"Greywater for dummies and greywater encyclopedia in one information goldmine." -- Dan Chiras, author, The New Ecological Home; The Solar House
"Ludwig is a water visionary... The most practical and complete presentation of the subject I have seen." -- Michael MacCaskey, Editor-in-Chief, National Gardening
From the Publisher
Greywater is laundry, shower, sink, and dishwater. It may be reused for other purposes, especially landscape irrigation.
Create an Oasis with Greywater thoroughly covers all greywater basics. It will benefit everyone who is using or contemplating the use of greywater. This 5th edition of the world's best-selling greywater book includes 50 pages of new text, photos, and figures, as well as the entire text of our (former) Branched Drain Greywater Systems book.
Create an Oasis shows you how to:
* Save freshwater by irrigating with household washwater
* Relieve strain on your septic tank
* Purify wastewater better without energy or chemicals.
Other topics include:
* Why to use or not use grey water
* Health guidelines
* Grey water sources
* Irrigation requirements
* Twenty system examples and selection chart
* Biocompatible cleaners
* Grey water plumbing principles and components
* Maintenance and troubleshooting
* Preserving soil quality
* Storing rainwater
* Compendium of common grey water errors and preferred practices