Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The New Yorker
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 9, 2013
This app works for paper subscribers on the older versions of the kindle fire -- you just log in. The newer Kindle Fires aren't compatible! If you are a subscriber to the physical magazine, they want you to still pay $60 to read this digital version!!!!
on November 18, 2013
The New Yorker for Kindle Fire does not allow me to enlarge the text sufficiently, does not allow access to a dictionary, does not allow the text to be read with a wide view but only with a narrow view. The version for the Kindle Paper was much better. I originally received the kindle paper version in addition to my hard copy subscription. I enjoyed the color and ads in the hardcopy, but had ease of reading on the kindle version and access to a dictionary. Now I'm paying full price for my hard copy in addition to the Kindle Fire edition and have no ease of reading.
on January 26, 2016
I love this magazine, but my Amazon.com experience with it has been very painful. As a Kindle subscriber, I had hoped that I would be able to access all the articles, especially the ones that come in the New Yorker daily emails with featured news items. However I have not been able to access them, constantly getting the message that I have read my first ten articles free, and that I would have to subscribe to continue reading. I " chatted" with the Amazon personnel about this, and wrote to Conde Nast, who kindly set up a log in for me. But this hasn't resolved the problem. Yes, I get the digital subscription on time, but the daily articles are the ones I'd likely read first, and even with this Kindle subscription, I can't get at them. Buncha crap. Not the magazine, I mean, just the bugs that make it seem that Amazon is selling a good product without really standing by it, or providing full service. My " chat" experience with Amazon was terrible....I got handed around to three or four different people, none of them really solving the problem. It's still not solved. Caveat emptor.
on March 29, 2016
I love the New Yorker magazine, but I'm afraid the corporate intention is to replace it with the electronic version. I rarely use that method, but do so occasionally when I'm away from home. I find it difficult to read on my Galaxy, because of the size of the font. If I enlarge it, I must scan back and forth to read the text which is now too wide to see all at one time on my little screen. I'm glad that the New Yorker is available on my Galaxy, but I don't expect to use it much.
Newsweek once went this route, and I finally cancelled my subscription once it was available ONLY electronically. I still read the paper versions of Time and the New Yorker, the Scientific American, the Smithsonian, and other hard-copy magazines. I will continue to read The New Yorker. If it ever goes completely electronic, I'm not sure I will continue to subscribe.
on December 17, 2013
My eyesight's not bad and yet the largest of the three typeface offerings is still too small. It's a shame. The New Yorker's always been my favorite magazine but I won't be renewing my subscription.
on March 29, 2016
Best magazine ever written. Been reading it since Harold Ross, its founder, was the editor. In-depth articles you won't find anywhere else, great reviews, poetry and great fiction. And then there's the brilliantly hilarious cartoons and humor section that you will never find anywhere else. Plus how could we live without those amazing covers? My recent favorite was Eustace Tilly manspreading on the subway.
on October 18, 2015
This magazine has a great combination of essays by smart clever people, interesting short stories, great cartoons and lots of illustrations. This is a combination that is very hard to find. I often even like to look at the advertisements since they are for different sorts of items and include clever ways of depicting the item for sale.
on June 22, 2014
When I was growing up (I'm now a senior citizen) my parents subscribed to the New Yorker. I wasn't interested in the articles or the events: I read it for the cartoons. They were always amusing.

My sister sent me a gift subscription. Now, it is different for me. The cartoons are still my favorite part, but I read some of articles and reviews. Not all – I still find many too dry or uninteresting. The current events don't serve me well - I left New York almost three decades ago.

I won't renew. I enjoy the cartoons, but not enough for a paid subscription.
on June 15, 2016
Have received the magazine for a long time, but just started getting it on my Kindle. It's great! Have always loved The New Yorker, even though I'm in NYC only a few times a year. It provides reading material of the highest quality consistently. And lots of it. Which makes having it on the Kindle even more pleasing.
on April 21, 2016
The New Yorker remains one of the most balanced, enlightening, entertaining periodicals on the market. I've been reading it since I was a kid and don't expect to abandon it anytime soon; I purchased this subscription for my sister.