Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Board book|Change

on August 19, 2011
LOVE The Night Night Book by Marianne Richmond. Your child will fall in love with the illustrations and will want to read the story over and over again.

In this book you are saying night night to a bunch of different everyday objects. Each page has a new rhyme and a new set of pictures. Not only do my boys want to read this book every single night (multiple times) they can also tell me a lot of the words now. There is no question this is my 2 year old's absolute favorite book.

This fun, simple book will help your kids want to say goodnight before they head off to bed. Totally worth buying. This is a purchase you won't regret if you still have little ones at home.
on April 6, 2012
Darling book that is a wonderful tool for helping at transition time-- ending play and starting bedtime ritual. The book takes kiddos through saying "night night" to their toys, to daytime activities, and the bustling home. Depicts a very cute little boy as he says goodnight and gets ready for bed.

Very helpful, but we find it better to read in our living room as we say goodbye to toys. When we tried reading it in our little one's bedroom, he got all activated and remembered his toys & trains & wanted to go back to playtime again : )
on February 20, 2015
My 2 year old LOVES the other Marriane Richmond books we have (and so do I), we have her "I love you so" book and her "Big girls/boys go potty" book so I had high expectations but for me this book fell flat. Some of the things don't really apply to us like, "Night night couch thanks for nap", so since my child can't read I've just been replacing them with other words. For me, the audience/age range of this book isn't entirely clear, because it talks about "milk in tummy" and "teeth are brushed" but then later it also mentions a scooter, so to me it feels a little all over the place. Had I read the entire book before buying I probably would have looked for another one of her night time books.
on December 24, 2015
**MOM REVIEW** As an adult, I don't get why but my 2 year old daughter loves this book. It's simple and the pictures look as if a child colored them, but she loves pointing out everything (moon, puppy, frog, bike, crayons, etc). This book walks through everything and everyone he is telling goodnight.
on January 20, 2014
In addition to the cute rhymes, this book has the best pictures. There is so much extra you. n talk about on each page, from colors to shapes to body parts to counting stars and even animal sounds. We love this book. I highly recommend it!
This has quickly become my daughter's new favorite bed time book. The pictures are lovely with great colors. The rhymes are sweet and funny. It's an easy bedtime read - except when my daughter wants me to read it ten times!

LOL - in reference to one of the other reviewers, my daughter also noticed that the cat was not mentioned. While not important to an adult, the three-year-old was a little offended. I've had to add to the rhyme on that page just so I don't hear the question, "but what about the cat?" twenty times. :-)
on April 23, 2011
I recently came into the opportunity to read and review one of best selling author Marianne Richmond's amazing and adorable books. This book is sure to become an instant classic among families everywhere! I'm sure you remember Goodnight Moon, the 1947 classic by Margaret Wise Brown, about children saying goodnight to all the small things around them (I still have this one memorized). The Night Night Book is very similar in that it helps to settle your little ones in to bed by sharing lovely farewells to the events and activities of the day and getting ready to rest up and welcome a new tomorrow. This is a very sturdy board book- so it's pretty kid tough, it's 24 pages long and illustrated with beautiful and colorful artwork portraying the different scenes of bidding farewell and getting ready for bed. You and your children will want to read this book again and again. I had to read it 3 times on the first night and twice as many the second. We've managed to come down to only two reading a night, but I enjoy reading it to them as much as they love hearing it. Here is a little sample for you to read: "Comfy bed, all tucked in. Cozy blanket, toes to chin. Night night sky. Night night moon. Dear tomorrow, see you soon!"

Marianne Richmond is the bestselling author and illustrator of numerous children's books. She creates both emotional and thoughtful stories for parents to share with children of any age. These books are masterpieces that will be treasured now and forever.

In the spirit of full-disclosure,Sourcebooks has provided a copy of the Night Night Book by Marianne Richmond, for me and my family to read. No payment was given and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.
on September 14, 2012
Easy book for my little one to understand, and nice simple pictures. We read this book every other night and does not get tired of it ... yet.

Pro : Nice solid book. Nice illustration. Good pace, with just enough words... (Some books are too many pages, some are too few. This one is just about right for a 2 1/2 year old)

Cons : Perhaps if the book was slightly larger would be good.
on May 2, 2011
This is Moo's new favorite book, she wants it anytime of day. "Night Night book mommy"... In fact saying "night night" has been her favorite phrase for a few months now, so to get a book that says "night night" for her is really cute.
I love this book too, its fun to say goodnight to the everyday things around us and the illustrations are great too. I love that this book keeps Moo's attention. It's really hard to get her to sot down long enough to read a book, even short ones so I'm glad she LOVES "The Night Night Book".
This book would also make a perfect gift for new parents or even as a birthday gift. This fun, simple goodnight book will help your kids say goodnight to the world before they go night night.
-----------------------------
* Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a free sample to facilitate my review. This post reflects my honest, personal opinion and experience with the product which may differ from yours. Product information courtesy of the sponsor. No monetary compensation was provided for this post.
on May 16, 2011
The Night Night Book by Marianne Richmond takes a tour around the home as the child is getting ready for bed. Whimsical artwork and comforting scenes show kids it's time to say goodnight. The ideal way to wrap up a day with your child, this book is an adorable bedtime story that helps kids and parents bid farewell to the day, settle in for the night, and rest up for a new tomorrow.

FTC: I received a copy of the book from the publisher.