures throughout the world.

"A diagnosis of arthritis is not a life sentence."
--Dr. Bruce Fife

Reviewed by Martha Ramirez of BookPleasures

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting natural approach to helping arthritis, November 13, 2011
MJG (Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
Warning - contains spoilers. Dr. Fife's philosophy is based on the notion that all arthritis, including osteo, is a result of inflammation and joint deterioration or muscle problems from an attacking pathogen, whether it be bacterial, fungal or viral. He cites the work of Weston Price and others (founding father Dr. Rush) in demonstrating that arthritis does seem to be connected with pathogens. He cites other cases like the case of an infant that developed osteoarthritis before learning to walk from a candida systemic infection. He promotes coconut oil - both in use as oil pulling and taken internally, as a means to help the body to fight off chronic infections which may be causing and/or contributing to the arthritic condition.

I have been doing his protocol for about three weeks though haven't worked up to ingesting more than 1 tablespoon of coconut oil yet as I haven't been able to tolerate more than one or one and a half tablespoons of it. However, my results so far is that I've already lost nearly 15 pounds just from taking that tablespoon and cutting out some food allergies strictly that I knew I had and some I suspected (am also working with a friend that does bioenergy work to help identify food allergy triggers as they also cause inflammation and can contribute to the entire picture of pain in the body), is that my big toes that seemed like they were already being affected (I have lumbar/sacroilliac osteoarthritis with bone spurs/stenosis/spondylosis/nerve impingement) and in the last week that seems to have completely gone away. However, I am also using the glucosamine supplement drink Supple which is also supposed to help - starting taking that the same time as I started Dr. Fife's program - so it's difficult to determine which might actually be causing the relief - I have also had bad coccyx pain from my condition for about a year now and that seems to be getting better. I have taken up yoga to help stretching but on the whole I did notice a recent trip to the dentist they remarked that my teeth didn't seem to have the plaque buildup that they 'expected' and the girl flew through the cleaning in seemingly about half the time that it seems they normally take, so the oil pulling seems to be doing something - plus I think my teeth are slightly whiter from doing it. It does make my teeth feel cleaner and also seems to be helping my chronic sinustis. I am suspicious that if a pathogen is causing or contributing to my arthritis it is most likely candida as my N.D. has diagnosed me with issues with that and I've had over twenty years of chronic sinus infections every winter which, while I've tried to take probiotics to replenish, I am sure has led to my having food allergy issues in my late forties now and also the arthritis this far along at my age. I am going to stick with it and see how it goes. It can't hurt you; and there are videos online about how great coconut oil is for healing the gut and for other health issues (alzheimer's) and it helps raise good cholesterol and lower bad so...figure with that I have nothing to lose. Plus the weight that has come off has been hopeful - I haven't weighed this amount since I was about 27 - I'm back to nearly the size I was when I married my husband 20 years ago. That is quite a tribute to coconut oil as a weight loss - and as you are supposed to keep your weight down with osteoarthritis of the back, I'm grateful to Dr. Fife that his protocol has caused that to happen so quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's only been two weeks and I can see and feel my results..., July 30, 2012
Initially, I was a bit skeptical about the claims this book makes, however I also felt encouraged by them. I've been hurting with pain all over me especially stiffness and pain in my hands. It's sad that this has deprived me of playing my guitar and other interests that I used to enjoy.

Well, I read this book and my eyes were opened to what's really been happening in my overall health. It's only been a couple weeks since I've started the program detailed in this book. I'm truely amazed that my health is becoming restored and stiffness and pain in my hands is already diminishing. I whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone experiencing these symptoms. A huge "thank you!" to Dr. Bruce Fife!

5.0 out of 5 stars the New Arthritis Cure, October 16, 2012
This book has rocked my world. I learned so much about arthritis and the causes of it. I am a living testimony that the material included works. My knees and hip are pain free. I can go up and down stairs again! I am telling all of my friends and family about it. It is such a simple, safe remedy for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coconut Oil to the rescue again, July 10, 2013
I am getting well from being very sick. I have used Dr. Fife's books and his research into nutrition to get well again. I took up this book just recently because I was having sever crippling pain. Walking hurt but climbing stairs was almost forbidding. I almost had to do the one by rump method to get up stairs. Dr. Fife talks about Yeast infection and its ability to get into the muscles and become a real "terrorist" to the body. He recommends Coconut oil, which I have been using. Without his research I don't think I would of made the connection. I had to use more than Coconut Oil, for my immune system had been very compromised. I am well now, can't run a city mile but can climb stairs like a normal person - one step at a time - I'm still weak but getting stronger.

The New Arthritis Cure: Eliminate Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Pain Permanently
$15.95 $14.36
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.