5.0 out of 5 stars Great Office DVD Supplement
Hello. As this is my first posting ever on Amazon, I wanted to just list all the features of the DVD as there was no description on Amazon's page. Below is all the information listed on the back of the DVD for anyone thinking about purchasing this DVD, but not quite sure. Enjoy!

INCLUDES 7 DIGITAL SHORTS TOTALING 75 MINUTES!

1. The Accountants -...
Published on November 16, 2010 by Jonathan Polan

2.0 out of 5 stars It's all in one place, but how much is that worth to you?
Published on November 21, 2010 by Robert D. Watson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars It's all in one place, but how much is that worth to you?, November 21, 2010
So here we have a new "The Office" product, and I got it, not really knowing what to expect. There surely isn't a whole lot of information out there as to what this exactly is supposed to be. I look at it like a bridge between the Michael Scott era, and the upcoming non-Michael Scott era version of the show (he barely appears in any of the shorts, maybe this is to flesh out some of the minor characters who will become more important next season?). It's a bunch of 7 minute long excerpts that look like ideas the producers had that just never made it into the show because there wasn't enough to make a whole episode on.

The problem with this disc is simple - you have a good 90% of this content already if you own the season DVDs. There are a few things on here that I didn't recognize as having seen already, but for the most part, almost the entire content of this disc, special features included, can already be found by hunting through Seasons 3-6 in the bonus content area. I'm going to assume that I either forgot about the rest, or they'll be some of the bonus features on Season 7.

Is it good material? Yeah, it's pretty watchable, and having it all in one place is great, but like I said, this is kind of like buying a greatest hits album of a band who's entire discography you already have, so the value of it is questionable. None of these shorts are as good as your average Office episode, but they're funny nonetheless. Video quality, etc is not much different than the originals I saw on the seasons.

I'd skip it if I were you, if only because you should spend your money on the seasons instead, if you don't already have them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Office DVD Supplement, November 16, 2010

INCLUDES 7 DIGITAL SHORTS TOTALING 75 MINUTES!

1. The Accountants - Oscar, Angela and KEvin do some investigating when money goes missing at Dunder Mifflin, but what will they find?
2. Kevin's Loan - Kevin is ready to open up his own business, but first he must take a step in applying for a loan and the process begins.
3. The Outburst - The investigation begins after Oscar receives a mysterious phone call that leads to a very public outburst.
4. Blackmail - Creed engages in some old-fashioned blackmail against his co-workers.
5. Subtle Sexuality - Kelly and Erin's girl group, Subtle Sexuality, shoot their first music video.
6. The Mentor - Erin seeks an accounting mentor, what is she willing to sacrifice for success?
7. The Podcast - Gabe tries to impress corporate by recording a podcast for the Sabre website. However, his plans for a small, meaningful profile of Kevin quickly unravel as the rest of the office forces Gabe to become the reluctant host of a late-night style talk show!

2 HOURS OF BONUS CONTENT

5. Subtle Sexuality Music Video
6. Dwight Schrute Music Video
7. Lazy Scranton Video
8. Michael SCott's Dunder Mifflin Ad
9. Fake PSAs: "The More You Know"

DVD SPECIFICATIONS (ACCORDING TO THE CASE):

1. Language: English Dolby Digital 2.0
2. Subtitles: English SDH, Espanol
3. Aspect Ratio: Various
4. Approx. 1 Hr. 16 Mins
5. NOT RATED

Now, I have just received this DVD and not yet viewed it, but I do know that a lot (if not almost all of the content) can be found on the various season box sets. However, for $9.99 on Amazon, this is a great buy and a fun "sit-down-and-watch-athon".

I hope this was helpful!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hit or miss, November 29, 2010
M. Nguyen (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This mainly flesh out the minor characters from the start of the series. Some of the jokes are great, some are a waste. If you're obsessed with the office, you might appreciate it; but I personally don't think its worth the money. These should ahave been extras on the regular season dvds. Last thing, its pretty annoying how they couldn't just edit the clips that make up the shorts to a solid single playing figurette. instead, every few minutes you have to sit through the little opening for the storyline over and over again

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for Die-Hard Fans, February 19, 2011
I bought it and realised the shorts are also contained in the main DVD boxsets. I watched till I actually saw one that I didn't see before. But by then I was quite bored and decided to skip it.

It's quite tiring to sit through multiple opening scenes for every 5 minute clip too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Addition to your Collection, February 21, 2011
This is a great collection of The Office digital shorts. What people may not realize is that you can find all of the main content (and most of the bonus features) online at NBC's website. All of the main content originated as web-only shorts that the cast made when they weren't making actual TV episodes. This usually means that the production value isn't up to that of a real episode (not a full cast, shoe-string budget, etc), however, this isn't too apparent and most are still high quality.

If you are an Office fan, like myself, it is definitely worth it to have it as part of your collection.

You can get most (if not all) of the content on this DVD on NBC's website for free. However, if you have slow internet and can't watch video online, you'll want to pick this up. Even if you do have fast internet, it's nice to have all these great shorts in one place backed up off-line.

4.0 out of 5 stars funny, January 11, 2011
sarah smart (Leicester, NC, US) - See all my reviews
If you are into The Office like my husband and I are then you need this dvd to add to your collection. The short stories in this dvd are about characters that dont get as much focus in the tv episodes. Its fun to watch those characters (creed, kevin, erin, etc) develop more!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time, even if it is free, September 7, 2011
I love the office but I couldn't even finish this. BORING. I hardly ever write reviews but even though this is free its not worth watching.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for die-hard Office fans, January 17, 2011
Is it as funny as the show? No. Is it obnoxious to have to watch credits between each 2-5 minute long chapter? Yes. Do I regret my purchase? Absolutely not. A must have for die-hard Office fans, and a clever look at some of the characters that we don't see that much of in the weekly series. For the price, you can't go wrong.

1.0 out of 5 stars not funny, June 5, 2011
we were disappointed with this dvd. we thought it would be much funnier than it actually is, and most of the shorts and specials are available on the regular dvd's of the office. i suggest not wasting your money. there are much funnier things out there....

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected this collection to be funnier., December 2, 2010
This collection is a mediocre grouping of shorts from different seasons. I expected these shorts to be a lot funnier, similar to The Office tv epsiodes, but these shorts are lacking. Some moments are funny and entertaining, but it feels like the unfunny moments last longer than the funny moments. Also, the flow of the episodes could have been better if they had removed the intro bumpers between each 2 minute clip. The intros add about 10 seconds each and feel unnecessary.

Another review already listed everything that is on the DVD, so I won't list the contents. I enjoyed Creed's Blackmail short and thought it finally gave his mysterious character more screen time. Kelly and Erin's video was slightly entertaining. "The Accountants" is not funny, and "The Loan" is not funny, except for Darryl's appearance.

Characters in the shorts: Oscar, Angela, Kevin, Creed, Kelly, Ryan, Andy, Erin, Gabe, Toby. However, Michael Scott, Jim, and Pam are not in any of the shorts. Dwight Schrute makes an appearance for 2 minutes and his appearance is funny. I don't think this collection is worth the fifteen or ten. Only die-hard fans on The Office should get this, but everyone else should just watch the shorts online. I expected the shorts to be a lot funnier.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›