5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bridal shower gift!
Published 20 months ago by HJ1115

2.0 out of 5 stars Catchy name is the only good thing...
Bought this for the bride for her bridal shower. The actual recipes inside are terrible. Pretty book, but not seriously to be used as a cooking guide. Disappointed for $17+ .....
Published on March 11, 2012 by C. Okeefe

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bridal shower gift!, February 25, 2013
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this as a gift for a bridal shower. I don't know the bride too well and I wasn't sure how naughty her gifts would be, but it's a bridal shower so it's supposed to be a little naughty, right? Anyway, it was a big hit. It was the only naughty gift she received, everyone else got her kitchen stuff. I did my research before buying one of these cookbooks. There were several out there, but this one seemed to have the best recipes and was very well organized and appealing. It makes a great gift!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bridal shower gift, September 20, 2011
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
I am a bridesmaid in my friends upcoming wedding and wanted to get her a "naughty" gift that was not typical (lingerie) and this book seemed perfect! A naughty apron and a good bottle of wine would accompany the book perfectly! Her extended family and friends got her pots and pans - I gave her an interesting way to use them!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good cookbook, May 10, 2014
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
I gave this to my daughter for one of her bridal shower gifts. She absolutly loved it and as she passed it around many people said they would love to get this cookbook because it has so many good recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Took a Leap of Faith and was Rewarded, January 30, 2012
J. Bell (American Southwest) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
A friend of mine turned me on (ha ha) to this book when I was frantically looking for a suitable bridal shower gift for my sister. I ordered it a few days early with the intent to try out one of the recipes so that I knew the quality of what I was getting her.

I was not disappointed. In fact, my mind was blown.

I found a recipe for braised quail with grapes and pancetta. I arranged for the children to be away, spent a wonderfully furious hour and a half in the kitchen, and served up one of THE most memorable meals I have ever had--better even than eating at most top notch restaurants in town and at a fraction of the cost.

None of the ingredients in our recipe were aphrodisiacs in and of themselves, but my husband and I spent the entire meal exclaiming over the flavors, licking our fingers, and grinning at one another in an ecstasy of sensory marvels.

Needless to say, the cookbook was a huge hit at the shower, and I am now ordering a copy for myself. Valentine's dinner will be cooked from this book this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 26, 2012
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is the second time ordering this book for a bridal shower. Now I just need to order one for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fantastic cookbook, January 2, 2011
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
My friend bought this book for me on a lark, but 5 or more years later, I keep coming back to these recipes. I have friends begging me to make them chicken and asparagus black-bean enchiladas again. And the black russian cake is so good, it is actually dangerous because I cannot keep myself or my husband out of it. The tomato basil soup is a regular winter staple at my house. And the book is back on my desk because with the absolute success I have had using this book, I've got to try some more recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies, go off the registry for that bridal shower!, August 20, 2014
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
Can't speak to the value of this as an actual cookbook, but I purchased it for a bridal shower and it was a big hit. I paired it with a cutesy apron and it drew big giggles and blushing from the bride-to-be. Recipes sound good/normal and not weird like I would have expected. I may have been the only one to go off the registry and mine was definitely the only gift passed around. Not much fun for everyone to watch to bride unwrap a bunch of presents she already picked and we all chose from!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for newlyweds, September 16, 2013
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
I already own the previous edition of this fantastic cookbook, and my wife and I ordered this version for our newlywed friends. The recipes are easy to follow, and the results are outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, August 8, 2013
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
The perfect book for the perfect gift! Pictures are stunning. Descriptions delightful. I have ordered several and given them as birthday,Christmas and especially wedding presents..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, July 30, 2013
This review is from: The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook (Hardcover)
I gave this as a bridal shower gift and it was a huge hit! The couple love cooking together and really enjoyed the beautiful creative photography in this book. Some of the recipes were pretty intricate, though.

The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook
The New InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook by Martha Hopkins (Hardcover - February 1, 2007)
$29.95 $23.88