• Illustrates many ways of using social media creatively for every potential reader, not just "techies"
• Establishes a long history of digital storytelling
• Explains emerging and obscure technologies clearly and accessibly for a general audience
• Authored by an expert who has taught digital storytelling and associated technologies to diverse audiences for a decade
• Provides a bibliography listing sources consulted
• Contains an index of key words and concepts from the text
"This is an essential guide for those of us trying to figure out how to use these cool new tools to make a real dent in the world around us--Bryan Alexander is out on an important frontier." (Bill McKibben, Founder, 350.org; Author, Educator, Environmentalist; Schumann Distinguished Scholar, Middlebury College)