"...well presented and a useful addition to the literature on the subject." (Long Range Planning, Vol 38 2005)
--This text refers to the
From the Back Cover
Put strategic thinking into action
Building on the fundamental tenets of competence-based strategic management, The New Strategic Management: Organization, Competition, and Competence clearly defines a new conceptual foundation for strategic thinking and action. Authors Ron Sanchez and Aimé Heene offer a clear framework that incorporates the essential features of traditional strategy analysis within the dynamic, systemic, cognitive, and holistic views of organizations, competition, and cooperation that have emerged under the competence banner in the past decade.
The New Strategic Management will help you:
• Understand how to create competitive advantages within today’s complex and constantly changing markets.
• Design and implement an effective "Strategic Logic" for defining and achieving an organization’s goals.
• Effectively manage a firm’s resources and build its capabilities.
• Develop and use the collective intelligence of the organization.
• Create self-managing organizational processes.
• Lead sustainable processes for value creation and value distribution.
- Integrates the key ideas from many perspectives on strategic management into one coherent framework.
- Clearly distinguishes strategic management responsibilities from the tasks of operational managers.
- Focuses on a set of well-defined, carefully interrelated, and fundamentally important strategic management concepts.
- Provides both mini-cases and full-length cases give you opportunities to analyze strategic issues in realistic business situations.