Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 19, 2007
Meg Hickling is a nurse who addresses all the stages of child develeopment and what the kids need to know as preschoolers, elementary kids, junior high, senior high--it is so helpful, and it was a great starting point to frame a discussion with my husband about what we should be telling our boys, 9 and 6. If you liked the "What to Expect" books the tone of this book will be very comfortable to you.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2013
I was afraid I would be giving away too much information too soon but I don't believe in lying to my kids either. This author really helped me understand why it is so important to start young to protect our children. A knowledgeable child is a safe child!

I love the fact that I can read word for word how she reccomends explaining things if I'm not sure how to put something into words. And the funny stories just make it not so difficult to keep reading.

Thank you so much Meg Hickling!
on March 11, 2010
Great book to help ease a parent into talking about sex with your kids. Helpful explanations for why it is important to start this conversation at a young age. Every parent should receive a copy when they take their baby home from the hospital.
on September 24, 2013
This book is rather long and detailed but has good information. I probably would select something different and shorter next time.
on February 15, 2015
It is never too early to talk to your kids about a sex in an authentic and positive way, and Meg Hickling advises exactly how to start those important conversations. This is a fantastic book for everyone who has small kids, older kids, or talks with kids. Highly readable, easily implementable, and extremely recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse