Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 13, 2013
I've been Vegan for quite some time and clearly see the benefits. While this book does not suggest you go Vegan, it clearly sets you on a path of a healthier vegetarian lifestyle and tasty meat free eating. If you're looking for a book that supports better eating habits in a tasty way then you'll love what this book has to offer. Cheers!
on November 3, 2014
Just received this book to help me get more veggies into my life. Tried 3 recipies this weekend and LOVE all 3! I now am hooked on turnips, parsnips & kale chips! Going to put a pot of the homemade veggie broth on tonight!! Love that the first chapters dive into each vegi, what they "help" with and page that recipe can be found on. This is my new favorite cookbook!!!
on December 12, 2013
A treasure trove of information and recipes. Which veggies work best for stress, detoxing, skin, hair, energy and more. Beautiful book. Highly recommended.
on August 17, 2014
What a fabulous book! I was always very standoffish with some vegetables, as I didn't know what cooking method to use for many of them. I got stuck in a routine of microwaving frozen vegetables and adding salt and butter in an attempt to fit more of them into my diet. This book helped me introduce a variety of new vegetables into my daily meals without all the hassle of researching how to prep them. More importantly, these dietitians shed so much light on how veggies can both keep you energized and give your immune system a boost. The recipes were easy for me to follow and my family actually enjoys them! And the pictures were very necessary for me to completing the recipes correctly. If your hesitant about vegetables and want to get your waistline down, this book will really help! Just by adding veggies to my lunches and dinners, I have begun to feel less bloated and my pants are starting to feel less snug. Definitely worth the time and money with this one :-)
on December 13, 2013
This is the ultimate vegetarian book. It has everything. Explanation of the health benefits, interesting and exciting recipes written in a easily accessible way with beautiful pictures. If you use this book, you'll thoroughly enjoy eating your vegetables and feel great at the same time.
on February 12, 2014
***Received this book for free as part of Goodreads firstreads*** I really liked this book. I've been interested in adding more vegetables to my diet for quite some time because, like most people, I know they are healthy for me. This book discusses which vegetables are good in the following areas: fighting heart disease, fighting cancer, being kid-friendly, skin-enhancing/beautifying, slimming, good for pregnancy, fights bloating, fights stress and stress-related damage, satiety, easy to prepare, giving energy, and enhancing nutrient absorbtion when paired with other foods. Not only does this book discuss the health benefits of different vegetables, it also gives hints for preparing them so that you leave more nutrients intact, ready for you to absorb. The authors spotlight different vegetables in each chapter and have a list of their coordinating recipes included in the book that include that vegetable. It makes it very handy for when you fall in love with a vegetable after reading about it and want to jump in and try it right away.

The recipe section is divided into: Breakfasts and Smoothies, Appetizers and Snacks, Soups and Salads, Mains, and Sides. I kind of wished that there were more main dishes included, but the there are so many sides that can easily be made into a main course, or just serve with a chicken breast and be done with it. Each of the recipes has a symbol at the top of it which helps to classify it as fighting heart disease, kid friendly, etc. For example, if I'm looking for recipes with mood-boosting properties because I suffer from depression, its easy to see whether or not each recipe would fit the bill.

And because most people opt to include more vegetables in their diet for weight loss, there is a 10-plan for a weight loss jumpstart, belly de-bloat, and toxin flush. I did not try the plan, but I should and probably will.

Another thing that I find important to note is that this isn't one of those veggie books that looks down its nose at meat-eaters (like me). The book doesn't talk a lot about meat sources, except to compare how much of a vegetable you would need to eat to get the equivalent nutrient in meat because, as the authors says on a few occasions, they are choosing to focus on the vegetable aspect. They do include eggs and cheese in some of their recipes.

I found this book informative, easy-to-read, non-judgemental, and just plain interesting. I find that I'm definitely more motivated to eat more vegetables and know I know what to eat in order to combat some of my health problems.
on April 14, 2015
I wish there was a grocery list for the 10 Day Weight Loss Jumpstart. I was surprised at the generic layout for this part of the book. Additionally, I was also surprised that the twins recommended using canola oil in some of the recipes. I have just read other celebrity nutritionist state to stay away from canola oil. I have not read the book in its entirety and I know there is some very useful and nutritionally sound advise in the book. Therefore, I will do an update once I have read the book completely.
on February 11, 2014
Thanks Nutrition Twins for writing a book that speaks to veggie lovers! As a registered dietitian nutritionist who touts the benefits of a plant-based diet, this book is more ammunition for what you can make with the plethora of veggies available to us. Jam-packed with delicious recipes and reasons to eat them -- this book offers the insights into how to put together meatless meals, sides and snacks that will do you body good. The colorful food photos and health codes throughout the book make it a user-friendly guide and enticing to read, plus it provides evidence-based solutions to numerous nutrition problems.

This is a must have in any culinary library - you make eating healthy fun and exciting!

-VSR

-Victoria Shanta Retelny, RDN, LDN
on August 15, 2014
Great healthy recipes for vegetarian dishes. Some are unusual but all taste great. Most require a fair amount of prep time, and items from the supermarket you usually wouldn't buy. Me, I generally tend to skip recipes like that. I don't like to buy a whole container of something I'll only use a little of and end up throwing the rest away.
On the good side the food is great, but on the negative side I could eat at a decent restaurant for what all the ingredients cost me. This was my wife's idea. We tried it tor the two week cleansing routine. Then we went back to our normal diet - Nutrisystem for her and McDonald's for me.
on May 25, 2014
There is nothing worse for a book containing recipes than for those recipes to have incorrect ingredient lists, wrong measurement amounts, or missing steps.

Congrats, ladies! You've managed to have all three. The book has been returned. There's too many options out there to waste time with shoddy books/sites or those who put the shoddy material out.

A close second? Inability to find recipes. Recipes are not included in the general index because there is a recipe index. The recipe index, however, is by searchable only by the meal category they put the food in, and then by cutesy title (Hole-in-One; Veggie Yard Dash) but not by ingredient. (Their categories: Appetizers & Snacks; Breakfasts and Smoothies; Main Dishes; Side Dishes; Soups and Salads). You cannot look up 'zucchini' and find all the zucchini recipes. You might consider something a side or a main or a breakfast item, but they may not. Cookbooks that don't allow for finding recipes by the ingredient are not particularly useful to me.

For those who are interested in accurate recipes, I've had good luck with the Veggie Venture website.