5.0 out of 5 stars This show just keeps getting better!
"Its Always Sunny" is without a doubt the funniest show on TV, although I would not recommend it for the easily offended. The writing, the directing, and above all, the acting (of both the main and support cast) is as close to perfection as anything I have seen in a comedy.

Published on May 11, 2009 by R. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars No commentary?!!
Published on September 15, 2009 by J. Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars This show just keeps getting better!, May 11, 2009

Every season they manage to somehow top themselves in hilarity and absurdity, and now that they have developed a good fan base FX must have upped their budget for this season so their wacky antics are even more over the top than previously (for example, there are at least 2 car explosions in season 4, possibly more). On top of their flashier action (well, destruction) sequences the characters have really developed their niches and honed their comedy to razor-thin perfection.

One thing I love about this show is its total lack of conventional sitcom story telling. The main characters not only avoid any and all attempts at morality and "positive" growth, their selfish depravity even morphs the upstanding people around them into degenerates as well. I think it does a good job of pointing out how so many people can be massive hypocrites in today's politically correct society; for example, "the gang" is hyper-sensitive to any comments they feel might be "racist" and yet all of them are overtly "racist" in their own right; a more extreme example can be seen in one character whom is against abortion and "gays" for what he claims to be religious reasons and yet he has sex out of wedlock with a rather hung transsexual.

I can watch these episodes for free online but I still will be stepping over my own children to buy this DVD as soon as it comes out. It truly is something you can never grow tired of watching over and over again, and everyone I have exposed to "Its Always Sunny" has become an instant fan much as I did when my father first introduced it to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best show on TV!!!, June 14, 2009
The gang is back in this fourth season of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia! This is a brilliant show that has some of the most creative and humorous shows on TV. The show has correctly been identified as "Seinfeld on crack," as the main characters all have that self-centered, politically-incorrect attitude towards people and life. The cast is phenomenal, from Mac and his sleevless shirts and charlie's dyslexia, to Dennis and Dee's problems with their dad Frank (played by Danny Devito), the acting is superb every episode. Other characters including Rickity Cricket and his new set of legs in the "Manhunters" episode and Waitress (yes thats her characters name) who is in love with Dennis, but Cant stand Charlie, everyone is essential to this cast.

Season 4 has some of the funniest, raunchiest, and most disgusting episodes the series has seen yet, as the gang continues to push the envelope with episodes like "The Gang solves the gas crisis", "Mac's Banging the Waitress" and "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life." Lets not forget the "Who pooped the Bed" episode, or the season finale "The Nightman Cometh," featuring a musical rendition of Charlie's (in)famous "Nightman" song.

If you havent seen the show then you should go out and buy it, especially since it is one of the best TV on DVD series you can buy and is much cheaper in comparison with other shows, that frankly aren't nearly as funny. (You should trust me when I tell you that this show is fantastic. I have a DVD collection of over 600 DVD's and TV show seasons.) All of these seasons are under $25 I believe... and sometimes you can get them for under $15!

Its also a show you should pick up if you are a fan of shows like Arrested Development and Seinfeld. I can't believe that I have to wait until September for this show!

Don't let this show be another Arrested Development! Tell your friends to watch this hilarious show!!! They will thank you for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars No commentary?!!, September 15, 2009
I am a huge huge fan of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Seasons 1-4 have been hilarious and I'm watching the season 4 dvd as I write this. But one thing I am hugely disappointed in is that there is no commentary! As a fan I love to hear the actors talk about each episode. There were two each for the season's 1 and 2 and season 3 dvd's. I was hoping for even more commentary this season and couldn't believe they didn't even waste a few minutes to at least record one or two. Man what a let down. Most tv shows are really good about that, IE Family Guy, The Simpsons, The Office. The one thing about It's Always Sunny is that the actors seem really down to earth and considerate of the fans. They really dropped the ball on this one. It's still worth buying but if you're a fan like me this will surely disappoint. As another reviewer mentioned, the main reason to buy a dvd is because of its extra features. This dvd has very little. Even the blooper reel was short and left you wanting more. Maybe if enough people complain season five dvd won't suffer the same fate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the bonus stuff?, October 7, 2009
Bryan Savage (Westminster, CO) - See all my reviews
Let me start off by saying that I really really like this show. All the Season 4 episodes are here and they're all awesome.

What makes me give this Season only a three-star rating is pretty much the total lack of extras. The only extras on here are an hour long live performance of "The Nightman Cometh" and a short featurette of "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life". Not a single episode has commentary and there are no TV spots, interviews, behind the scenes stuff, or anything else that I so look forward to.

It took this DVD a long time to be released. The whole season had been available on the Playstation Network for at least six months before this came out, but I waited. I was hoping that it was taking so long because we would be treated to commentary on every episode and tons of extras would be present. Alas, this is not the case and I'm very disappointed. I longed for more Sunny after I finished watching this season and I could not have it.

Of course, do not let me dissuade you from buying this. If you like the show and you have the first three Seasons, you're going to buy this one too.

3.0 out of 5 stars No commentaries, February 14, 2010
Unlike the previous DVDs, this one lacks commentary tracks. What's up guys, getting lazy? Don't they realize that one reason many people buy DVD sets is for the behind the scenes info. since they have already seen the episodes?

5.0 out of 5 stars (Second)* Greatest show ever made, September 13, 2009
Its always sunny in philladelphia is the greatest show ever made on any channel. NO JOKE!

* EDIT: This statement was made prior to season 3 of Breaking Bad. It should now read "Its always sunny in philladelphia is the SECOND greatest show ever made on any channel. NO JOKE!"

5.0 out of 5 stars A Show that truly pushes the envelope, July 28, 2009
Original and raunchy It's Always Sunny.. is one of the funniest shows on network television. It continues to push the envelope and get better and better with each season.

The show follows a group of friends who happen to own a bar and manage to get themselves into the most ridiculous situations imaginable. Each character is different and crazy in their own way, it's easy to connect with them because you're bound to have a "Charlie" or a "Dee" in your group of friends.

Each season gets a little crazier and season 4 is no exception. This season covers everything from the gang selling gasoline to dealing with cannibalism. The finale is centered around one of the best things out of season 3, the song "Nightman."

This is definitely a show that's not to be missed. This is a must own DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy....Even if Not the Best Season, July 15, 2009
Is it possible that there were 13 episodes this season? I'm shocked. It seemed half that....but maybe that expresses the hunger for Sunny episodes. Definitely look forward to it each week. I didn't feel like it was their best season (despite the tantalizing title "Who Pooped the Bed" the episode really wasn't that great), but there are definitely some gems and adding the 4th season to your DVD collection is a must. I'll end this review on some good notes: Charlie and Dee are hilarious in the 1st episode "Manhunters" and "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell" is one of their more ambitious efforts! But not quite as ambitious as Charlie's full blown production of "The Nightman Cometh."
If you haven't seen this show yet, all I have to say is ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Season Thus Far, April 30, 2014
This season was dynamite. Episode after episode of hits. It contains the first 2 part episode where Mac and Charlie Die SPOILER(they don't really die), it also has personal favorite episode, "Who Pooped the Bed?". I have spent more time watching this tv show than any other show and this season is a mainstay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great season, December 18, 2012
S. Carlson (Huntington Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
If you've been watching this hilarious and dysfunctional series then you already know what to expect, and the insanity continues in season 4.

Rate and Discover Movies