The North Face Surge II Backpack
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps with a top layer of Atilon foam for added support and bottom layer of PE foam for added comfort
- Comfortable, padded Airmesh back panel with Spine Channel and PE sheet for extra back support
- Integrated reflective light loop
- Padded, winged, stowable hipbelt
- Zippered, dedicated, padded laptop compartment (fits most 17" laptops)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Some people are saying this daypack is a waste of money and to purchase the Surge I instead. I would have to disagree
I am a college student and I also enjoy getting lost in the woods so this pack serves my every needs
A. Lets start with the first large compartment (laptop compartment)
1. Its huge and has a tablet compartment attached to it. I fit my 15" Macbook in there with a case and use the tablet compartment for my charger usually
2. Sorry but this compartment does not have a slit to run a bladder hose through but you can always just run it though an opening in a zipper if you really wanted
3. This compartment also has a foam tube on the bottom (2inch in diameter) for protection(I just drop my bag to the floor even with my laptop in it when i set it down honestly)
B. The next large compartment is your main compartment,
1. For day hikes, I fill this thing to the top with food, clothes, gear, and usually one very large jacket for the night hike back.
2. For school i could fit my biology and physics text book in there (each is about 300 pages) plus my binders and notebooks with enough space to add my sweater on top, ITS HUGE!
C. Here's your organizational pocket
1. velcro compartment, attached to a pocket the same size which is zippered, attached to two other pocket, (could fit a CD case in each) plus other small compartments including a padded pocket for something more delicate like an iphone perhaps.
2. The front side of the pocket has a mesh zipper compartment which is nice because you can always see what you got in there.
D.Read more ›
The backpack is INCREDIBLY comfortable, I can barely notice when I have it completely full of stuff!
I only have two regrets about this packpack--first, there is only one side pocket for a water bottle (which is very obvious from the photos) but something I wasn't as keen on was how small the "The North Face" pocket on the front was. It can barely fit my sunglasses in them, so I end up putting them in the pocket directly behind it. That being said, though, it is perfect for my keys and headphones!
Overall a fantastic backpack. Oh also it is basically waterproof too!
Pros: (well the ones not mentioned or highlighted by anyone else because if I listed them all then there will be no room).
1) The weight distribution is like magic stuff in 3 text books and still feels like nothing... What sorcery is this TNF??!!!
2) Its sooo spacious it feels like a black hole where you just jam your stuff and it will reappear later. It can easily fit 3 text books or in clothing terms around a dozen t shirts and a pair of pants and still have room for a laptop and water bottle.
3) There is this little tube that protects the laptop compartment from dropping impact.
4) The napoleon pockets (I think its just so cool to say napoleon pockets) anyways just store your keys and other objects you need to quickly access.
5) The straps on the side to condense your luggage works really well. Since we're talking about straps might as well mention the chest and back straps they hold the bag so it feels like its hugging your back (which can be useful in the winter for warmth) but its better used if you're running to that one bus or riding a bike around campus.
6) The aesthetics (for the black one) is very pleasing for the person who wants to look "professional" like a businessman by day and a errrr hitman by night type of person. Very sleek doesn't stand out thats how I like it but if you want to be all flashy then there are plenty of other colors like gold so it can match your iphone...Read more ›
First off like another reviewer said that all the compartments are great but they compromise others. If I have the back 2 filled with books it's almost impossible to get anything out of the third compartment.
My biggest complaint was and is that it's falling apart after 2 weeks of very mild use. The piping is detaching off the shoulder straps.
I can't return it to Amazon because it's after the 30 day date I started using it after the date as I bought it during the summer for school in the fall.
The only other option I have is to pay the 15 dollars to send it to north face and wait 5 weeks to get it back.
Next time if I order I will get it from REI.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
You'll look fly and you'll be able to carry all your stuff
Win / Win.
Looks awesome! I have the red and yellow color scheme and I think it's pretty sweet looking. Lots of space but there a bigger bags out there.Published 13 days ago by Lance P. Middleton
The bad news is it's a heavy pack due to the internal structure. The good news is it's awesome. Very comfortable and can fit a huge amount of stuff. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Michelle
Very weak fabric (like silk) on right side that wears through or tears immediately. I bought for my son for Christmas and it ripped in first 5 days. Read morePublished 25 days ago by KCL
Great pack, have been using it daily for over 4 months. Pockets and zippers are very sturdy, multiple pockets for organizing is really nice. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kami