Published 11 months ago by AlannaB

3.0 out of 5 stars Great motivator but...
I am a huge fan of Jonathan Roche and am glad I purchased the book but it is only good in addition to his website. Not as a stand-alone book that will teach you exactly what to do and how to do it. An actual program is missing and that is a pity. I was hoping to be able to see the whole Bootcamp outlined in detail. I just signed up for the Bootcamp for the 3rd time and I...
Published 9 months ago by Lisbet B Soda

5.0 out of 5 stars I've LOST 40 pounds and 38 inches using Jonathan's system outlined in this book....but I'm more excited about what I've GAINED!!, January 24, 2014
This review is from: The No Excuses Diet: The Anti-Diet Approach to Crank Up Your Energy and Weight Loss! (Paperback)
The knowledge laid out in these pages, when applied, will transform your life, just like they did mine. I went from being exhausted and having zero energy to regaining my life back and feeling alive!!! His holistic approach has set me free from the years and cycles of dieting. I no longer have to say "no" to things I want to say "yes" to because of being unfit and overweight. It has changed my life as well as the lives of our family, and most importantly my kids. I'm eternally grateful for these tools found through these pages, for they have made all the difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful! LIfe Changing! Must Read!, January 13, 2014
This is the most powerful and positive book I have ever read: it has unequivocally changed my life, and I'm proud to be passing its concepts down to our children.

Jonathan Roche's story is compelling and his genuine passion to help others achieve their optimum health is clearly evident. This man cares and his proven ideas just make sense.

Jonathan's whole-hearted, whole health approach is a manual for becoming the best you can possibly be, so you can live a full, healthy and happy life. It cuts through all the negative hype surrounding weight loss, offering an effective, focused and achievable plan adaptable to your lifestyle - which I love.

This book is a unique approach to health & wellness. It helps you identify what truly motivates you, empowers you to see yourself in a new way, and ignites the spark within you. As a result, you are inspired to take consistent action that leads to lasting change. This book is written with genuine enthusiasm and possibility - you WANT to take the best care of yourself because you simply feel you have no other choice.

As a business owner and a busy mom of two, I found myself out of shape and exhausted. By applying the principles in this book I lost 35 pounds. At age 41 I went from never running a mile to completing a half marathon. I have found my zest for life again. This book lifts you up through little steps, moving you beyond what you think you are capable of.

I highly recommend it for readers of all ages and all stages of health. No matter who you are, if you give it a try I'm convinced you will see improvement and learn that your possibilities are endless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book! All the tools you will ever need for weight loss and overall health are right here in this book., January 13, 2014
Wow, what a fantastic book. It is full of no nonsense tools and guidance to help you achieve your goals.

The chapters are easy to read and with so many "a ha" moments, you wont want to put the book down.

There are so many tools Jonathan gives in this book to incorporate into your life, all of them are straight forward and
totally doable.

Jonathan's passion for health and wellness come across so much in this book. You can feel through the pages that he truly cares and is passionate about helping others. He has created such an awesome book and approach.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to lose a little, or a lot of weight, or just to improve your overall health and well being. There's something in this book that everyone can take away from and live better for having read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally the right approach!, January 22, 2014
Everyone deserves to "have tons of energy, be a healthy weight and feel amazing." These words really resonated with me and thanks to this book I am finally on the right path to get fit (without stupid diets and starving myself and being miserable.) This is the perfect "instruction manual" so you have all the tools you need to become a happier, healthier, more balanced "you".

Also it is VERY refreshing to read a book by an author that had his own health struggles and overcame them. Obviously he knows what he is sharing. I like knowing that Jonathan understands my frustrations, he knows all about the emotions and challenges that hit us when we struggle with our weight and health etc. and now it's obvious that he is an athlete and he truly "lives what he advises" in his book.

Jonathan's approach is straight-forward and easy to understand. He clearly outlines what you can do every day to crank up your energy and stay committed to making changes and taking care of yourself.
This book has been a game changer for me. It's inspirational. Uplifting. And a great "gift book" for friends and family that have the same struggles that I do.
Thanks to the tools I learned from this book, for the first time I understand why I've failed at weight-loss in the past. I am silencing my negative voice and actually taking control of my future and health. I am dropping the excuses. I feel empowered and energized.
I've purchased many books about dieting and losing weight and this is the first one that actually showed me how to turn things around and achieve results. I'm throwing away the other books and sticking to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Gimmicks - Just a Roadmap to Real Change!, January 24, 2014
Mo Maguire (Long Island, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Jonathan Roche has a passion for helping people and changing lives. His plan seems simple, but it is scientifically based, tested and true. Small daily changes that produce lifelong results. He offers an approach to deal with the mental issues that prevent people from following through with the changes they want in their health and wellness. He also offers a sustainable exercise plan that produces real results. He understands that most of us have busy lives and cannot devote hours a day to exercise.

