4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to
Published on October 11, 2012 by Bernardo Medeiros

3.0 out of 5 stars Use your phone while your hands freeze
The etip works great. No problems using the iPhone. The gloves also look great. Only one problem and a major problem too. These gloves wont keep your hands warm at all. Whats the point of using gloves if you hands aren't kept warm. Might as well just take the gloves off and use your fingers to navigate your phone.
Published on January 8, 2012 by Rohul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Use your phone while your hands freeze, January 8, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars good idea - bad construction, March 16, 2012
I used my etip gloves for two weeks. The silver "swipe" tips on both gloves are totally frayed. This glove is an excellent idea. Unfortunately it's a total execution failure. Not what I would have excpected from a North Face product. I used the gloves as inner liners during a two week snowboard trip. At this point they are so frayed that they don't work anymore and I have to throw the gloves in the garbage. Only buy these gloves if you're not going to do any sort of outdoor activities requiring touching anything other than your iphone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for oxidation, April 11, 2013
Bought a pair at the end of last winter, they worked fine, put them in a vacuum bag for the summer with all other winter clothes. By September (6 months after purchase), only two fingers still worked. By mid-winter or 9 months after purchase, no fingers worked anymore. The finger tips get oxidation and just don't work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, October 11, 2012
To the reviewer who says these don't protect your hands from the intense cold, take a closer look at the product description; it says it's not meant for that, and that it fits snug enough to wear other, thicker gloves, over it. I own a pair and I have to say the functionality of the special fingertips is spot on. And it's true, if you go around with just these under super cold weather your hands will freeze. So be smart about it and buy it if you know how to use it. Now the price tag is excessive, but if you want to take no risks and you just know you'll be using your smartphone (iphone for me) during winter then it's of course much better then having exposed hands do the job. Overall 4 stars because of the price. FYI: I hate spending money on overpriced products, but no regrets so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fashion, comfortable but not warming, March 31, 2013
I bought them because it said that can be used in low temperatures (0 - 4 Celsius) but it didn't work. My hands were frozen all the time.

3.0 out of 5 stars You can still use your iphone but your fingers remain chilled, March 25, 2013
This review is from: The North Face Etip Glove (Electronics)
I used these gloves when biking in New England spring when the temperatures were between 30 to 40. I agree with other reviewers that this glove does not insulate your hands enough. The fingers remain especially cold.

2.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, February 27, 2013
This review is from: The North Face Etip Glove (Electronics)
I was really excited to get these gloves, but ended up being very disappointed. They are NOT waterproof and BARELY kept my hands warm at all. The silicone on the palms rubbed off after about 2 weeks, and I didn't think the texting tips worked that greater either. I couldn't move my fingers to type with accuracy. These gloves are cute, but if you're looking for quality, don't buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Ok, February 13, 2013
This review is from: The North Face Etip Glove (Electronics)
I work in a server room all day and my hands get cold, I bought them cause they look skin tight and thought that i would be able to type with them on. I can type but not as good as i want to be able to.
As far as being able to work a smart phone yes you can access the phone with the gloves on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great functionality, poor durability, March 7, 2013
This review is from: The North Face Etip Glove (Electronics)
These were a bit on the pricey side but I really enjoyed how well they worked with my iPhone. It's now the beginning of March and they are fraying along all the edges of the e-tip technology. My right pointer finger also is not conducting as well as it used to and has 'dead' spots. I would not describe them as receiving heavy use and I haven't been putting them through the wash. Will not survive an entire winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars NorthFace eTip, November 29, 2012
I have bought several pair of "touch phone" gloves and hated them all due to poor fit the North Face may be a little pricey but worth it! I have small hands and these are the only ones that fit snug enough to actually be effective. An added bonus is during cold season you don't have to take your gloves off to operate self check out screens and gas pump screens!
I wouldn't wear them skiing or anything but they're not really meant for that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›