Published on February 21, 2010 by Black&GoldBrian

2.0 out of 5 stars Short, Not a lot of information
I was looking at this book for a while because I thought it was would be my Saints bible. Once I got, I discovered that most seasons were about a half a page long until the 2006 season. The 2009 seasons is about 20 pages long. Nothing really new in this book.
Published on October 14, 2010 by Christopher Doran

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Capturing of the Super Bowl victory season and everything before, February 21, 2010
This review is from: The New Orleans Saints Story: The 43-Year Road to the Super Bowl XLIV Championship (Paperback)
I've been a Saints fan since I was born in New Orleans in the 80s. I've watched them rise to success in the late 80s and early 90s and then flop down to misery for the rest of the 90s. I remember the brief flash of greatness in the 2000 season and then the years of disappointment following. I was one of many who were scared the team would be moved to San Antonio after Katrina. And, I've followed happily with the additions of Drew Brees and Sean Payton all the way to the Super Bowl. This book recaptures all of those highlights, plus the history of all that happened before I started following. It was great to relive the triumphs of this season, game by game, and score by score. One of my favorite parts of the book was the analysis of the Super Bowl. There is a chart marking 25 commentators' predictions and shows how far off they were in underestimating the Saints. It was nice to see someone document how little respect the media gave the Saints and exactly how wrong they were. It was also cool to see the Saints quarterbacks and coaches compared in various charts and categories. Awesome book. It was perfect for me to relive the season and all the years past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Saints book I've ever Read, February 23, 2010
This is the best Saints book I've read. Not only did it follow the 2009 Season and the Super Bowl Championship, but it followed the Saints history from how New Orleans got an expansion team in the first place all the way to being world champs decades later. It does a great job at paying tribute to great players in the past as well as the present with team leaders and stats given year by year. Many sports books give a ton of pics with very little info and even less insight. This book has all the Saints info you'd ever want to know. The story of the New Orleans Saints leads like a saga that culminated in this year's Super Bowl victory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my BFs Birthday, July 25, 2010
I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday, and he loved this more than any of the Xbox games that I got him. He's a big Saints fan. The only downside was he didn't talk to me much for a few days until he finished it. But it was nice to see him reading because he usually hates to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 10, 2014
This is a great book for any New Orleans Saints fan. I liked that there was stats in it and you will learn stuff about the Saints that you don't know.

5.0 out of 5 stars HISTORY, December 19, 2012
Victor C. Blasiol (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
If a BRIEF history is what you are looking for, than this is the book for you. From page to page it describes the New Orleans Saints seasons throughout time, again very briefly, but, you get what you are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHODAT TWODAT TRUEDAT, December 6, 2010
2009 was finally the season for Saints fans. This book has everything you could ever want to know about that season. It also tells the history of the Saints year by year leading up to that season.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short, Not a lot of information, October 14, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Dat?!, July 31, 2010
No one knows the struggle of a longtime Saints fan other than a longtime Saints fan. Until know. This book has all the heartbreaking last minute losses, the great starts and poor finishes, and the players traded or passed on who became superstars. And of course it all builds to the incredible 2009 Super Bowl season which shows the other side of it all when we got to finally make it to and win the big game. It's really the classic underdog story in sports but stretched over the course of 4 decades before finally making it the championship.

Drew Brees is also covered well spotlighting his stats for each game and the whole 2010 season. In fact the 2010 season is covered by every single game including every score in every game.

It's full of the excitement of making it to the postseason, winning, and facing the heavily favored Colts. I also liked the Bobby Hebert coverage. He is one of the most underrated QB's of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most complete Saints history with lots on Drew Brees & Sean Payton too, July 10, 2010
Very complete Saints history with a lot of attention on the Super Bowl Championship season. There's also plenty of info on Drew Brees and Sean Payton, 2 of the key elements in the Saints newfound success.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome saints book, June 30, 2010
Great book to go through the history of the Saints. Made this longtime fan happy.

Used & New from: $13.14