No fads, no special diets, no expensive exercise equipment - just a sane and sustainable way to live a better life!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing approach to making effective lifestyle changes and living your best life., January 22, 2014
An inspiring and truly motivating approach to making a lifestyle change. Jonathan's approach to fitness and health is driven by a compelling, heart felt, and very personal life story, and a vision that reaches through the pages of the book and compels the reader to jump on board with enthusiasm and vision. The steps are straight forward, and easy to understand and execute with his voice and energy coaching along every page. This book identifies one of the biggest road blocks to living your healthiest life, and identifies it as your own inner dialogue. The book provides you with the tools to physically live your healthiest and best self. But the most compelling part, I believe, are the tools Jonathan provides to help quiet the negativity inside our own heads, and turn our mind into a powerful tool instead of our enemy.

Jonathan's voice and vision, along with his compelling story, and his sincere motivation are what the reader will hear and feel long after finishing the last pages of this book, and as they continue to write the next chapter in their own fitness journey. Thank you Jonathan for an inspiring and moving approach to having hope, looking forward, making changes, and continuing on even when it isn't always easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and simple path to a healthy lifestyle, January 24, 2014
Ellen K. Moeller (Superior, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This step-by-step guide will help you change your own negative self-talk as well as your unhealthy lifestyle habits. Jonathan cares so deeply about helping others; his care and concern shines through the pages. This may well be THE book that changes your weight-loss journey FOREVER! Excellent book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most realistic and sustainable approach to improving your health and happiness!, January 22, 2014
Jonathan has developed the most realistic and sustainable approach to improving your health and happiness. The philosophies, methods and tools he discusses in the book are integrated into his online boot camp are intuitive and powerful lessons. His approach to "dieting" and fitness is the most unique program I have ever read about or seen. There are no fad diets or unrealistic exercise program that will do more harm to your body in the long run and demoralize you from every trying to make healthy changes in your lifestyle again.

What I love the most about Jonathan's book and fitness program is that it integrates the entire mind and body experience that is required to successfully change to a healthier happier lifestyle. More than half the battle is mental and he provides an empowering perspective on how to manage and overcome the negative internal voices that keep you from succeeding.

I highly recommend the book. It is a quick empowering read...It will inspire you to take ownership of your health and empower you with the tools to be successful. You are worth the investment! I have been participating in his online boot camp since July of 2013 and I have never felt better or happier in my life. I have also lost 39lbs and 48" and achieved my goal weight... Joining his program was one of the best decisions I have ever made and has forever changed my life and the life of my children for the better as I pass onto them a legacy of a healthy and happy lifestyle!

Thank you Jonathan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome life-changing Tool, January 24, 2014
K. Smith (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great book that provides all the tools to change every facet of your lifestyle. It will provide you the opportunity to choose to live well and become healthier, which will result in weight loss (if needed) and muscle growth and toning. It is like having your own personal trainer or coach pumping you up and helping to squash your negative voice and others' negative voices that drag you down and suck the life out of you. It will be a great big help in your journey!

5.0 out of 5 stars It flat out works, January 26, 2014
I joined the free No Excuses team several years ago, before I was really ready to implement the program and change my life. I registered on the website and let the emails come in and never really did anything about it. However, when I was finally ready and started using the amazing tools I'd had in my email for so long, I realized this is the real deal! As Jonathan says, it is simple, not easy. The No Excuses program is easy to understand, sensible, and empowering. Jonathan always signs his emails with "Your Biggest Fan" and when I watch his videos, read his emails, and now read the book, I can picture him standing on the sidelines cheering me on and running in for a high five and a hug when I'm done.

I was fortunate enough to be able to pre-order this wonderful book when the option first came available. After several delays it finally arrived in my mailbox on Saturday morning. I was beyond thrilled to finally have this in my hands! it's now Sunday evening and I have read it through. It is a very clear explanation of the entire No Excuses system of not dieting. What Jonathan understands, and most weight loss coaches skip, is that weight loss is mostly a mental game. In the book he does discuss the importance of exercise and proper nutrition but a lot of his advice concerns how we talk ourselves down (Negative Voice) and make excuses (no time or "bad genes", for example) and ways to overcome these speed bumps.

If you are looking for a "quick fix" to lose 20lbs in a week, you aren't going to find it. On the other hand, if you are looking for a proven, easy to understand, sustainable way to crank up your energy, improve your mood, and lose 1-3 pounds per week and keep it off then you are in the right place! Jonathan's No Excuses program flat out works as long as you work the program!

Jonathan, I am YOUR biggest fan! <3 Sherry

$19.95 $15.70
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.