Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The New Atkins for a New You Workbook: A Weekly Food Journal to Help You Shed Weight and Feel Great
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Too many people hop on their own version of the Atkins diet thinking they can just pig out on all the meat, cheese and eggs they could ever want to consume. Oh, if only it were that easy. Take it someone who once weighed 410 pounds and was able to shed 180 pounds off of my body--it's a process that takes patience, diligence and a lot of record-keeping. If you want to know the secret to success on the Atkins diet (or really any diet plan), then here it is: KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU CONSUME AND HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL. That's it.

In a nutshell, if you are consuming foods that are nourishing your body (and the high-fat, moderate protein, low-carb ones you get on the Atkins diet fit that bill perfectly), then you will feel satisfied and enjoy what you are doing immensely while reaping the weight loss and more importantly the health benefits this way of eating has to offer. But unless you are writing all of that down as THE NEW ATKINS FOR A NEW YOU WORKBOOK shows you how to do, then you can't possibly get there from here. The book's author Colette Heimowitz is a veteran Atkins nutrition health expert who knows her stuff and stands ready to help you too.

If you bought New Atkins for a New You and/or The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook to start anew on your healthy low-carb lifestyle, then you owe it to yourself to get this book to guide you on the pathway to success!
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2013
I do NOT like record keeping at any time and the format of this workbook makes it ez for me to record my food intake and activities as I work toward my goal of losing 100 lbs. I have lost 15 lbs since the first of this year so it may take longer than one calendar year but that is OK. It took me 6 years to pack the weight on so it it takes 2 years to get it off I'll be happy. This book will definitely help me do it.
on January 5, 2013
Having this workbook helps keep track of carb counts and anything else I need during this diet process. I love it.
on August 22, 2013
I wanted to keep track of the foods I eat so I can see where I am "making mistakes" so I was doing it online. But I was always losing the data or not able to enter data I wanted. I saw this workbook and wondered if it had enough pages to track my foods on a daily basis. It has 4 months (16 weeks) worth of daily pages, with tips on every page, PLUS a list of the allowed foods. It's great! I love it. It has helped me see where I can cut down on certain foods even more. Taking it on vacation with me!!! Highly recommend... will probably get another one once this one is filled out!!!
on February 24, 2013
this work book helped me to stay focussed on my diet. i have not lost as much weight in the month i thought i would, but the whole point was i have lost weight. i know some of my friends lost 15 lbs the first 2 wks. i lost 13 in 4 wks. but i have a lot of medical problems and to me this was a miracle. i usually lose 5 lbs then gain back 8. i am happy with my atkins diet and i am diabetic and it really works well for me.
on March 17, 2013
Using an app like MyFitnessPal calculates carbs, calories and everything else which I use in combination with this book. Very informational and motivating. A must have for anyone on a LC diet
on February 25, 2013
this workbook got me on track to quick weight loss. Very happy with the results, loss 7lbs and counting in one weeks.
on January 30, 2014
I found this journal to be a great tool for use on a low carb diet. It doesn't necessarily need to be Atkins. Because it is a bound book though, it makes it a little hard to lay flat on a counter and write in. I would like to see Atkins make a new book that is spiral bound for ease of use. I'd also like to see them scale it down somehow (perhaps take out the fluff and make it just a journal) and make it smaller to carry.
on August 7, 2014
In case you haven't heard: A cardiologist/research/professor at Stanford had his students do a long study comparing the results of all the different diets used in the last 40/50 years. (Nutri-System, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Food Addiction, etc , etc, etc. Compared everything. Which diet had most weight lost, which one kept the weight off the longest, which ones gave the best numbers...blood pressure, insulin , cholesterol, thyroid, healthiest , etc, etc. . In a Stanford video taped lecture to report his findings, this cardiologist revealed the truth in complete personal amazement that Atkins clearly came out on top. But that jives with the media over the last year that it has become apparent that fat isn't the bad guy it's been made out to be for the last 60 years, (looking at the European, "Mediteranian diet"). It's the combination of fat with sugar (& flour) that 's the killer. Atkins was the only low carb diet of them all and no one on it had heart problems. The inventor died of a heart problem but it was not fat ladened veins. It was a defect in his heart or something not diet related.
on March 15, 2013
I would recommend this book (and the other book purchases I made along with it - The New Atkins for a New You and cookbook) to anyone searching to start a low-carb diet. I started 3 weeks ago and I follow the books to a T. The workbook actually helps you to keep track of the foods you eat, with a total at the end of the day...and a reminder to take your vitamins and supplements. Following the recommendations of the book and keeping a record with the workbook, I have lost inches as well as 10-15 lb! People have already started complimenting me on my results and I've only just begun. These book help to explain what Atkins really is...it's NOT what you have been hearing about...great product! Great diet!