5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, simply Awesome
Published on March 27, 2006 by Melina Lantz

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic detox book though not very exciting
This book is different from what I expected when ordering it from the library, in that it does not just deal with general detoxification. There are chapters on sugar, drug, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine detoxification, and a final chapter on fasting.

Included are lists of the nutrients required for the various detox programmes.

If I didn't find much...
Published on May 19, 2010 by Iona Main Stewart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, simply Awesome, March 27, 2006
This review is from: The New Detox Diet: The Complete Guide for Lifelong Vitality With Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans (Paperback)
This book is well written and easy to understand. It really explains how and why to detox. It actually has daily menu plans that you can actually use. No wierd foods or herbs just everyday food you can find at your local grocer or farmers market. I have read many books on detox and this is by far the best I have read. I finally can start detox rather than just reading about it. Thank you Dr Haas, BRILLIANT

4.0 out of 5 stars Rid Yourself Of Bad Eating Habits, December 22, 2008
Used judiciously, "The New Detox Diet" is of great help if you would like to rid yourself of bad nutritional habits. The title diet is meant to be used primarily as a temporary cleanse. It involves eating primarily fresh vegetables, a little fresh fruit, a little whole grains, and a little protein (beans, fish, or chicken). There are additional chapters on juice cleanses, elimination diets for the identification of food sensitivities, a modified version of the Detox Diet for longer term use, and recipes. I had gotten into a rut of eating large amounts of bread and cheese and drinking several glasses of wine each night, so I did the Detox Diet for 10 days. I find I have minimal cravings for sugar and alcohol now, and although I still love bread and cheese I do a better job with portion control. A word of warning: The chapter on the basic Detox Diet provides diet rules and also a sample menu. I found that if I followed the sample menu strictly, I wasn't getting enough calories and I was quite weak. So be careful to include some higher calorie vegetables (potatoes, avocados, etc.) and/or follow the recommendations for calorie supplementation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good information - realistic programs, February 13, 2008
mellochick (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I bought this book along with the 21 day detox by Roni DeLuz. Both methods work, Dr. Roni's gets the most weight loss, but I think Dr. Haas's book is more comprehensive. It gives information on total body detox, and also provides specific detoxes for those who want to focus on a particular substance (alcohol, sugar and caffeine are examples). I find the food combining priciples and the recipes easier to adopt. I would recommend it - its a good reference and instruction manual for detox and clean, healthy eating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear guide to detox, March 31, 2007
A clear and practical guide to detoxification that uses everyday ingredients and helps you feel great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic detox book though not very exciting, May 19, 2010

Included are lists of the nutrients required for the various detox programmes.

If I didn't find much new information, this is because I'd read a lot about the subject beforehand,

This is a sensible and adequate book comprising all the basic and necessary information on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable Detoxing Simplified, September 10, 2008
Roxanne Banta "roxbanta" (San Luis Obispo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This book provides a wealth of great information on how and why to detox while keeping it simple. I felt like I was encouraged to make my own educated choices about how to cleanse rather than being told to follow someone's strict prescription. I like the recommendations for easing your way into a program that works for you while slowly building healthier dietary habits. I have read a few books on detox and this is the one I come back to every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars The New Detox Diet - Almost Complete, February 19, 2009
This book gives a great deal of very helpful information especially for someone new to the idea of detoxing. I also like the fact that it addresses detoxing for several reasons: Sugar, nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, and drugs. However, detoxing from everyday living and the SAD (Standard American Diet) are important, as well. It is a good refresher for someone with a basic knowledge of detoxing, and good for beginners. However, it leaves out some important information and discounts things like a gallbladder flush, which I have personally found helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, June 2, 2009
This book is excellent, an easy enough read and highly recommended. Try the detox diet, you'll feel fantastic after only two days.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best natural health/dietary resources out there - Dr. Haas is amazing!, July 9, 2012
My mom has been doing Dr. Haas's New Detox Diet over the years and I am now on board with Dr. Haas's New Detox Diet. I just turned 40 and I have fibroids, and want to find a natural method to heal my body and the Detox Diet is the answer. This is not a diet in the traditional sense - it's all about healthy eating and really taking a good, hard look at what we ingest in our bodies. Not to mention, the thousands of chemicals and outside toxins we take into our bodies. This book is AN excellent natural health/healthy living resource - especially for those who suffer from chronic illness and disease. Dr. Haas is an amazing innovator in the field of integrated medicine and his dietary guidelines and his health and medical knowledge will blow you out of the water. I'm a huge fan of natural healing/alternative healing methods, especially when it comes to food and diet. Food can be poison but it can also work for us too, and Dr. Haas takes you step-by-step through the detox process and his recipes are yummy too! I'm doing the combo smoothie cleanse and detox diet (due to my exercise regime and how much I work out, I need some extra kcals). I have done the Detox Diet in the past and I was pleased with the results - I felt a LOT better. For anyone who has given up on the dreaded "D-word" (diet) and are tired of the "low-carb" fads, The New Detox Diet is the only book you'll need to get your health and YOUR LIFE back on track. If you just quit smoking and want to repair the damage done to your body, check out this book! Excellent information! Everyone needs to read this book, especially parents. Kids eat way too much sugar in their diets and parents really need to start kids off young with healthy eating habits. A must-read for parents too! It's all about practical, common sense eating and health habits and Dr. Haas steers you in the right direction of reversing illness and disease in the book. I HIGHLY recommend this book and Dr. Haas's other books!

4.0 out of 5 stars The New Detox Diet:, August 19, 2006
Good information and clearly mapped out. Knowledgable commentary and practical applications.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›