Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The New Science of Love: How Understanding Your Brain's Wiring Can Help Rekindle Your Relationship
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 30, 2011
Finally! A scientific proof that love goes through the brain, not through the heart (or the stomach). A great easy read to help improve your relationship without having to sit on a couch. The book is logical and well structured, and touches upon the most important factors that affect a relationship starting from how past performance does affect future returns (childhood environment that is), how to break out of unconstructive communication patterns and (my favorite part) how to forgive and move on to a happier times. There are a lot of examples of other people's relationships that the author observed in couple's therapy. I was actually surprised to see to how many of them I could relate at a certain level. Highly recommend it!
on September 12, 2011
What's new and really exciting about this book is not only the way it helps me understand my relationship and how I can change my thinking patterns to help improve on it but also how it simply explains the mechanism in the brain behind those changes. As I was reading it, I thought of friends who are also having problems in their relationships and marriages and how it could help them too. It even reminded me of how I could have could have repaired past failed relationships--at least if my partner would have been also willing to try. Even if you aren't currently in a relationship you will have something to learn from the science and case studies the author shares from her experience as a psychologist. It's an easy and informative read. I would highly recommend it.
on April 21, 2013
When you feel you are at your wits end, this book sheds a new light of hope.
Great examples allows you to see yourself and your husbands actions clearly.
This book can save your marriage..its about changing your brain " mirror cells."
Thank you Dr.FranPraver
on July 22, 2014
dealer mailed very promptly and let us know status of shipment.
The book itself was in new condition.
The first 2-3 chapters are very dry and hard to get through. After that, it was much easier to read when the author shows how the science was put into real life practice with her patients.
OK book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2011
This exceedingly well researched book is a boon for the layman as well as the professional.The material is presented clearly and in easily understandable terms.The science is a giant step into the 21st century.For troubled couples the book is a "must read"
on April 23, 2015
I counted the number of pages that offered concrete suggestions on how to really improve your love life, that a man could implement: 17. Just 17 pages at the very end of the book (the last half of the last chapter).

The rest of this book was undeniably geared toward women, which, hey, is cool! But it needs a subtitle, like: "How to stop being a controlling, overly-sensitive and simultaneously withdrawn prune and start being the feminine lover your man original fell for."

I counted the number of case studies in this book where it was the man's fault that the relationship was out of whack: One, the guy who verbally and physically abused his partner. Almost all of the rest were case studies where the woman was a bent out of shape feminazi lording it over her wimpish man whom she no longer respected.

That may be the typical dynamic in dysfunctional American relationships, but it didn't help me at all. I have already lived through one of those nightmares and so I searched for (and found) a woman that this book tries to help other women be more like.
on August 7, 2012
It's a great book, it can really help you make positive neurochoices, that will help you in every situation of life.
on August 31, 2011
This is a most interesting and informative book, very original in its concept of the plasticity of the brain and as it affects both you and your partner. Very profound in its unique approach to relationships, I found it to be a real eye opener.